Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will it be today then? 08:04 - Mar 2 with 21482 viewsBluefish

Any later and it isn't worth it, it is debatable as to whether it is already too late. It should have been done after Lincoln.

If however the replacement is a progressive opposed to a quick fix appointment, it can be done anytime

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Will it be today then? on 08:08 - Mar 2 with 7321 viewsBudapestByBlimp

There's plenty of options available ...

BCWYWF
Will it be today then? on 08:08 - Mar 2 with 7317 viewswitchdoctor

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Will it be today then? on 08:17 - Mar 2 with 7257 viewsWD19

Will it be today then? on 08:22 - Mar 2 with 7217 viewsHerbivore

He won't be going anywhere until at least the summer.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Will it be today then? on 08:25 - Mar 2 with 7214 viewsitfcsimo

If there are break clauses In his contract I would think they would activate when it’s confirmed club can’t go up or won’t activate till the summer. Would cost Evans a lot to act before that
Will it be today then? on 08:26 - Mar 2 with 7215 viewsitfcjoe

When you see my post below, it's too late for Warnock on a quick fix, needs to be the long term manager coming in

And if Lambert is to get the boot, you'd imagine it will be when mathematically impossible if there is any clauses in the contract re not finishing in top 6

The Stats by itfcjoe 2 Mar 2020 8:24
Chances of getting automatic promotion...

9W 1L gives us a 54% chance of top 2

Chances of top 6

80% - 22 points from 10 games

60% - 21 points from 10 games

40% - 20 points from 10 games

20% - 19 points from 10 games

<10% - 18 points from 10 games

<2% - 17 points from 10 games.

That should hit home how much we have to do from here - we basically need somewhere between 20 and 21 points for a coin flip chance of getting in the top 6.

So realistically 6 wins, 3 draws and a defeat from the final 10 games.

The fat lady is warming up her vocal chords

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Will it be today then? on 08:30 - Mar 2 with 7189 viewsArnieM

Will it be today then? on 08:26 - Mar 2 by itfcjoe

When you see my post below, it's too late for Warnock on a quick fix, needs to be the long term manager coming in

And if Lambert is to get the boot, you'd imagine it will be when mathematically impossible if there is any clauses in the contract re not finishing in top 6

The Stats by itfcjoe 2 Mar 2020 8:24
Chances of getting automatic promotion...

9W 1L gives us a 54% chance of top 2

Chances of top 6

80% - 22 points from 10 games

60% - 21 points from 10 games

40% - 20 points from 10 games

20% - 19 points from 10 games

<10% - 18 points from 10 games

<2% - 17 points from 10 games.

That should hit home how much we have to do from here - we basically need somewhere between 20 and 21 points for a coin flip chance of getting in the top 6.

So realistically 6 wins, 3 draws and a defeat from the final 10 games.

The fat lady is warming up her vocal chords

That’s impressive Statistical research 👍

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Will it be today then? on 08:36 - Mar 2 with 7152 viewshammo56

He ain't going anywhere at this moment in time.
Still expect him to be the manager come the opening game of next season.
Login to get fewer ads

Will it be today then? on 08:52 - Mar 2 with 7075 viewsBluefish

Will it be today then? on 08:17 - Mar 2 by WD19

Incredibly he would now be an upgrade

Will it be today then? on 09:28 - Mar 2 with 6979 viewsbraveblue

Will be here next season. Marcus has a plan!!
It's too late now..... on 09:37 - Mar 2 with 6944 viewsBloots

.....I can't really see any change until November/December next season unfortunately.

Evans won't do anything till it's mathematically impossible and once Shambert switches back to PR mode he'll convince the usual turds that he's the man for next season too.

What a life.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

It's too late now..... on 09:41 - Mar 2 with 6903 viewsfooters

It's too late now..... on 09:37 - Mar 2 by Bloots

.....I can't really see any change until November/December next season unfortunately.

Evans won't do anything till it's mathematically impossible and once Shambert switches back to PR mode he'll convince the usual turds that he's the man for next season too.

What a life.

"I know I said not getting promoted would be a failure, but what I actually meant by that was..."

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Will it be today then? on 09:44 - Mar 2 with 6887 viewsr2d2

It must be now, or at the very least after our defeat to Fleetwood. Any later and it is way too late. I have this horrible feeling Lambert will start next season. We can forget promotion then as well if that's the case, as Evans wont pull the trigger before October /November. By then we will have drifted way off the pace.
"We've been up there all season.... on 09:45 - Mar 2 with 6894 viewsBloots

It's too late now..... on 09:41 - Mar 2 by footers

"I know I said not getting promoted would be a failure, but what I actually meant by that was..."

....which is amazing given where we finished last season. You've got to remember the squad is full of kids and it's tough for kids to bounce back from that. They all deserve loads of credit."

"We were hit by injuries at vital times during the season which swung it against us"

"The fans have been incredible and appreciate what we have achieved this year, and I used to play for Dortmund"

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Will it be today then? on 09:47 - Mar 2 with 6871 viewslondontractorboy57

The managerial merry go round what about the players ?
The manager doesn't make them miss open goals time after time or make mistakes like Garbutt did Saturday.
If we lose both games this week clear out all the deadwood and let's start with the youth and build a team it might take two seasons it will be worth it in the end.
Will it be today then? on 09:49 - Mar 2 with 6847 viewsBluefish

Will it be today then? on 09:47 - Mar 2 by londontractorboy57

The manager doesn't make them miss open goals time after time or make mistakes like Garbutt did Saturday.
If we lose both games this week clear out all the deadwood and let's start with the youth and build a team it might take two seasons it will be worth it in the end.

I refuse to believe anyone taking the "not the manager, what about the players stance" has ever really followed the game. Definite half and half scarf people

Will it be today then? on 09:50 - Mar 2 with 6842 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

He will still be here next season, can't see too many candidates replacements for next season regardless.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Will it be today then? on 09:51 - Mar 2 with 6828 viewsr2d2

You cant go with all youth. You need some senior players to help out. Trouble is, our senior players are cr@p.
Will it be today then? on 09:57 - Mar 2 with 6777 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

"The manager doesn't make them miss open goals time after time or make mistakes like Garbutt did Saturday."

This can't be stressed enough. There have been too many occasions this year the players have let the fans and the manager down with individual mistakes.

Will it be today then? on 10:05 - Mar 2 with 6754 viewsLeaky

Will it be today then? on 09:49 - Mar 2 by Bluefish

I refuse to believe anyone taking the "not the manager, what about the players stance" has ever really followed the game. Definite half and half scarf people

I think the players are to a certain degree are at fault. Who coaches the players
Will it be today then? on 10:09 - Mar 2 with 6712 viewsBluefish

Will it be today then? on 10:05 - Mar 2 by Leaky

I think the players are to a certain degree are at fault. Who coaches the players

Football doesn't work like that

Will it be today then? on 10:10 - Mar 2 with 6709 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Will it be today then? on 09:49 - Mar 2 by Bluefish

That doesn't really make sense. It's not as simple as; 'things are bad, must be the manager'.

It has been a cocktail of errors this season, but it can't all be laid at the doorstep of Lambert.

Will it be today then? on 10:18 - Mar 2 with 6666 viewsBluefish

Will it be today then? on 10:10 - Mar 2 by TheTrueBlue1878

That doesn't really make sense. It's not as simple as; 'things are bad, must be the manager'.

It has been a cocktail of errors this season, but it can't all be laid at the doorstep of Lambert.

It can. If the players are poor he has the control to drop them or replace them with new. If they need coaching he does that, if it is tactics he does that. It all comes back to him.

Will it be today then? on 10:21 - Mar 2 with 6645 viewsitfcjoe

Will it be today then? on 10:18 - Mar 2 by Bluefish

It can. If the players are poor he has the control to drop them or replace them with new. If they need coaching he does that, if it is tactics he does that. It all comes back to him.

That's a bit OTT, he can only replace with what he has.

He's done a poor job, and deserves to go (as ultimately is the easiest fall guy anyway) but no need to go so OTT

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Will it be today then? on 10:23 - Mar 2 with 6623 viewsBluefish

Will it be today then? on 10:21 - Mar 2 by itfcjoe

That's a bit OTT, he can only replace with what he has.

He's done a poor job, and deserves to go (as ultimately is the easiest fall guy anyway) but no need to go so OTT

He's had 3 windows if the squad aren't good enough to have the right players available. He also has a big squad for the league and an excellent youth system. He has the tools he just can't get them working. There are no excuses at all.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024