Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do we release Skuse and Chambers this summer? (n/t) 10:23 - Mar 2 with 7672 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Do we release Skuse and Chambers this summer? (n/t) on 10:25 - Mar 2 with 3995 viewsBluefish

If we want to make the squad weaker to appease some numbskulls

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Do we release Skuse and Chambers this summer? (n/t) on 10:28 - Mar 2 with 3986 viewsitfcjoe

Skuse isn't in the team at the moment and is out of contract so has to be 50:50 at the moment

Chambers has another year of contract left and starts every week so no.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Do we release Skuse and Chambers this summer? (n/t) on 10:31 - Mar 2 with 3966 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Do we release Skuse and Chambers this summer? (n/t) on 10:28 - Mar 2 by itfcjoe

Skuse isn't in the team at the moment and is out of contract so has to be 50:50 at the moment

Chambers has another year of contract left and starts every week so no.

I think both have been good servants but are on the decline.

I think it's time to move on and to allow others to step forward.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Do we release Skuse and Chambers this summer? (n/t) on 10:34 - Mar 2 with 3964 viewsDanTheMan

What is with everyone's obsession with Skuse and Chambers?

Skuse is barely playing, but could see him being either kept around as cheap backup or a coach.

Chambers plays because he's better than the other centre-backs we have. If we were to buy better centrebacks, he probably wouldn't play or would play less. As far as I'm aware, we haven't got another Woolfenden waiting in the wings who Chambers is stopping from playing.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Do we release Skuse and Chambers this summer? (n/t) on 10:34 - Mar 2 with 3944 viewsr2d2

Got to move on at some point. Get a new centre half in. If, and its a big if, Downes stays then we have the replacement for Skuse.
Do we release Skuse and Chambers this summer? (n/t) on 10:35 - Mar 2 with 3946 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Would allow Skuse, not playing really at the moment, have a fairly large amount of central midfielders so would probably say yes.

Chambers is playing every week, still leads the team and when you look at the options he's in the team on merit.

I actually think he's had a good season this year, except Sunderland at home, but everyone makes mistakes. Has another year on his contract so would certainly see that out.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Do we release Skuse and Chambers this summer? (n/t) on 10:36 - Mar 2 with 3941 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Do we release Skuse and Chambers this summer? (n/t) on 10:34 - Mar 2 by DanTheMan

Skuse is barely playing, but could see him being either kept around as cheap backup or a coach.

Chambers plays because he's better than the other centre-backs we have. If we were to buy better centrebacks, he probably wouldn't play or would play less. As far as I'm aware, we haven't got another Woolfenden waiting in the wings who Chambers is stopping from playing.

I think this is probably the first post I have done on these two.

I think it's a bona fide question, they will be 34 and 35 next season, and have both been mainstays in the poorest period in our entire history.

Maybe we need to refresh the dressing room.

Do we release Skuse and Chambers this summer? (n/t) on 10:38 - Mar 2 with 3923 viewsitfcjoe

Do we release Skuse and Chambers this summer? (n/t) on 10:31 - Mar 2 by Marshalls_Mullet

I think both have been good servants but are on the decline.

I think it's time to move on and to allow others to step forward.

Others need to step forward and claim their shirts, things aren't given in this game

Login to get fewer ads

Do we release Skuse and Chambers this summer? (n/t) on 10:38 - Mar 2 with 3918 viewsDanTheMan

Do we release Skuse and Chambers this summer? (n/t) on 10:36 - Mar 2 by Marshalls_Mullet

I think it's a bona fide question, they will be 34 and 35 next season, and have both been mainstays in the poorest period in our entire history.

Apologies, was not directly aimed at you, but Skuse and Chambers have been criticised far harsher than the other players despite not playing any worse.

And I'd also point out Skuse and Chambers were mainstays during the only decent period we've had recently as well.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Do we release Skuse and Chambers this summer? (n/t) on 10:38 - Mar 2 with 3913 viewsFenland_Blue

Wouldn't give Skuse another playing contract, Huws and Downes are doing his job at the minute and McGavin looks like the future replacement.

But no doubt our glorious leader will sell Downes this summer, so we might not have a choice and have to give Skuse another 2 year deal.

But if what people say and they are so powerful behind the scenes, wouldn't it be a bad idea to move them over to the coaching staff?
[Post edited 2 Mar 2020 10:43]

Up and mainly down, following Town since 88

Do we release Skuse and Chambers this summer? (n/t) on 10:39 - Mar 2 with 3912 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Do we release Skuse and Chambers this summer? (n/t) on 10:35 - Mar 2 by TheTrueBlue1878

Would allow Skuse, not playing really at the moment, have a fairly large amount of central midfielders so would probably say yes.

Chambers is playing every week, still leads the team and when you look at the options he's in the team on merit.

I actually think he's had a good season this year, except Sunderland at home, but everyone makes mistakes. Has another year on his contract so would certainly see that out.

We say Chambers leads the team, but does that make him a good leader?

We keep saying we are weak on the pitch, and Chamber's captaincy has been the worst period in our history.

I'm not saying that it's his fault, but I'm also not sure it makes him a good leader.

Do we release Skuse and Chambers this summer? (n/t) on 10:39 - Mar 2 with 3914 viewsRadlett_blue

Do we release Skuse and Chambers this summer? (n/t) on 10:34 - Mar 2 by DanTheMan

As has been said, Chambers has a year left on his contract and he's also a better player than Wilson (and Nsiala) so unless we are going to find a better centre back he's going to play.
We clearly won't trigger Skuse's expensive extension. I would be against offering him another year unless the limit of our ambition is to remain in this division and I also don't get the clamour for immediate past decent players "on in some capacity".

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Do we release Skuse and Chambers this summer? (n/t) on 10:39 - Mar 2 with 3899 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Do we release Skuse and Chambers this summer? (n/t) on 10:38 - Mar 2 by DanTheMan

Apologies, was not directly aimed at you, but Skuse and Chambers have been criticised far harsher than the other players despite not playing any worse.

And I'd also point out Skuse and Chambers were mainstays during the only decent period we've had recently as well.

Fair point, but that is a distant memory now.

Do we release Skuse and Chambers this summer? (n/t) on 10:41 - Mar 2 with 3877 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Do we release Skuse and Chambers this summer? (n/t) on 10:38 - Mar 2 by itfcjoe

Others need to step forward and claim their shirts, things aren't given in this game

Swings and round abouts.

If Chambers left that would free up funds for a replacement who could claim his shirt.

Do we release Skuse and Chambers this summer? (n/t) on 10:42 - Mar 2 with 3867 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Do we release Skuse and Chambers this summer? (n/t) on 10:39 - Mar 2 by Radlett_blue

As has been said, Chambers has a year left on his contract and he's also a better player than Wilson (and Nsiala) so unless we are going to find a better centre back he's going to play.
We clearly won't trigger Skuse's expensive extension. I would be against offering him another year unless the limit of our ambition is to remain in this division and I also don't get the clamour for immediate past decent players "on in some capacity".

If Skuse remains here next year, and we trigger Dozzell's extension which we will, he is only going to block a crowed pathway for the likes of Dozzell (or McGavin) into the team anyway.

Has been a good servant, but can't go on forever.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Do we release Skuse and Chambers this summer? (n/t) on 10:42 - Mar 2 with 3864 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Do we release Skuse and Chambers this summer? (n/t) on 10:36 - Mar 2 by Marshalls_Mullet

Downes, Jackson, Nolan and Edwards have also been mainstays during the poorest period in our history, just singling our Chambers and Skuse doesn’t make sense. At least those two were also mainstays when we were half decent - which rather suggests it is the dismantling of the team around them that has been the problem

That said I agree it is time to move on from Skuse, but I’m struggling to see any case for Chambers, particularly as chances are that Woolfenden will be on his way

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Do we release Skuse and Chambers this summer? (n/t) on 10:43 - Mar 2 with 3853 viewsitfcjoe

Do we release Skuse and Chambers this summer? (n/t) on 10:41 - Mar 2 by Marshalls_Mullet

Swings and round abouts.

If Chambers left that would free up funds for a replacement who could claim his shirt.

But of those contracted for next season - Woolfie, Nsiala, Wilson and Chambers then there are 2 other players in that I'd much prefer to see go to free up funds, and one who likely will go.

Do we release Skuse and Chambers this summer? (n/t) on 10:44 - Mar 2 with 3836 views26_Paz

Time to thank them for their service and move them on.
Club needs a fundamental over haul, these two are part of the old guard and whether its their fault or not fresh attitudes approaches and ideas are what is needed. Time to move on.

The Paz Man

Do we release Skuse and Chambers this summer? (n/t) on 10:45 - Mar 2 with 3834 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Do we release Skuse and Chambers this summer? (n/t) on 10:41 - Mar 2 by Marshalls_Mullet

Swings and round abouts.

It wouldn’t though, we’d just sign another Wilson equivalent (or at best a CB-equivalent of a Holy/Norwood, which could work out but equally could easily be a downgrade)

Do we release Skuse and Chambers this summer? (n/t) on 10:47 - Mar 2 with 3812 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Do we release Skuse and Chambers this summer? (n/t) on 10:42 - Mar 2 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Downes, Jackson, Nolan and Edwards have also been mainstays during the poorest period in our history, just singling our Chambers and Skuse doesn’t make sense. At least those two were also mainstays when we were half decent - which rather suggests it is the dismantling of the team around them that has been the problem

That said I agree it is time to move on from Skuse, but I’m struggling to see any case for Chambers, particularly as chances are that Woolfenden will be on his way

You haven't seen anyone questioning Jackson, Nolan and Edwards?

Did you enjoy your holiday?

Do we release Skuse and Chambers this summer? (n/t) on 10:48 - Mar 2 with 3801 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Do we release Skuse and Chambers this summer? (n/t) on 10:43 - Mar 2 by itfcjoe

But of those contracted for next season - Woolfie, Nsiala, Wilson and Chambers then there are 2 other players in that I'd much prefer to see go to free up funds, and one who likely will go.

I wasn't suggesting we don't make new signings, purely questioning whether it's time for a change.

Do we release Skuse and Chambers this summer? (n/t) on 10:50 - Mar 2 with 3785 viewsMetal_Hacker

Definition of insanity....

Yep time to go I'm afraid

Poll: If it were one or the other

Do we release Skuse and Chambers this summer? (n/t) on 10:51 - Mar 2 with 3781 viewsParky

I'd have them as manager and assistant manager with an experienced football man watching down as DOF.
Do we release Skuse and Chambers this summer? (n/t) on 11:00 - Mar 2 with 3754 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Do we release Skuse and Chambers this summer? (n/t) on 10:47 - Mar 2 by Marshalls_Mullet

You haven't seen anyone questioning Jackson, Nolan and Edwards?

Did you enjoy your holiday?

My post was in response to yours singling out Skuse and Chambers, nothing to do with what others have opined

Do we release Skuse and Chambers this summer? (n/t) on 11:08 - Mar 2 with 3705 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Do we release Skuse and Chambers this summer? (n/t) on 11:00 - Mar 2 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

My post was in response to yours singling out Skuse and Chambers, nothing to do with what others have opined

We are allowed to discuss separate players in separate posts.

However, to appease you;

Do we release everyone this summer?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024