Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Emyr Huws, 12:10 - Mar 2 with 4192 viewsJackPITFC

What is the general consensus on him?

Hasn't hit the heights before his injury, play's it very safe, backwards and sideways and doesn't impose himself enough on the game for my liking.

He must be on a very decent wage also, shame but do we look at getting rid of him in the summer?
Emyr Huws, on 12:11 - Mar 2 with 4156 viewsBluefish

One of Mick's men innit

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Dull, slow, unadventurous.... on 12:13 - Mar 2 with 4163 viewsBloots

....doesn't take responsibility, lacks physical strength, loves passing it to the centre backs.

Bin him.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Dull, slow, unadventurous.... on 12:15 - Mar 2 with 4129 viewsJackPITFC

Dull, slow, unadventurous.... on 12:13 - Mar 2 by Bloots

....doesn't take responsibility, lacks physical strength, loves passing it to the centre backs.

Bin him.

For a guy of his Size, just doesn't use his body and height well enough, not sure why so much love for him still.
Emyr Huws, on 12:18 - Mar 2 with 4098 viewsDarth_Koont

I'd like to keep him. His potential is way too high and he's also a decent performer even when he's not hitting those heights.

Why he's not often hit the heights, I don't know. Whether that's getting over the injury physically and mentally or if he's still not really feeling his role ... maybe a combination. Ultimately we want him breaking forward into and around the box but that's been surprisingly reduced for someone who looks so good at it.

Also if Downes goes then we'll definitely need his strength, calmness and ability in the centre of midfield.

Pronouns: He/Him

Emyr Huws, on 12:18 - Mar 2 with 4094 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Still think it is too early to be judging him yet, was out for an incredibly long time, hasn't really played on a consistent basis.

A good footballer no doubt, looks as though he may lack a little confidence at the moment, seems to be taking the safe option time after time, we have enough of that type already.

Keep him, still has a lot more to offer.
[Post edited 2 Mar 2020 12:19]

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Emyr Huws, on 12:20 - Mar 2 with 4059 viewsJackPITFC

Emyr Huws, on 12:18 - Mar 2 by Darth_Koont

I'd like to keep him. His potential is way too high and he's also a decent performer even when he's not hitting those heights.

Why he's not often hit the heights, I don't know. Whether that's getting over the injury physically and mentally or if he's still not really feeling his role ... maybe a combination. Ultimately we want him breaking forward into and around the box but that's been surprisingly reduced for someone who looks so good at it.

Also if Downes goes then we'll definitely need his strength, calmness and ability in the centre of midfield.

Good point in regards to the bursting in and around the box? is the role he is currently playing for us restricting him? or is PL holding him back?
Emyr Huws, on 12:32 - Mar 2 with 3992 viewsDarth_Koont

Emyr Huws, on 12:20 - Mar 2 by JackPITFC

Good point in regards to the bursting in and around the box? is the role he is currently playing for us restricting him? or is PL holding him back?

Not sure really. I think with him and Downes they should be able to share that but seems to be Flynn who gets forward more often. Or then it just falls between two stools and neither does it.

I think when he first joined he had Skuse and even Connolly sometimes as defensive midfielders so pretty obvious for him to get forward.

Putting him and Downes together as a conventional CM pairing probably doesn't give him that licence. In fact Lambert has given that licence to Nolan and Judge because Huws is presumably needed further back.

Pronouns: He/Him

Emyr Huws, on 12:33 - Mar 2 with 3989 viewsThe_Realist_09

I'd prioritise getting some sort of fee for Alan Judge before letting Huws go.
Login to get fewer ads

Emyr Huws, on 12:36 - Mar 2 with 3964 viewsRadlett_blue

Emyr Huws, on 12:33 - Mar 2 by The_Realist_09

I'd prioritise getting some sort of fee for Alan Judge before letting Huws go.

with the benefit of hindsight, we should have sold Judge to QPR but most of us expected him to be our key playmaker in the 3rd division. Sadly, it hasn't worked out like that and I doubt we could now get any sort of fee for him.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Emyr Huws, on 12:37 - Mar 2 with 3949 viewsColchesterBlue1985

One of many who have underachieved or failed to reach their potential this season
Emyr Huws, on 12:38 - Mar 2 with 3941 viewsStenvict

Constantly drops his shoulder when in possession for no reason and is very hesitant on the ball and obviously only ends up passing sideways or backwards especially when on his right foot. Very disappointing as I was expecting big things from him this season.

Poll: What will be announced first?

Emyr Huws, on 12:41 - Mar 2 with 3912 viewsDoctor_Earman

IMO he's a classic box to box midfielder. Remember him getting up and down the pitch loads during his initial loan spell here. Got into same dangerous positions and scored a few e.g. against Villa and Newcastle.

Since his long injury lay-offs he's not been the same. Either PL isn't coaching him correctly or playing him in his correct position/role, or he's just lost it (possibly playing within himself due to fear or injury recurrence maybe?).

He needs to rediscover that quality or should be shipped out imo. On a fairly decent wack and could probably get a fee for him.
Emyr Huws, on 12:45 - Mar 2 with 3884 viewsHerbivore

He was looking good in his run in the side prior to the Rotherham game, where he was poor and picked up a knock. He's not hit the pre injury heights but with a run of games I doubt there's many better CMs than him at this level. I think he's worth sticking with.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Dull, slow, unadventurous.... on 12:45 - Mar 2 with 3879 viewsurbanblue

Bin him.

You just described most of our team then!
Emyr Huws, on 18:06 - Mar 2 with 3617 viewsTerry_Nutkins

One of our best players playing first season after two years out. Must keep.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Emyr Huws, on 18:16 - Mar 2 with 3580 viewsBLUEBEAT

No doubt off to a massive Championship team like Charlton, Barnsley or Wigan come season close.

On a free, probably.

Poll: W or W

Dull, slow, unadventurous.... on 18:42 - Mar 2 with 3527 viewstextbackup

Bin him.

Didn’t Downes describe him as a beast?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Emyr Huws, on 23:32 - Mar 2 with 3245 viewsEly_Blue

Emyr Huws, on 12:45 - Mar 2 by Herbivore

He was looking good in his run in the side prior to the Rotherham game, where he was poor and picked up a knock. He's not hit the pre injury heights but with a run of games I doubt there's many better CMs than him at this level. I think he's worth sticking with.

This exactly, the team that played from the Wycombe game onwards to the Rotherham game we’re looking goo, then we got out muscled by them again and he missed a few games, that’s where our luck changed again

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Emyr Huws, on 23:36 - Mar 2 with 3233 viewsclive_baker

A million miles from the player he was pre injury. Slow, cumbersome, doesn’t create, gives possession away cheaply on too many occasions. It was always going to be an ask after 2 years out, but he just looks so leggy and immobile. We’re a better side without him, sadly. We need legs in there, busy legs. Huws is dining out on his past reputation but the reality is Nolan should be ahead of him.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Emyr Huws, on 23:42 - Mar 2 with 3221 viewsSwansea_Blue

Huge prospect and a very exciting player when he was younger; absolutely streets ahead of the levels of Dozzell or Flynn at the same stage in their careers. Yet here he is, being bang average in L1.

There's a lesson in there around how we view our own youngsters.

It happens. And it happens more than it doesn't. The leagues and job centres are full of players who don't reach their potential. Some regroup and are lucky enough to get a second chance (e.g. Jon Walters) but many just leave the game or settle for an easier life in lower leagues/non league.

Its a shame with Emyr, but it's probably a bit of a pipe dream to hope he'll ever hit his previous level. If there was any chnace of that he wouldn't be with us now.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Emyr Huws, on 08:30 - Mar 3 with 2996 viewsTractorJack

If we were to play 4-3-3 ever I'd drop him back to 6 because he seems to have lost any sharpness that allowed him to break forward.
Emyr Huws, on 08:34 - Mar 3 with 2988 viewsGlasgowBlue

The whole season is pretty much pre season for him. I expect far more next year.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Emyr Huws, on 08:52 - Mar 3 with 2954 viewsHerbivore

Emyr Huws, on 08:34 - Mar 3 by GlasgowBlue

The whole season is pretty much pre season for him. I expect far more next year.

Agree with this. It was three years ago that we took him on loan and he looked the goods. He barely kicked a ball gor two years so it's hardly a surprise that he hasn't looked back to his best this season. That said, people have short memories. He was starting to play well prior to the Rotherham game, he bossed the midfield against Accrington and got a nice assist for Norwood. He was good at Wycombe and Oxford too and played a big part in us largely winning the contest in the middle of the park. Not back to his best but playing well for sure. I think we also need to bear in mind that his best football here came in a three with Skuse playing the deeper role. That gave him more licence to burst forward and get in the box. Now he's being asked mainly to sit deeper in a two so Judge can piss about ineffectually higher up the pitch.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024