Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Director of Football 12:16 - Mar 2 with 1238 viewsBeckets

Seems to be plenty of support for this as a role. Could Bryan Klug not assume this role and leave O'Neill to do the non football side?
Director of Football on 12:19 - Mar 2 with 1217 viewsGuthrum

Firstly, does Klug want the role? Secondly, would he be any good at it?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Director of Football on 12:20 - Mar 2 with 1201 viewsDanTheMan

We should leave Klug where is he. He is very good at what he does and is way more valuable there than anyone else we're ever likely to get.

We technically have Bowman as DoF.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Director of Football on 12:21 - Mar 2 with 1200 viewsIllinoisblue

Worked well for Burley when he brought in Hamilton and Houston. Different times though and can’t see Lambert wanting a DOF at the club.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Director of Football on 12:21 - Mar 2 with 1192 viewsSwansea_Blue

Thirdly, we already have that position filled by Dave Bowman.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Director of Football on 12:24 - Mar 2 with 1176 viewsDeano69

What is the Job Description?

There seems to be little or no strategy for on or off the field activity. Has anyone worked out the hierarchy in place or who has what responsibility? All a bit confusing...

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Director of Football on 12:27 - Mar 2 with 1158 viewsitfcjoe

Lee O'Neill basically does this role as it is, Klug wouldn't want it

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Director of Football on 12:32 - Mar 2 with 1135 viewsRadlett_blue

Director of Football on 12:21 - Mar 2 by Swansea_Blue

Thirdly, we already have that position filled by Dave Bowman.

Bowman is really Chief Scout but when Mick brought him in, we already had a chief scout so he was given a wrong title. He's worked well with Mick for years and was given permission to take on a part-time position with Ireland while continuing his duties with Town.
It's impossible for us to tell if he's worked well with Lambert, but if Mick thinks he's a good judge of a player, I would agree that he probably is.
[Post edited 2 Mar 2020 17:31]

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Director of Football on 12:35 - Mar 2 with 1121 viewsHullblue

Director of Football on 12:27 - Mar 2 by itfcjoe

Lee O'Neill basically does this role as it is, Klug wouldn't want it

I’ve been wondering about Lee O’Neill’s role - it seems like his remit is wider than a traditional DoF. Seen him talking about ticket prices and fan engagement and stuff, when you’d hope he’d be focussing on style of play and recruitment. That plus PL’s constantly wavering commitment to possession football makes me wonder if we’ve committed to a philosophy in any practical way.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

Login to get fewer ads

Director of Football on 12:37 - Mar 2 with 1109 viewsPlums

Director of Football on 12:35 - Mar 2 by Hullblue

I’ve been wondering about Lee O’Neill’s role - it seems like his remit is wider than a traditional DoF. Seen him talking about ticket prices and fan engagement and stuff, when you’d hope he’d be focussing on style of play and recruitment. That plus PL’s constantly wavering commitment to possession football makes me wonder if we’ve committed to a philosophy in any practical way.

He’s effectively MD isn’t he?
We should have offered someone like Martin Jol a proper DoF role years ago.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Director of Football on 12:38 - Mar 2 with 1095 viewsRadlett_blue

I'm guessing that O'Neill's role involves overseeing the football structure of the club, but not sure he has much input into how the first team plays or player recruitment, beyond doing the negotiations once PL has decided which players he wants. I guess he didn't have to do much in our preposterous idea of bringing in Connor Wickham.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Director of Football on 12:40 - Mar 2 with 1081 viewsBrianTablet

How about appointing a Director of Sh*t Football?

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Director of Football on 13:00 - Mar 2 with 1020 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Director of Football on 12:38 - Mar 2 by Radlett_blue

I'm guessing that O'Neill's role involves overseeing the football structure of the club, but not sure he has much input into how the first team plays or player recruitment, beyond doing the negotiations once PL has decided which players he wants. I guess he didn't have to do much in our preposterous idea of bringing in Connor Wickham.

Significantly involved in player recruitment. Massive part of his job.
Director of Football on 13:00 - Mar 2 with 1015 viewsIllinoisblue

The fact nobody is really sure what his role is tells its own story

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024