Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A goode replacement for Luke Woolfenden 13:55 - Mar 2 with 3546 viewsMaySixth

would be Charlie Goode of Northampton

24 yr old centre back and the highest rated player in League 2 with 9 man-of-the match awards this season

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

A goode replacement for Luke Woolfenden on 13:57 - Mar 2 with 3528 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Hahaha

No way he is coming to us then

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

A goode replacement for Luke Woolfenden on 13:59 - Mar 2 with 3522 viewsSuperfrans

Yes. I saw him recently at Northampton and he was their stand-out player - along with some fella in midfield called Paul Anderson...

Also, of course, we have a link - Chambo is from Northampton and started his career there.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

A goode replacement for Luke Woolfenden on 14:13 - Mar 2 with 3459 viewsrickw

6"5 too so should help deal with the aerial bombardment you get from some teams in L1

I don't know much about him other than what's already been mentioned, but you'd hope he's one our scouts have at least taken a look at

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

A goode replacement for Luke Woolfenden on 14:19 - Mar 2 with 3430 viewsSuperfrans

A goode replacement for Luke Woolfenden on 14:13 - Mar 2 by rickw

6"5 too so should help deal with the aerial bombardment you get from some teams in L1

I don't know much about him other than what's already been mentioned, but you'd hope he's one our scouts have at least taken a look at

You'd certainly hope so. It's much easier for us to sign a player from that part of the world than, say, the north west, north east of south west, because of the distance. It's relatively close to our part of the world.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

A goode replacement for Luke Woolfenden on 14:37 - Mar 2 with 3379 viewsMaySixth

A goode replacement for Luke Woolfenden on 14:19 - Mar 2 by Superfrans

You'd certainly hope so. It's much easier for us to sign a player from that part of the world than, say, the north west, north east of south west, because of the distance. It's relatively close to our part of the world.

I know him personally as he grew up not far from me and shared a pint through a mutual friend when he played for Hadley.

His rise since then has been meteoric and pretty unexpected.

As we know, a big gap from League 2 to League 1 but he is at least someone we can afford.

A goode replacement for Luke Woolfenden on 14:47 - Mar 2 with 3341 viewshomer_123

A goode replacement for Luke Woolfenden on 14:37 - Mar 2 by MaySixth

I know him personally as he grew up not far from me and shared a pint through a mutual friend when he played for Hadley.

As we know, a big gap from League 2 to League 1 but he is at least someone we can afford.

Can we get him on a free then?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

A goode replacement for Luke Woolfenden on 14:51 - Mar 2 with 3340 viewsMaySixth

A goode replacement for Luke Woolfenden on 14:37 - Mar 2 by MaySixth

If we are to lose our best three players in Garbutt, Downes and Woolfenden this summer then we should be thinking ahead already

Harry Pickering from Crewe is a young left back/wing back who has excellent starts and been consistent all season

Charlie Goode would be a half decent Woolfy replacement albeit a step up although he has played nearly 70 times in League One for Scunthorpe.

The Downes replacement is harder to find but surely it's time for Dozzell alongside Huws/Nolan.

We might be wanting to look at a more solid central defensive midfielder and on that basis a player worth looking at is Ryan Whintle at Crewe. He is 22 and a regular for Crewe this season who also has goals (3) and assists (4) to his name.

A goode replacement for Luke Woolfenden on 14:52 - Mar 2 with 3337 viewsMaySixth

A goode replacement for Luke Woolfenden on 14:47 - Mar 2 by homer_123

Can we get him on a free then?

Can pass on a good word but he is contracted until June 2022

Login to get fewer ads

A goode replacement for Luke Woolfenden on 15:11 - Mar 2 with 3304 viewsSwansea_Blue

A goode replacement for Luke Woolfenden on 14:13 - Mar 2 by rickw

Scouts you say?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

A goode replacement for Luke Woolfenden on 15:23 - Mar 2 with 3282 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

It is the kind of market we should be looking at.

But we know that he will just slip through the net.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

A goode replacement for Luke Woolfenden on 15:56 - Mar 2 with 3227 viewsMetal_Hacker

After all the issues we've had over recent years and where we find ourselves this sorry season , I'd love nothing more than creating a squad in this manner . Cherry picking those young ones ( ours included ) playing expansive attractive football throughout all age levels within ITFC

Creating a style of play and player than other clubs invest in so we are self sufficient. The monies are then re-invested to an extent unlike ever before which ultimately helps us get back to where we belong and that place perhaps being the Championship

I'm not fussed about Premier League dreams to be fair

I'd accept another season perhaps two seasons in League 1 to get this right once and for all

Poll: If it were one or the other

A goode replacement for Luke Woolfenden on 16:50 - Mar 2 with 3169 viewsstrikalite

A goode replacement for Luke Woolfenden on 15:23 - Mar 2 by TheTrueBlue1878

It is the kind of market we should be looking at.

But we know that he will just slip through the net.

Other Clubs always have their nets in place whilst we are still looking to find ours..
A goode replacement for Luke Woolfenden on 20:33 - Mar 2 with 3068 viewsMaySixth

A goode replacement for Luke Woolfenden on 15:56 - Mar 2 by Metal_Hacker

After all the issues we've had over recent years and where we find ourselves this sorry season , I'd love nothing more than creating a squad in this manner . Cherry picking those young ones ( ours included ) playing expansive attractive football throughout all age levels within ITFC

Creating a style of play and player than other clubs invest in so we are self sufficient. The monies are then re-invested to an extent unlike ever before which ultimately helps us get back to where we belong and that place perhaps being the Championship

I'd accept another season perhaps two seasons in League 1 to get this right once and for all

I might offer my services

A goode replacement for Luke Woolfenden on 21:18 - Mar 2 with 3011 viewsNthsuffolkblue

What we really desperately need is a vocal organiser at the back there. Chambers isn't it. One who can play alongside Chambers or a younger player but who will really lead the team and organise the defence on the pitch. Chambers has failed to do both things effectively for far too long now.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

A goode replacement for Luke Woolfenden on 21:32 - Mar 2 with 2978 viewsNthsuffolkblue

A goode replacement for Luke Woolfenden on 15:56 - Mar 2 by Metal_Hacker

This apart from when it is right, it should carry a club far. Southampton modelled this and several have too.

The team has been missing for far too long. The identity that allows all players throughout the club to know what they are doing has been missing for far too long.

Wimbledon did it in a different way to playing football but it would be really good to do in an attractive style. It would be fun to be competitive at any level if the football was attractive to watch too.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

A goode replacement for Luke Woolfenden on 21:40 - Mar 2 with 2958 viewsMaySixth

A goode replacement for Luke Woolfenden on 21:32 - Mar 2 by Nthsuffolkblue

This apart from when it is right, it should carry a club far. Southampton modelled this and several have too.

The team has been missing for far too long. The identity that allows all players throughout the club to know what they are doing has been missing for far too long.

Wimbledon did it in a different way to playing football but it would be really good to do in an attractive style. It would be fun to be competitive at any level if the football was attractive to watch too.

FInding decent stat-based prospects on any free to use website is not difficult.

You hope the club must have this as a minimum with a layer of technology to take it a step forward.

A goode replacement for Luke Woolfenden on 21:54 - Mar 2 with 2932 viewstractordownsouth

A goode replacement for Luke Woolfenden on 14:51 - Mar 2 by MaySixth

If we are to lose our best three players in Garbutt, Downes and Woolfenden this summer then we should be thinking ahead already

Harry Pickering from Crewe is a young left back/wing back who has excellent starts and been consistent all season

Charlie Goode would be a half decent Woolfy replacement albeit a step up although he has played nearly 70 times in League One for Scunthorpe.

The Downes replacement is harder to find but surely it's time for Dozzell alongside Huws/Nolan.

We might be wanting to look at a more solid central defensive midfielder and on that basis a player worth looking at is Ryan Whintle at Crewe. He is 22 and a regular for Crewe this season who also has goals (3) and assists (4) to his name.

I believe Scott Fraser from Burton is on a free, although he may have better options

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

A goode replacement for Luke Woolfenden on 15:38 - Oct 31 with 2202 viewsMaySixth

A goode replacement for Luke Woolfenden on 14:51 - Mar 2 by MaySixth

I was talking about Pickering back in March,

He has got even better

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024