Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It's not the miss that angers me... 17:56 - Mar 2 with 3176 viewsChris_ITFC

It's the 15 seconds after that. Sears couldn't find the effort, application or desire to prevent the GK taking his kick. It wouldn't have taken a lot, but that's the biggest problem here.

Yes, it was a lack of quality that cost us a draw. But it was a lack of those qualities above that resulted in us losing it.
It's not the miss that angers me... on 01:52 - Mar 3 with 2897 viewsArnieM

Perish the thought that Sears’ legs had probably Just run out of steam in injury time of his first game back in The side after 14 months out! Oh, I know, Let’s blame him shall we !! You prat.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2020 1:53]

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

It's not the miss that angers me... on 03:54 - Mar 3 with 2862 viewstextbackup

It's not the miss that angers me... on 01:52 - Mar 3 by ArnieM

Perish the thought that Sears’ legs had probably Just run out of steam in injury time of his first game back in The side after 14 months out! Oh, I know, Let’s blame him shall we !! You prat.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2020 1:53]

you mean Freddie, who by his own admission, said he is fit and ready to play every min of every game?
if he isn't alert and fit to chase down and defend from the front, then he isn't as ready as he suggests?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

It's not the miss that angers me... on 06:38 - Mar 3 with 2751 viewsSwailsey

Deary me mate.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

It's not the miss that angers me... on 07:08 - Mar 3 with 2694 viewshampstead_blue

Sears has never been a great finisher, hence his remaining at our club for so long.

I'm not surprised he missed. I do think he is wasted out wide. Alongside Keane could be his best chance at scoring a few.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

It's not the miss that angers me... on 07:16 - Mar 3 with 2672 viewsIPS_wich

It's not the miss that angers me... on 07:08 - Mar 3 by hampstead_blue

Sears has never been a great finisher, hence his remaining at our club for so long.

I'm not surprised he missed. I do think he is wasted out wide. Alongside Keane could be his best chance at scoring a few.

Yes he scored, but he also put our two other best chances too close to the keeper.

Which is probably the typical ratio for him - but at least he was in those positions, how many games have we failed to create any chance of note?
It's not the miss that angers me... on 07:33 - Mar 3 with 2623 viewsSteve_M

The biggest problem? Not the defending then - Garbutt, Earl, Holy all poor for that goal.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

It's not the miss that angers me... on 07:58 - Mar 3 with 2561 viewsCheltenham_Blue

It's not the miss that angers me... on 03:54 - Mar 3 by textbackup

you mean Freddie, who by his own admission, said he is fit and ready to play every min of every game?
if he isn't alert and fit to chase down and defend from the front, then he isn't as ready as he suggests?

So Freddie Sears? yeah? Not Garbutt or Earl for both failing to prevent a cross and not Chambers for letting Nuttall have a free header at the near post?

But Sears at the other end of the pitch, for failing to prevent a goal kick?

Right.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

It's not the miss that angers me... on 07:59 - Mar 3 with 2554 viewshampstead_blue

It's not the miss that angers me... on 07:16 - Mar 3 by IPS_wich

Yes he scored, but he also put our two other best chances too close to the keeper.

Which is probably the typical ratio for him - but at least he was in those positions, how many games have we failed to create any chance of note?

I think the problem is playing him wide and not alongside the likes of Keane.
We should have had Bish free behind Keane and Sears.
That would have torn them a new one.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Login to get fewer ads

It's not the miss that angers me... on 08:21 - Mar 3 with 2510 viewsBiGDonnie

We're sh&t!

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

It's not the miss that angers me... on 08:30 - Mar 3 with 2456 viewsGarv

That was such a weak finish. Dear oh dear.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

It's not the miss that angers me... on 08:51 - Mar 3 with 2411 views26_Paz

Poor old Freddie, first game in over a year and you're slating him for not chasing down and slowing an opposition Goalkeeper kicking it in injury time ... if you want to blame anyone for that blame the Striker who got a needless red card which meant we had force 90 mins out of the poor old boy!

The Paz Man

It's not the miss that angers me... on 10:45 - Mar 3 with 2280 viewsSomethingBlue

Worth pointing out here that, for not exactly the first time this season, it was Judge who found the bit of quality to unlock a defence in an goalless game in added time only to be let down by his striker.

Unfair about the closing-down though, Sears must have been out on his feet by then,

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

It's not the miss that angers me... on 10:51 - Mar 3 with 2263 viewsbazgammon

yeah cos Norwood and Billy Whizz Jackson have been so clinical. If Freddie stays fit and starts every game from now until the end of the season he will score 6-10 goals.

Poll: Lambert

It's not the miss that angers me... on 11:16 - Mar 3 with 2210 viewsSwansea_Blue

It's not only stopping the goal kick, Garbutt's attempt to clear the keeper's hoof was poor, and then 2 of them couldn't stop the cross coming in AND then their striker's completely unmarked in the 6 yard box. Awful goal to concede.

All 3 goals were really badly defended.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

It's not the miss that angers me... on 11:21 - Mar 3 with 2200 viewsHarry_Palmer

Incredibly harsh.
It's not the miss that angers me... on 11:30 - Mar 3 with 2177 viewsSouperJim

I think you need to lower your expectations, from where I'm sat he's the best finisher we've got on our books and if he can stay fit, is lethal at this level.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

It's not the miss that angers me... on 12:46 - Mar 3 with 2123 viewsSuperblue95

It's not the miss that angers me... on 10:51 - Mar 3 by bazgammon

yeah cos Norwood and Billy Whizz Jackson have been so clinical. If Freddie stays fit and starts every game from now until the end of the season he will score 6-10 goals.

Arf. He wouldn’t get 10 if he’d played every game this season

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

It's not the miss that angers me... on 15:11 - Mar 3 with 1995 viewsMillsey

The more I listen to that idiot getting excited for the other teams 😡😡😡😡😡😡
It's not the miss that angers me... on 17:52 - Mar 3 with 1913 viewscarlo88

God our commentator is incredibly irritating
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024