Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anybody think we are going to win tonight? 08:56 - Mar 3 with 3828 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

I just cannot see it. They are a decent team for this division, they have a goal scorer and two capable defenders. One of which is Lewis Gibson who we were linked with, who has apparently been class for them. Callum Connolly apparently playing ok for them as well.

Compared to our bunch of ragamuffins who cannot beat a half decent team for love nor money.

1-0 Fleetwood.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Anybody think we are going to win tonight? on 09:00 - Mar 3 with 3169 viewsJimmyJazz

Two defeats coming up this week

Earlier in the season we couldn't beat the top sides but managed draws. TWTD

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Anybody think we are going to win tonight? on 09:03 - Mar 3 with 3161 viewsHerbivore

I actually think we'll win tonight. Fleetwood are having a good season and they're on a good run but let's be real, like most sides at this level there's not much quality there. I think we'll win tonight to give the fans hope and then destroy it again by losing on Saturday.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Anybody think we are going to win tonight? on 09:06 - Mar 3 with 3151 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Anybody think we are going to win tonight? on 09:03 - Mar 3 by Herbivore

I actually think we'll win tonight. Fleetwood are having a good season and they're on a good run but let's be real, like most sides at this level there's not much quality there. I think we'll win tonight to give the fans hope and then destroy it again by losing on Saturday.

Oh 100%, in the grand scheme of football they are awful. But unfortunately so are we, but you are right, we aren't going to win on sat so it doesn't really matter.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Anybody think we are going to win tonight? on 09:06 - Mar 3 with 3152 viewsclive_baker

There was a thread on here earlier in the season about us having one player from another side in this league and I put Paddy Madden out there. He’s everything we’re not up front. It’ll be a job to keep him quiet tonight.

Fleetwood are in fine form, especially given their recent fixtures. They beat Peterborough and Pompey in the last 3 games and drew at Sunderland.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Anybody think we are going to win tonight? on 09:08 - Mar 3 with 3132 viewsHerbivore

Anybody think we are going to win tonight? on 09:06 - Mar 3 by TRUE_BLUE123

Oh 100%, in the grand scheme of football they are awful. But unfortunately so are we, but you are right, we aren't going to win on sat so it doesn't really matter.

Barton would swap most of his squad for most of ours in a heartbeat and would fancy himself to walk the league with them. Most of our squad is more than good enough, it's the manager's total failure to get a tune out of them that's the issue. That said, it occasionally clicks despite all that and I have a feeling that will happen tonight for some reason.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Anybody think we are going to win tonight? on 09:20 - Mar 3 with 3089 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

I do - but we’ll then get turned over by Coventry on Saturday and that really will be that as far as promotion goes

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Anybody think we are going to win tonight? on 09:27 - Mar 3 with 3072 viewsSomethingBlue

Expecting us to win, just about, but this is absolutely the last chance saloon now and there wouldn't be a lot to celebrate unless we backed it up with another result on Saturday.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2020 9:27]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Anybody think we are going to win tonight? on 09:37 - Mar 3 with 3004 viewsBlueBadger

Anybody think we are going to win tonight? on 09:08 - Mar 3 by Herbivore

Barton would swap most of his squad for most of ours in a heartbeat and would fancy himself to walk the league with them. Most of our squad is more than good enough, it's the manager's total failure to get a tune out of them that's the issue. That said, it occasionally clicks despite all that and I have a feeling that will happen tonight for some reason.

I, too, have a weird feeling that Lambert will get a 'Jewell win' tonight.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

Anybody think we are going to win tonight? on 09:38 - Mar 3 with 3002 viewsHarry_Palmer

It's going to be a struggle but then most games are for us.

I didn't realise they had signed Glen Whelan, past his best of course but I'm sure he will do a job in this division. They have a very defensive centre midfield trio and I can see them sitting somebody deep ( probably Whelan ) right in front of Keane, cutting out the option of balls to feet and encouraging us to go long. We all know what happens then.

I hope I am wrong but it could be a long night.
Anybody think we are going to win tonight? on 09:47 - Mar 3 with 2970 viewsitfcjoe

Everything is against us

No jackson or Norwood
No Downes
Fleetwood had the weekend off
Fleetwood in good form
Us in rubbish form
No pressure on them to come and play in a big stadium
Big pressure on us, must win, edgy crowd, potentially toxic if we fall behind

But, it's just 11 v 11 when it comes down to it and we have a good chance of winning.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Anybody think we are going to win tonight? on 09:50 - Mar 3 with 2948 viewsRegencyBlue

I actually think we will win tonight but I also think Coventry will do us Saturday.
Anybody think we are going to win tonight? on 10:00 - Mar 3 with 2908 viewsBlueBadger

Anybody think we are going to win tonight? on 09:47 - Mar 3 by itfcjoe

Everything is against us

No jackson or Norwood
No Downes
Fleetwood in good form
Us in rubbish form

But, it's just 11 v 11 when it comes down to it and we have a good chance of winning.

I'm going for a jammy 1-0 'Jewell win' that keeps the easily pleased and local papers off Lambert's back for another fortnight or so.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Anybody think we are going to win tonight? on 10:04 - Mar 3 with 2891 viewshampstead_blue

We could win but not with PL's tactics.

I'm not a fan of one up front, which he calls three. We need two close to each other, end of, and Bishop or the like behind.

Sears and Keane could be a very good partnership given the right tactics.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Anybody think we are going to win tonight? on 10:08 - Mar 3 with 2880 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Let's not be overly dramatic.

It's Fleetwood.

They are a decent side, above us and in better form. But Watford beat Liverpool at the weekend, Norwich beat Leicester and Man City were hanging on against Villa.

The suggestion that we can't beat a team a couple of places above us, at home, with better individual players is a tad ridiculous.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Anybody think we are going to win tonight? on 10:15 - Mar 3 with 2845 viewsElephantintheRoom

Anybody think we are going to win tonight? on 09:47 - Mar 3 by itfcjoe

Everything is against us

No jackson or Norwood
No Downes
Fleetwood in good form
Us in rubbish form

You're forgetting the 12th man.... the wonderful Portman Road crowd. Not to mention the subs.

If Town are ever going to beat a team from the top 8 a home game against the 8th team knackered after a long journey on a chilly evening might be the time to do it.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Anybody think we are going to win tonight? on 10:20 - Mar 3 with 2821 viewsDoctor_Earman

Tuesday night, small timers Fleetwood, poor run, simmering anger. It has all the ingredients for a crap performance and the resulting toxic atmosphere. Tonight could be the game where fans 'turn' on a mass scale against Lambert. 2-0 Fleetwood. Oh and Ched Evans will probably score as well.
Anybody think we are going to win tonight? on 10:21 - Mar 3 with 2815 viewsBiGDonnie

0-3 tonight to end our season in spectacular fashion.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Anybody think we are going to win tonight? on 10:30 - Mar 3 with 2780 viewsSeablu

Anybody think we are going to win tonight? on 10:08 - Mar 3 by WarkTheWarkITFC

It's Fleetwood.

They are a decent side, above us and in better form. But Watford beat Liverpool at the weekend, Norwich beat Leicester and Man City were hanging on against Villa.

The suggestion that we can't beat a team a couple of places above us, at home, with better individual players is a tad ridiculous.

But we can’t beat teams below us with any regularity.
Admire the blind optimism but with Lambert you can’t guarantee anything.
He’s made an absolute pig’s ear of this season and will continue to limp along spouting the same platitudes until even ME realises it’s time to put the screen around him & ask the on-course vet to do the decent thing.
Anybody think we are going to win tonight? on 10:37 - Mar 3 with 2744 viewsBlueBadger

It's Fleetwood.

Those teams have mostly competent managers though.

Anybody think we are going to win tonight? on 10:38 - Mar 3 with 2742 viewsr2d2

Lose. Just put everyone out of their misery.
Anybody think we are going to win tonight? on 10:40 - Mar 3 with 2734 viewsSuperfrans

The word is "can".
We "can" win.

And, yes, I think we have a chance. A good chance.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Anybody think we are going to win tonight? on 10:48 - Mar 3 with 2712 viewsLankHenners

Of the two games this week, tonight is the more likely one we're going to win. Coventry will be the end of the road for us whatever happens.

As for the match, it'll either be a narrow 1-0 win to us where we suddenly turn out a good performance, or we'll struggle in the same way we've been struggling and Fleetwood will come away with a fairly routine 2-0 victory after we spend the whole game passing it around in front of them before Lambert brings Dobra on in the 87th minute with the game already lost.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Anybody think we are going to win tonight? on 10:57 - Mar 3 with 2690 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

It's Fleetwood.

I wouldn't say it is overly dramatic to predict that we will lose when we have the 17th worst home form in the league and 5 defeats in 7.

'It's Fleetwood' Yes who are above us and have 2 games in hand. But yes it is ridiculous to predict that we lose?

Anybody think we are going to win tonight? on 11:03 - Mar 3 with 2668 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Anybody think we are going to win tonight? on 10:57 - Mar 3 by TRUE_BLUE123

I wouldn't say it is overly dramatic to predict that we will lose when we have the 17th worst home form in the league and 5 defeats in 7.

'It's Fleetwood' Yes who are above us and have 2 games in hand. But yes it is ridiculous to predict that we lose?

You 'just cannot see it'.

So you've thought through all the scenarios, like Fleetwood not turning up, like us starting well, all of that and you just can't see any situation where we win basically.

That is overly dramatic mate.

What most of us are doing is thinking that it'll be a tough game to win but it's perfectly winnable if we play near to our best.

Anybody think we are going to win tonight? on 11:07 - Mar 3 with 2653 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Anybody think we are going to win tonight? on 10:57 - Mar 3 by TRUE_BLUE123

I think we will lose. It's not ridiculous to think that.

It's ridiculous to suggest that we have no way of winning which is what the OP stated. That they just cannot see us winning.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024