Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We are so bad and have been for so long it doesn't hurt anymore! 20:57 - Mar 3 with 1544 viewsN2_Blue

ITFC have killed my passion for my favourite sport, it's just not fun anymore.
Supporting a football club isn't just about winning or being successful as countless clubs each season cannot of course be either but they have identity, ideas, hope, optimism each new season....but we are just a car crash and have been pretty much for 20 years and gradually heading through the leagues. L2 is not far away, in a full division of 24 and based on form for most part of the season that's were we would be heading so what's to say next year is not a relegation.

Nothing is going to change under Evans, we are in terminal decline. However I don't see a new owner helping unless they invest millions and i don't see that happening, so its either continual decline or the end of ITFC full stop as we fold. I don't know which would be more painful.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

We are so bad and have been for so long it doesn't hurt anymore! on 21:01 - Mar 3 with 1477 viewsBent_double

Agree with your sentiment in the first para, but not the second - why would a new owner need to invest millions? How many other clubs in this league have spent that kind of money?

Just about all the players we have on the pitch tonight have played at a higher level - they're not terrible footballers, they just don't have any confidence, and they're not being coached well, simple as that.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

We are so bad and have been for so long it doesn't hurt anymore! on 21:08 - Mar 3 with 1406 viewsStewart27

This hurts.

I had my numb phase when Mick was here when I totally gave up.

I got my passion back when he went.

But then we got Hurst and now Lambert.

Evans is a disease.
We are so bad and have been for so long it doesn't hurt anymore! on 21:13 - Mar 3 with 1366 viewsRyorry

I'm going down the leagues, have just reached the "it doesn't hurt anymore because I'm now so used to it that I'm numb" one.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

We are so bad and have been for so long it doesn't hurt anymore! on 21:18 - Mar 3 with 1300 viewsbackwaywhen

We are so bad and have been for so long it doesn't hurt anymore! on 21:08 - Mar 3 by Stewart27

This hurts.

I had my numb phase when Mick was here when I totally gave up.

I got my passion back when he went.

But then we got Hurst and now Lambert.

Evans is a disease.

I have just left at half time .... I just cannot watch / enjoy this team anymore , been watching Town since 68 and we really are the poorest I have ever witnessed. So sad that this once great club has fallen lower than a snakes belly .
We are so bad and have been for so long it doesn't hurt anymore! on 21:19 - Mar 3 with 1264 viewsChris_Knights

We are so bad and have been for so long it doesn't hurt anymore! on 21:01 - Mar 3 by Bent_double

Agree with your sentiment in the first para, but not the second - why would a new owner need to invest millions? How many other clubs in this league have spent that kind of money?

Just about all the players we have on the pitch tonight have played at a higher level - they're not terrible footballers, they just don't have any confidence, and they're not being coached well, simple as that.

Completely agree with the sentiment again.... other than the comment about the footballers ... they absolutely are terrible footballers ,they may have played at a higher level but sears, chambers, skuse, Keane and judge all complete rubbish as proven by their contribution to the team which is nothing. Bishop, downes and woolfenden will be sold and dozzell, dobra and mcGavin ain’t good enough
We are so bad and have been for so long it doesn't hurt anymore! on 21:45 - Mar 3 with 1128 viewsN2_Blue

We are so bad and have been for so long it doesn't hurt anymore! on 21:01 - Mar 3 by Bent_double

Because we'd be nothing in the Championship and be relegated. It might not take millions to get out of this league but it does to do anything else.

Plus the club is so stale, run down, it needs millions to have a total overhaul and that would be needed to have any chance of creating something again...sadly its just not going to happen.

Season over tonight, it's not even hurting, more of a numbness as others have said. If you could have told me as a little boy on the terraces or even as young adult that this would ever happen such was my passion for football i would never have believed you.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

We are so bad and have been for so long it doesn't hurt anymore! on 21:51 - Mar 3 with 1054 viewsLetchworth_Blue

What utter dump. Are you really saying Keane, Chambers, Judge et al are good footballers? No amount of coaching is going to change that.
We are so bad and have been for so long it doesn't hurt anymore! on 22:02 - Mar 3 with 983 viewsVaughan8

We are so bad and have been for so long it doesn't hurt anymore! on 21:51 - Mar 3 by Letchworth_Blue

What utter dump. Are you really saying Keane, Chambers, Judge et al are good footballers? No amount of coaching is going to change that.

After the Burton game, people on here were going mad about how good Keane was with a few good passes.

He is a donkey who is probably highly paid and is not very good.

Strangely his coming into the team has coincided with the fact we can't score and are absolutely rubbish..... haha

Some of these players need to go but it's going to be hard finding anyone to take them!

Back to the original post, I feel the same. I can't barely look at our scores anymore.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2020 22:03]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024