Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The one good thing I can say about Lambert 21:47 - Mar 3 with 9755 viewsMullet

Making everyone walk over and clap the North, and doing it himself takes balls. He could easily have hid behind handshakes in the centre circle and slipped off down the tunnel. As much as he is hurting us, it's hurting him too on some level.

But this was how it was with Jewell, and until Hurst showed up never had we seen such hapless and dark days. There's little to suggest this even comes close, even the positive of Dobra and Simpson seems have had the varnish knocked off it in the space of a couple of days doesn't it?

Thank god we got our club back eh? It's rank and crumbling to dust in a blink of an eye now there's no one left to hold it together. Who the hell is going to look at us and want a go? Apart from the opposition.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

The one good thing I can say about Lambert on 21:48 - Mar 3 with 7943 viewsBackToRussia

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

The one good thing I can say about Lambert on 21:49 - Mar 3 with 7851 viewsWD19

OK......<deep breath>..... I’ll do it.

When do I start?
The one good thing I can say about Lambert on 21:50 - Mar 3 with 7748 viewsazuremerlangus

The one good thing I can say about Lambert on 21:48 - Mar 3 by BackToRussia

People are fed up of turning up when the team doesn't.

I would much prefer a performance worthy of support and then the players just go straight to the tunnel at the final whistle. All this clapping just appears as an empty apology.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2020 21:52]

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

The one good thing I can say about Lambert on 21:52 - Mar 3 with 7556 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The one good thing I can say about Lambert on 21:49 - Mar 3 by WD19

OK......<deep breath>..... I’ll do it.

When do I start?

There are plenty of managers would love to take us on.

Always better to come in to a club in a mess and have the chance to sort it out than to come in to a club riding a wave and have to keep them on it.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

The one good thing I can say about Lambert on 21:53 - Mar 3 with 7559 viewsMullet

Chambers must end up shedding a tear or two tonight? What else can he do or give only to have manager after manager come in and drag us down further?

I don't blame anyone for booing or being pissed off etc. I just don't see where we go from here without yet more upheaval and adjustment to the losses Evans keeps making, financially and in a footballing sense.

The one good thing I can say about Lambert on 21:53 - Mar 3 with 7483 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Don’t agree with this. We were poor again and it’s clearly not working but shouldn’t be throwing abuse at them. It’s just football at the end of the day and it will be hurting chambers just as much.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

The one good thing I can say about Lambert on 21:53 - Mar 3 with 7452 viewsBluefish

Bit odd to make Simpson go and take the boos

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

The one good thing I can say about Lambert on 21:55 - Mar 3 with 7377 viewsBackToRussia

The one good thing I can say about Lambert on 21:53 - Mar 3 by Mullet

Chambers must end up shedding a tear or two tonight? What else can he do or give only to have manager after manager come in and drag us down further?

I don't blame anyone for booing or being pissed off etc. I just don't see where we go from here without yet more upheaval and adjustment to the losses Evans keeps making, financially and in a footballing sense.

Unfair on Chambers to cop any stick really, but Lambert deserves whatever he got. Hoping Evans was there tonight. Had the thought that the Evans out chants, if achieving nothing else, will mean PL is sacked sooner rather than later.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Login to get fewer ads

The one good thing I can say about Lambert on 21:55 - Mar 3 with 7301 viewsCheltenham_Blue

"Who the hell is going to look at us and want a go? Apart from the opposition."

That's why whoever comes in now needs to bleed Ipswich, and have big enough balls to tell Evans to put up, or sell up.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

The one good thing I can say about Lambert on 21:56 - Mar 3 with 7272 viewsJohnny_Boy

Why doesn’t Keane jump for headers? It’s really baffling.
The one good thing I can say about Lambert on 21:57 - Mar 3 with 7128 viewsRyorry

Appreciate the first 2 paras, but it's a bit cheap to pour scorn on fans who simply wanted their club back. No-ones a mind-reader & able to see how things will pan out in 6 months or a year's time.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

The one good thing I can say about Lambert on 21:58 - Mar 3 with 7072 viewsPlums

The one good thing I can say about Lambert on 21:53 - Mar 3 by Bluefish

Bit odd to make Simpson go and take the boos

As was his treatment of McGavin. Very poor to throw a young lad in tonight and then hook him at half time.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

The one good thing I can say about Lambert on 21:58 - Mar 3 with 7070 viewsLetchworth_Blue

Where do we go from here Mullet, I really dont know. Been going to town for nearly 40 years and this is the worst I have felt/seen the team play.

So we get another manager and then what? He doesnt get financial backing, hes left with crap players and he has no plan B.

It just feels rotten to the core .....
The one good thing I can say about Lambert on 22:00 - Mar 3 with 6973 viewsMullet

The one good thing I can say about Lambert on 21:52 - Mar 3 by Nthsuffolkblue

There are plenty of managers would love to take us on.

Always better to come in to a club in a mess and have the chance to sort it out than to come in to a club riding a wave and have to keep them on it.

It is, but as with players we are in a shallower and shallower talent pool the longer time ticks on. Nathan Jones suddenly looks like our Pep and that's not to say I wouldn't want him with open arms, but the laughable notion of "Mick's a dinosaur!!!" to "Colin is our saviour" this weekend really rams it home for me.

The one good thing I can say about Lambert on 22:01 - Mar 3 with 6918 viewsJohnny_Boy

The one good thing I can say about Lambert on 21:55 - Mar 3 by BackToRussia

Unfair on Chambers to cop any stick really, but Lambert deserves whatever he got. Hoping Evans was there tonight. Had the thought that the Evans out chants, if achieving nothing else, will mean PL is sacked sooner rather than later.

Let’s be honest. The players have had more of their share of shockers tonight - and in previous games.

We didn’t decide to start playing on the floor with any purpose (or conviction) till the 78th min.

Not great.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2020 23:08]
The one good thing I can say about Lambert on 22:04 - Mar 3 with 6746 viewsMullet

The one good thing I can say about Lambert on 21:58 - Mar 3 by Letchworth_Blue

Where do we go from here Mullet, I really dont know. Been going to town for nearly 40 years and this is the worst I have felt/seen the team play.

So we get another manager and then what? He doesnt get financial backing, hes left with crap players and he has no plan B.

It just feels rotten to the core .....

The romantic hail Mary is that we click next season with a load of academy graduates in and around the team. People will start clawing at the Soton idea and mixing it with bits of Sheffield United etc. but the reality is there are far more clubs who used to be our peers twenty to thirty years ago who are we reacquainting ourselves with. We could easily be back rubbing shoulders with Crewe, Swindon and Bradford etc.

The one good thing I can say about Lambert on 22:05 - Mar 3 with 6611 viewsstonojnr

The one good thing I can say about Lambert on 21:53 - Mar 3 by JammyDodgerrr

Don’t agree with this. We were poor again and it’s clearly not working but shouldn’t be throwing abuse at them. It’s just football at the end of the day and it will be hurting chambers just as much.

why not ? you cant write in the programme notes that you are "...fed up of talking about what we should be doing on the pitch.We have to go out there and just do it."

and then turn in that kind of performance, and its not about the losing of a must win game so much as the manner it was played, had the team gone down to a goal fighting to show how much it meant, how much it hurts them, and you thought yeah that was a good game and unlucky to lose, theyd probably be applauded instead for showing some fight, but to go down behind at the break again with a seemingly inevitable goal, with apathy running through the team, no heart, no ideas...what do you expect ?
The one good thing I can say about Lambert on 22:06 - Mar 3 with 6555 viewsFunge

The one good thing I can say about Lambert on 22:00 - Mar 3 by Mullet

It is, but as with players we are in a shallower and shallower talent pool the longer time ticks on. Nathan Jones suddenly looks like our Pep and that's not to say I wouldn't want him with open arms, but the laughable notion of "Mick's a dinosaur!!!" to "Colin is our saviour" this weekend really rams it home for me.

There's two things at play here.

The decision to get rid of Mick, and the subsequent outcome.

It was, categorically, the right decision for Mick to leave. He'd lost the fans, and the fans had lost him. The football was vile.

As always, however, and with every single major decision that Evans has made during his tenure here, the subsequent outcome was appalling.

An owner is going some to appoint 5 managers; 4 of whom have been utterly awful, and then, by chance, when he stumbled across MM, to give him no backing whatsoever.

I tire of the polemic that the fans forced Mick out. 50 coked-up teenagers and a load of fat NSL goons chanting offensive sh1te at Griffin Park is not the reason that we are where we are (I know this is not your point, but I am off on one....)

I wryly acknowledge the irony in your final paragraph, btw....
The one good thing I can say about Lambert on 22:07 - Mar 3 with 6541 viewspatrickswell

The one good thing I can say about Lambert on 22:00 - Mar 3 by Mullet

The really scary thing is how quickly it seems to fall apart under Evans’s managers. Lambert bucked a trend slightly by having a fine start to his first full season, but the post Accrington away form could easily have been replicated under Keane, Jewell or Hurst.

It really feels like there will need to be a rebuild, full on root and branch overhaul, but in this environment, it feels like no manager can be trusted to come in and do it due to the club’s propensity to lapse into utterly horrific form.
The one good thing I can say about Lambert on 22:07 - Mar 3 with 6503 viewsbraveblue

The one good thing I can say about Lambert on 21:55 - Mar 3 by BackToRussia

Chambers is captain. Spine of the team. One if the senior players that could not play for the last manager. Poor player. Time to move on. We have had enough of him and Skuse.
The one good thing I can say about Lambert on 22:10 - Mar 3 with 6397 viewsJDB23

Quite ironic they didn't hide at full time, because that's all they did for 90 mins during the game.
The one good thing I can say about Lambert on 22:13 - Mar 3 with 6294 viewsRyorry

Did his walk & clapping look like a farewell?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

The one good thing I can say about Lambert on 22:14 - Mar 3 with 6250 viewsMullet

The one good thing I can say about Lambert on 22:06 - Mar 3 by Funge

There's two things at play here.

The decision to get rid of Mick, and the subsequent outcome.

It was, categorically, the right decision for Mick to leave. He'd lost the fans, and the fans had lost him. The football was vile.

As always, however, and with every single major decision that Evans has made during his tenure here, the subsequent outcome was appalling.

An owner is going some to appoint 5 managers; 4 of whom have been utterly awful, and then, by chance, when he stumbled across MM, to give him no backing whatsoever.

I tire of the polemic that the fans forced Mick out. 50 coked-up teenagers and a load of fat NSL goons chanting offensive sh1te at Griffin Park is not the reason that we are where we are (I know this is not your point, but I am off on one....)

I wryly acknowledge the irony in your final paragraph, btw....

It doesn't matter, he's gone. But in 18months we've levelled out the rank triumphalism and sense of victory, to span even darker times and result in those calls for Warnock...…. mindblowing delusion.

I'm not sure how you or anyone can insist the "fans had lost him" (which is true) and play down the manner of his departure though. I'm not sure anyone has ever suggested it was more than a few pricks who did that at Brentford but that became a sideshow everyone could condemn from both sides of the fence.

However, to go from three little birds and not many more wins, with Hurst's demolition job thrown in and still not be questioning everything we do or want is perilous. We're down here for a long time it looks like. Evans can't and probably won't change that.

The one good thing I can say about Lambert on 22:15 - Mar 3 with 6225 viewsHerbivore

The one good thing I can say about Lambert on 21:58 - Mar 3 by Plums

As was his treatment of McGavin. Very poor to throw a young lad in tonight and then hook him at half time.

Especially when he'd had a better half than Nolan and Dozzell imo.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The one good thing I can say about Lambert on 22:15 - Mar 3 with 6203 viewsbrazil1982

The one good thing I can say about Lambert on 21:56 - Mar 3 by Johnny_Boy

Why doesn’t Keane jump for headers? It’s really baffling.

He does, but his timing is dreadful.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024