Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The first half 22:02 - Mar 3 with 3257 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Worst 45 minutes I’ve ever seen from an ITFC team at Portman Road

Change my mind

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

The first half on 22:07 - Mar 3 with 3203 viewsFunge

Hmmm.

The mighty Sheff Weds (led by Ross Barkley) in Chris Hutchings' one game in charge would run it close.

Barkley.

Sheffield Wednesday.

Chris Hutchings.

TWTD.
The first half on 22:09 - Mar 3 with 3171 viewsHerbivore

The first half on 22:07 - Mar 3 by Funge

Hmmm.

The mighty Sheff Weds (led by Ross Barkley) in Chris Hutchings' one game in charge would run it close.

Barkley.

Sheffield Wednesday.

Chris Hutchings.

TWTD.

I actually think this was worse. It was Fleetwood ffs, they had nobody in their side fit to lace Ross Barkley's boots. And we didn't manage a shot, let alone a shot on target, in that first half. Utterly abject.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The first half on 22:19 - Mar 3 with 3085 viewsrfretwell

The first half on 22:09 - Mar 3 by Herbivore

I actually think this was worse. It was Fleetwood ffs, they had nobody in their side fit to lace Ross Barkley's boots. And we didn't manage a shot, let alone a shot on target, in that first half. Utterly abject.

Agreed I've never seen such a completely disorganised Town team at PR as in that first half. They obviously hadn't trained together as a team. But what really annoys me is none of our attackers can win headers anywhere near enough against strong arm div 1 defenders. And no one can shoot from distance. It's just pathetic. How I miss Milton, Reuser, Peter Morris even.
The first half on 22:20 - Mar 3 with 3066 viewsDyland

Hmmm.

Barkley.

Sheffield Wednesday.

Chris Hutchings.

TWTD.

Amazingly Fungers, I think this WAS worse!

LOL

ffs

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

The first half on 22:21 - Mar 3 with 3033 viewsHerbivore

The first half on 22:20 - Mar 3 by Dyland

Amazingly Fungers, I think this WAS worse!

LOL

ffs

Yep, this is definitely a new low.

The first half on 22:22 - Mar 3 with 3010 viewsblueconscience

This seems to be posted every week!!!

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

The first half on 22:24 - Mar 3 with 2986 viewsSuperblue95

The first half on 22:22 - Mar 3 by blueconscience

This seems to be posted every week!!!

I was just about to comment the same thing.

Proves how utterly crap we have been so frequently this season

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

The first half on 22:25 - Mar 3 with 2954 viewspointofblue

Don't think I can change the OP's mind - the first half was dire but I think most of us would have predicted as much after seeing the line up? No strength in midfield, a lack of width and a striker who can barely hold water, let alone a ball.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

How low can it still go on 22:30 - Mar 3 with 2908 viewsDyland

The first half on 22:21 - Mar 3 by Herbivore

Yep, this is definitely a new low.

Lambert is like Jewell, except still bullsh1tting everyone in pressers. The players are not playing any more. Nolan and Judge completely checked out. Others not far behind. I feel a bit for Chambers, it's not his fault the owner is an absent twonk and manager totally blagging it.

Thought bringing Simpson on was actually quite logical, if there's one alright thing about tonight.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

How low can it still go on 22:33 - Mar 3 with 2876 viewsFunge

How low can it still go on 22:30 - Mar 3 by Dyland

Lambert is like Jewell, except still bullsh1tting everyone in pressers. The players are not playing any more. Nolan and Judge completely checked out. Others not far behind. I feel a bit for Chambers, it's not his fault the owner is an absent twonk and manager totally blagging it.

Thought bringing Simpson on was actually quite logical, if there's one alright thing about tonight.

Nolan is atrocious, but, in his defence, he might just actually be total sh1t.

Judge, though. That bloke should be booed relentlessly every time he is in public.
The first half on 22:33 - Mar 3 with 2873 viewsSwansea_Blue

We've had a few such conversations lately, but I'm struggling to think of worse, especailly when you consider the level.

We did rally in short spells in teh second half - at the start and then when Bishop came on, but nowhere near enough. I though Fleetwood were a bit lacklusre themselves, but did a professional, if dull, job on us. We made it easy of course - especially in that first half.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

How low can it still go on 22:36 - Mar 3 with 2838 viewsHerbivore

How low can it still go on 22:33 - Mar 3 by Funge

Nolan is atrocious, but, in his defence, he might just actually be total sh1t.

Judge, though. That bloke should be booed relentlessly every time he is in public.

Judge is horrendous. Just strolls around the pitch miscontrolling it and shrugging his shoulders. Waste of space, one of our worst ever signings imo.

How low can it still go on 22:40 - Mar 3 with 2783 viewsFunge

How low can it still go on 22:36 - Mar 3 by Herbivore

Judge is horrendous. Just strolls around the pitch miscontrolling it and shrugging his shoulders. Waste of space, one of our worst ever signings imo.

Yep, truly diabolical.
The first half on 22:59 - Mar 3 with 2679 viewsDublinBlue84

First half was terrible, no urgency, many a time the ball came forward and there were far more yellow shirts than blue shirts so anytime we did get on a ball in an alright position it was lost pretty quickly. Constantly going the aerial route was pointless and either Holy has serious problems of learning from a distribution type that isn't working or the management are asking him to do that and cannot see how it doesn't work. He was crap for the goal and ha serious problem with low shots that could render him a liability if ias it seems, teams have worked him out and are able to exploit it.

I got the impression that some of them were treading water the first half, it was almost like it was a game where they'd already accepted that we had not made the play-offs. There was no forward drive or desire to take the game by the scruff of the neck. No passion, noibody who wanted to make a difference and say that they were not going to let our season end without a whimper. Bart's remarks to Andy Warren of the EADT come badk when you see this.

The goal was a travesty and Chambers really is probably at the end of the line, we know he has limitations but physically he is struggling to complete and not just on pace. He's been a great servant but honestly now it's time to say goodbye and offer him a coaching role and allow him to keep registered as a fringe player rather than being first choice. We need to end the Skuse and Chambers Era and move forward.

Simpson when he came on offered a spark, non stop running, effort and like he wanted to make a difference. He put more effort and determination in during the time that he was on than the rest of the team put together in the rest of the match. I understand that some may say that you shouldn't throw youngsters in there, but in a team crying out for attacking flair and someone to do something, it would have made much more sense to go with Dobra than McGavin who is never going to put defenders under pressure.

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

The first half on 23:06 - Mar 3 with 2629 viewsFelstow1978

I think you've missed the words "so far" in that

Poll: Isn't it time that HRH Shesgotmyballsinherhand stops feeling the need to preach?

The first half on 23:09 - Mar 3 with 2603 viewsrunaround

I’ve been to approximately 1100 ITFC games & that first half was the worst I have seen in terms of lack of effort. I would say 8 out of the starting 11 didn’t try first half. Yes Lambert should now go as buck stops with him whilst Evans needs to start running the club properly or step aside BUT the lack of effort from the players tonight is unacceptable and they are not fit to wear the shirt
The first half on 23:10 - Mar 3 with 2584 viewstextbackup

worse 90 ive seen. well 89 as I left

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

The first half on 23:39 - Mar 3 with 2465 viewshaynes_toe1

Stopped watching ifollow after the first half hour.
The first half on 23:42 - Mar 3 with 2442 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Hmmm.

Barkley.

Sheffield Wednesday.

Chris Hutchings.

TWTD.

That one did spring to mind, and also the Norwich 5-1

I think Norwich probably edges it given who it was but I think if you ignore any derby factor and take into account the ability of the opposition then I really can’t think of worse than tonight. Absolutely played off the park by Fleetwood FFS

He’s got to go, surely?
[Post edited 3 Mar 2020 23:42]

The first half on 23:43 - Mar 3 with 2419 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

The first half on 23:06 - Mar 3 by Felstow1978

I think you've missed the words "so far" in that

Sadly probably true

The first half on 23:44 - Mar 3 with 2411 viewsSwailsey

The first half on 22:09 - Mar 3 by Herbivore

Not true. Chambers hit the post....;)

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

The first half on 23:45 - Mar 3 with 2395 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

The first half on 23:10 - Mar 3 by textbackup

worse 90 ive seen. well 89 as I left

You didn’t miss anything

The board went up with 5 mins of injury time as we won a corner. Corner was over hit and then we somehow spent the next 4 mins basically in possession of the ball but not getting out of own half, before one final attack and corner

Pathetic

The first half on 23:48 - Mar 3 with 2349 viewshaynes_toe1

The first half on 23:42 - Mar 3 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

That one did spring to mind, and also the Norwich 5-1

I think Norwich probably edges it given who it was but I think if you ignore any derby factor and take into account the ability of the opposition then I really can’t think of worse than tonight. Absolutely played off the park by Fleetwood FFS

He’s got to go, surely?
[Post edited 3 Mar 2020 23:42]

Some sick irony knowing Lambert masterminded that 5-1 too.
The first half on 23:49 - Mar 3 with 2322 viewsLankHenners

I liked the bit where Fleetwood had a man less for a few minutes because he was getting his face bandaged up and they still had total un-pressured control of possession inside our half.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024