Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tonight showed how tactically inept Lambert is 22:04 - Mar 3 with 1113 viewsgeg1992

First of all what on earth was that lineup? Far too lightweight against a physical side.

Theyre a big physical side as just mentioned, who struggle with quick through balls apparently. So what do we do? Have no pace in our side and play Keane up front on his own who can't win a header to save his life. Their number 6 won EVERYTHING.

Their keeper couldn't kick long so they play out from the back. We put 2 players on each fullback but didn't actually put much pressure on them at all. It was so painful to watch them play it out the back so easily time after time.

I'm not going to claim im some kind of football manager but surely even with the Injuries we could have played a stronger and more balanced team? Something like:

Holy
Donacien
Chambers
Woolfenden / Wilson
Kenlock

Edwards
Dozzell
Nolan / Bishop
Garbutt

Sears
Keane

I know many slate Kenlock, but he's more than capable at left back at this level, and Garbutt is wasted at left back. When kenlock was in the team, we were doing well and his individual stats showed his ability. Not saying he's perfect but fine for this level.

Poll: Who would you play in place of Burns on Sunday?

Tonight showed how tactically inept Lambert is on 22:11 - Mar 3 with 1023 viewsclive_baker

I feel sorry for Kenlock. Ashley Cole he isn't but how Earl justifies his place ahead of him is anyone's guess. He's woeful. Unfortunately while the likes of Earl, Donacien, Wilson continue to play for us we're going nowhere fast. It's mad looking at the lineup today and having Bishop, Sears, Woolfenden on the bench. And what does Dobra have to do to start?

Just play our best players, it's really not rocket science.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Tonight showed how tactically inept Lambert is on 22:13 - Mar 3 with 954 viewssparks

I didnt watch the game- but it was an absurd defnesive line up with no effective width, no attacking plan and guaranteed to create confusion and disjointedness. For no good reason, given the resources available.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Tonight showed how tactically inept Lambert is on 22:13 - Mar 3 with 947 viewsHerbivore

It was also patently obvious from ten minutes in that they were exploiting our lack of width and getting two on one against the full backs constantly and yet we didn't change it until half time. He's utterly clueless. He's rivalling Hurst at this point, there's daylight between him and the likes of Keane and Jewell now.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Tonight showed how tactically inept Lambert is on 22:15 - Mar 3 with 900 viewspointofblue

Tonight showed how tactically inept Lambert is on 22:13 - Mar 3 by Herbivore

It was also patently obvious from ten minutes in that they were exploiting our lack of width and getting two on one against the full backs constantly and yet we didn't change it until half time. He's utterly clueless. He's rivalling Hurst at this point, there's daylight between him and the likes of Keane and Jewell now.

Tongith's line up reminded me of Mick's at home to Hull in 17/18 and Hurst at Leeds last season, where I only had to take a glance at it before wondering whether the manager in question had completely lost the plot.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Tonight showed how tactically inept Lambert is on 22:16 - Mar 3 with 894 viewsSwansea_Blue

Tonight showed how tactically inept Lambert is on 22:11 - Mar 3 by clive_baker

I feel sorry for Kenlock. Ashley Cole he isn't but how Earl justifies his place ahead of him is anyone's guess. He's woeful. Unfortunately while the likes of Earl, Donacien, Wilson continue to play for us we're going nowhere fast. It's mad looking at the lineup today and having Bishop, Sears, Woolfenden on the bench. And what does Dobra have to do to start?

Just play our best players, it's really not rocket science.

And to think of the grief Knudsen got . Earl (and Wilson) are cart horses. Garbett's going backwards under us. Our defence is solidly geared towards defending, but as a base to built the play they're useless (a couple of nice diagnoals from Chambo aside evry once in a while). They pretty much gave up wanting the ball from Holy tonight. So we go long onto the head of a rookie who's still not played an hour of competitive football.

It was so amateur it was embarrassing. A apparent 'must win' game and we send out one of our most experimental and inexperienced lineups of the season.

Lambert is off his trolley.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Tonight showed how tactically inept Lambert is on 22:17 - Mar 3 with 843 viewsclive_baker

Tonight showed how tactically inept Lambert is on 22:13 - Mar 3 by Herbivore

Tactically I would argue that Hurst showed a little more nous than Lambert. The only thing in Lambert's favour is he's much less of a c***. They've both been a disaster though, for different reasons. I do feel like we've got the core of a decent squad if we can get a tune out of them and get rid of some of the dross. Huge call for Evans as to who replaces Lambert, not one he can afford to get wrong.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Tonight showed how tactically inept Lambert is on 22:19 - Mar 3 with 807 viewsHerbivore

Tonight showed how tactically inept Lambert is on 22:17 - Mar 3 by clive_baker

Tactically I would argue that Hurst showed a little more nous than Lambert. The only thing in Lambert's favour is he's much less of a c***. They've both been a disaster though, for different reasons. I do feel like we've got the core of a decent squad if we can get a tune out of them and get rid of some of the dross. Huge call for Evans as to who replaces Lambert, not one he can afford to get wrong.

Yeah I make you right with that summary to be fair.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Tonight showed how tactically inept Lambert is on 22:22 - Mar 3 with 768 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Say Sears couldn't do 90 minutes after Saturday, he could still have started Simpson couldn't he? He stuck McGavin in from the off after all.

Why drop Woolfenden and Skuse - were they not fully fit? Was Huws unavailable? Was this his reaction to a below par performance from Saturday? Was this his crazy rotation again?

Part of the problem is we can't even tell why he is making these decisions. Do the players know? I doubt it.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Login to get fewer ads

Tonight showed how tactically inept Lambert is on 22:31 - Mar 3 with 712 viewsreusersfreekicks

Tonight showed how tactically inept Lambert is on 22:22 - Mar 3 by Nthsuffolkblue

Say Sears couldn't do 90 minutes after Saturday, he could still have started Simpson couldn't he? He stuck McGavin in from the off after all.

Why drop Woolfenden and Skuse - were they not fully fit? Was Huws unavailable? Was this his reaction to a below par performance from Saturday? Was this his crazy rotation again?

Part of the problem is we can't even tell why he is making these decisions. Do the players know? I doubt it.

Huws and Skuse not fit
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024