Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Quick message for our simpleton contingent 22:06 - Mar 3 with 3532 viewsBluefish

Evans can't be "out" he is not an employee. He also finances one of the biggest budgets in the division

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Quick message for our simpleton contingent on 22:10 - Mar 3 with 3215 viewsbraveblue

You are simple if you believe that is the position.
Quick message for our simpleton contingent on 22:12 - Mar 3 with 3126 viewsBluefish

Quick message for our simpleton contingent on 22:10 - Mar 3 by braveblue

Which bit is wrong?

Quick message for our simpleton contingent on 22:12 - Mar 3 with 3085 viewsBluePG

Talk me through this.

Poll: Best Dane?

Quick message for our simpleton contingent on 22:12 - Mar 3 with 3087 viewsWD19

Somebody with comments votes heavily outweighing forum votes will be along to disagree with you shortly.....
Quick message for our simpleton contingent on 22:13 - Mar 3 with 3039 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Burst the myth.

Budget doesn’t equate to a good squad.

That approach is simplistic approach and in football often lacks truth.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

What on earth is incorrect in the OP? on 22:13 - Mar 3 with 3035 viewsDyland

Thinking Evans is a total disaster zone for ITFC, but also understanding he owns the fooking club so he can't just "get out", are not mutually exclusive positions.

I don't get why people who can write don't understand this really simple thing.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Quick message for our simpleton contingent on 22:13 - Mar 3 with 3022 viewsfooters

I like the fact a poster called TheRealist is a downvoter. Lol.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

LOL on 22:15 - Mar 3 with 2962 viewsDyland

Quick message for our simpleton contingent on 22:13 - Mar 3 by TheTrueBlue1878

Burst the myth.

Budget doesn’t equate to a good squad.

That approach is simplistic approach and in football often lacks truth.

Nice one Yoda :)

That's not the point of the OP.

You are right, generally, of course.

Login to get fewer ads

Quick message for our simpleton contingent on 22:15 - Mar 3 with 2954 viewsr2d2

Evans can crawl up his own @rse and fkuc off from this club. Inept, useless t0ss wnka.
Quick message for our simpleton contingent on 22:15 - Mar 3 with 2956 viewsKeaneish

I suppose dictators can’t be over thrown, monarchies can’t be abolished, a tyrant’s power seized, a shareholder dissolved or a CEO sacked either? Given Evan’s majority rule, it’ll take a revolt of some significance to force him out. Still, that’s what pitch forks were made for...

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Quick message for our simpleton contingent on 22:16 - Mar 3 with 2914 viewsBluefish

Quick message for our simpleton contingent on 22:15 - Mar 3 by Keaneish

I suppose dictators can’t be over thrown, monarchies can’t be abolished, a tyrant’s power seized, a shareholder dissolved or a CEO sacked either? Given Evan’s majority rule, it’ll take a revolt of some significance to force him out. Still, that’s what pitch forks were made for...

Lol

Quick message for our simpleton contingent on 22:18 - Mar 3 with 2821 viewspatrickswell

OK fair enough, let’s sit back, shut up and continue eating the gruel.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2020 22:19]
LOL on 22:18 - Mar 3 with 2818 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

LOL on 22:15 - Mar 3 by Dyland

Nice one Yoda :)

That's not the point of the OP.

You are right, generally, of course.

Apologises if I haven’t made myself clear.

I’m trying to say, because you finance one of the biggest budgets, does that provide automatic success, I’d suggest not.

Falls back to the constant underline of recruitment.

Quick message for our simpleton contingent on 22:21 - Mar 3 with 2768 viewsSwansea_Blue

I've got no problem with people letting him know that we fed up with him ruining the club. He's only a custodian - he will leave at some point. He's been dreadful for us.

Obviously it would take time to find another owner, so don't take it so literally.

(On that point, when we sing 'We're the greatest team in football the World has ever seen', it doesn't literally mean that).

Oh, and 'We want Evans out' doesn't contain a time stipulation .
[Post edited 3 Mar 2020 22:22]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Aye, I got it buh :) on 22:22 - Mar 3 with 2737 viewsDyland

LOL on 22:18 - Mar 3 by TheTrueBlue1878

Apologises if I haven’t made myself clear.

I’m trying to say, because you finance one of the biggest budgets, does that provide automatic success, I’d suggest not.

Falls back to the constant underline of recruitment.

Worth reminding peeps about the cash Evans does actually put in though.

Aye, he is still utterly failing.

Quick message for our simpleton contingent on 22:25 - Mar 3 with 2692 viewsOxford_Blue

No it’s right.

The club loses £6m a year. Evans pays that.

He is trapped and we are trapped.
Aye, I got it buh :) on 22:27 - Mar 3 with 2644 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Aye, I got it buh :) on 22:22 - Mar 3 by Dyland

Worth reminding peeps about the cash Evans does actually put in though.

Aye, he is still utterly failing.

Oh I mean he puts in a pretty penny to keep us afloat, things are relative, and he’s a much wealthier man than all on here can even fathom to think about. His alternative businesses I would suggest comfortably cover the deficit he has here.

I think it’s more of a problem of what he has bought, and how he spent that money. Very unwisely is a personal point of view.

Quick message for our simpleton contingent on 22:34 - Mar 3 with 2585 viewsSeablu

Quick message for our simpleton contingent on 22:12 - Mar 3 by WD19

Somebody with comments votes heavily outweighing forum votes will be along to disagree with you shortly.....

That was only two minutes shy of being like absolutely literally totally psychic.

Guess it was only a matter of time before one of them peered over the edge of the pond.
Aye, I got it buh :) on 22:38 - Mar 3 with 2536 viewsDyland

Aye, I got it buh :) on 22:27 - Mar 3 by TheTrueBlue1878

Oh I mean he puts in a pretty penny to keep us afloat, things are relative, and he’s a much wealthier man than all on here can even fathom to think about. His alternative businesses I would suggest comfortably cover the deficit he has here.

I think it’s more of a problem of what he has bought, and how he spent that money. Very unwisely is a personal point of view.

I don't disagree, but it's not a set market is it. The football business has changed and continues to do so. In poker terms it's more Midnight Baseball than Texas Hold 'em.

Evans has lost, and is now stuck covering his losses. I agree it's not so bad for him, and he can and will cover it up to a point. He's loaded after all. I feel zero sympathy for him. Yes, he can fook right off, but only metaphorically and emotively. The reality of our situation is quite different.

Lambert on the other hand needs to go, and now.

Quick message for our simpleton contingent on 22:43 - Mar 3 with 2440 viewsRegencyBlue

The simpleton contingent are those who still defend Evans and his inept ownership!
Quick message for our simpleton contingent on 22:48 - Mar 3 with 2377 viewsSwansea_Blue

Quick message for our simpleton contingent on 22:25 - Mar 3 by Oxford_Blue

No it’s right.

The club loses £6m a year. Evans pays that.

He is trapped and we are trapped.

Football takeovers do happen though, and to clubs in a worse position than ours. Maybe that's the problem - if we were in crisis (ME could no longer cover the cashflow and debt) it would probably trigger quicker action. But he's obviously quite comfortable/able to keep pumping in a few million a year, so we're stuck in stasis with no real motivation for change.

He puts in a lot, but I don't undrstand why he keeps doing so without apparently trying to do things differerntly. Unless he believes he's running the club well becasue he's got us as lean as he can and can manage the cashflow.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Quick message for our simpleton contingent on 23:02 - Mar 3 with 2273 viewstextbackup

but is it fair to say that his terrible ownership has ultimately led to the lack of ambition and apathy within the club?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Quick message for our simpleton contingent on 23:08 - Mar 3 with 2205 viewsSeablu

Quick message for our simpleton contingent on 22:43 - Mar 3 by RegencyBlue

The simpleton contingent are those who still defend Evans and his inept ownership!

You conflate defend with reluctantly tolerate.

Quite happy to let you have a go once you’ve bought him out though.
Quick message for our simpleton contingent on 23:19 - Mar 3 with 2138 viewsCoco

I’m sure they’ll leave your father alone soon enough.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Quick message for our simpleton contingent on 06:52 - Mar 4 with 1813 viewsdaisyisabaddog

Quick message for our simpleton contingent on 22:48 - Mar 3 by Swansea_Blue

Football takeovers do happen though, and to clubs in a worse position than ours. Maybe that's the problem - if we were in crisis (ME could no longer cover the cashflow and debt) it would probably trigger quicker action. But he's obviously quite comfortable/able to keep pumping in a few million a year, so we're stuck in stasis with no real motivation for change.

He puts in a lot, but I don't undrstand why he keeps doing so without apparently trying to do things differerntly. Unless he believes he's running the club well becasue he's got us as lean as he can and can manage the cashflow.

I would take issue with the comment "clubs in a worse position than ours". I'm not sure that there are any.
Next season will see us in a relegation fight. We have no assets to speak of apart from 2 good young players whose transfer fees won't even cover our annual losses.
We have found ourselves in this position when austerity is hitting football hard and we will find it harder and harder to comply with L1 financial fair play rules.

I would guess that ME will be looking for around £30m to walk away from this mess but who would hand over that sort of money?
There will be a lot of people calling for Lambert to be sacked but FFP means that if he goes we effectively have to ask his replacement to work for nothing.
Norwich were in a similar position 25 years ago and their fans drove Robert Chase out of the club with a vicious hate campaign. I wouldn't condone doing the same to Evans but even if we did, do you really think he would care?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024