Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Holy... 22:41 - Mar 3 with 2106 viewsclive_baker

Another goal that looked as soft as sh1t. Seen the replay and stand by that, terrible goalkeeping. As for Chambers, imagine getting outpaced by Ched Evans.

What a shower we are.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Holy... on 22:46 - Mar 3 with 1998 viewsTown_Boy

And yet Fans gave the biggest applaud to Holy who let the softest goal in of the season..

At the end of the day... It is night
Poll: What stand will you be renewing with the new prices

Holy... on 22:47 - Mar 3 with 1975 viewsLankHenners

2nd Norris-esque performance in as many games. Przybek will be getting a game at this rate.

Chambers really is fading now, not really through any fault of his own he's just older and slower and get compete as well against younger, stronger players like he used to. Still been one of the most solid defenders this season mind.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Holy... on 22:51 - Mar 3 with 1916 viewsDublinBlue84

Holy has a major flaw with low shots, it seems in recent games the opposition are now targeting this - Gills fan I know said to me ages ago that when oppositions work out his serious weakness he will become a liability and that appears to be happening now.

Some of the same guys giving Holy the big up were the ones who were slagging Norris off every week. Just because he is eccentric and tall and a bit macho, they think he walks on water. despite the fact he was poor at the weekend and poor tonight.

Also if it is his decision to keep launching the ball long even though it's not working rather than actual tactics then he doesn't have much of a footballing brain. I'm hoping it's what he has been told though, since if he does keep doing it off his own back it seems he has difficulty learning things on a football pitch.

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Holy... on 23:05 - Mar 3 with 1790 viewskizaitfc

Holy... on 22:46 - Mar 3 by Town_Boy

And yet Fans gave the biggest applaud to Holy who let the softest goal in of the season..

Big difference in applauding effort and passion, most of the 11 showed none Holy shows it every week.

Mistakes happen players shouldnt be booed off for it, give Holy time and he will be a great keeper.

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Holy... on 23:08 - Mar 3 with 1747 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

As a former keeper this is incredibly harsh.

Holy was moving to his right and the shot went to his left. He did well to even get his foot to it and there’s no way you can defy physics and get down to a shot placed there, when moving to the other side from that range.

He can’t be blamed at all for the goal.

He can be blamed for frequently playing the ball long to his twin brother on their team.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Holy... on 23:12 - Mar 3 with 1709 viewsTrequartista

Holy... on 23:08 - Mar 3 by WarkTheWarkITFC

As a former keeper this is incredibly harsh.

Holy was moving to his right and the shot went to his left. He did well to even get his foot to it and there’s no way you can defy physics and get down to a shot placed there, when moving to the other side from that range.

He can’t be blamed at all for the goal.

He can be blamed for frequently playing the ball long to his twin brother on their team.

Why was he moving to the right when the shot went to the left. Wouldn't it be better to move to the left when the shot goes to the left?

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Holy... on 23:17 - Mar 3 with 1669 viewsDublinBlue84

Holy... on 23:05 - Mar 3 by kizaitfc

Big difference in applauding effort and passion, most of the 11 showed none Holy shows it every week.

Mistakes happen players shouldnt be booed off for it, give Holy time and he will be a great keeper.

He'll never be a good keeper since he has a serious weakness with low shots which Gillingham fans know all about since he conceded numerous similar goals for them and is prone to being too eccentric. As stated before, my Gillingham supporting mate told me what to expect in the summer and he's be totally right.

I agree that his kicking is generally decent and he can make good saves due to his aerial reach and it also helps with coming for balls and crossing, but he still has strengths and weaknesses, just like any player at this level. You need to remember what division we are in.

If he had those strengths and had no problems with low shots he'd be playing at a higher level though, but he does have a weakness and that's why he's playing in the third tier. You need to get real and realise that good players don't hang around in the third division very long. Most players at this level have some flaw or other. That's nothing against Holy, just the fact is that some people are putting him up on a pedestal which is laughable.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2020 23:17]

Holy... on 23:19 - Mar 3 with 1630 viewsHerbivore

Holy... on 23:12 - Mar 3 by Trequartista

Why was he moving to the right when the shot went to the left. Wouldn't it be better to move to the left when the shot goes to the left?

I imagine he thought Chambers' slide would cover that angle so he was covering near post.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Holy... on 23:24 - Mar 3 with 1593 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Holy... on 23:12 - Mar 3 by Trequartista

He’d have been closer to his left post until Evans took that angle moving away to the right where Holy would have also moved to the right.

If he hadn’t he would have left a huge gap at his near post.

Can’t win there. He’s 6’10 and not going to get down quickly to a shot that’s taken 8 yards from him.

Shots across the body from a player moving away from goal are difficult when you’ve got no idea which side of the goal they are going for.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Holy... on 23:31 - Mar 3 with 1506 viewskizaitfc

Holy... on 23:17 - Mar 3 by DublinBlue84

He'll never be a good keeper since he has a serious weakness with low shots which Gillingham fans know all about since he conceded numerous similar goals for them and is prone to being too eccentric. As stated before, my Gillingham supporting mate told me what to expect in the summer and he's be totally right.

I agree that his kicking is generally decent and he can make good saves due to his aerial reach and it also helps with coming for balls and crossing, but he still has strengths and weaknesses, just like any player at this level. You need to remember what division we are in.

If he had those strengths and had no problems with low shots he'd be playing at a higher level though, but he does have a weakness and that's why he's playing in the third tier. You need to get real and realise that good players don't hang around in the third division very long. Most players at this level have some flaw or other. That's nothing against Holy, just the fact is that some people are putting him up on a pedestal which is laughable.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2020 23:17]

Wrong, he can work on these things and I'm sure he is.

Every keeper has a weakness, look at De Gea, look at Pickford they have weaknesses.

To just write a keeper off in the space of a month is just ridiculous

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Holy... on 23:34 - Mar 3 with 1482 viewsTrequartista

Holy... on 23:24 - Mar 3 by WarkTheWarkITFC

He’d have been closer to his left post until Evans took that angle moving away to the right where Holy would have also moved to the right.

If he hadn’t he would have left a huge gap at his near post.

Can’t win there. He’s 6’10 and not going to get down quickly to a shot that’s taken 8 yards from him.

Shots across the body from a player moving away from goal are difficult when you’ve got no idea which side of the goal they are going for.

I didn't criticise his positioning, and i don't have a problem with him attempting to save with his legs considering his height and the distance away, i just don't think he should be guessing by moving right. If he stays still he sticks a leg out and blocks that out.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Holy... on 23:37 - Mar 3 with 1452 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Holy... on 23:05 - Mar 3 by kizaitfc

He’s 28

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Holy... on 23:39 - Mar 3 with 1439 viewsDublinBlue84

Holy... on 23:31 - Mar 3 by kizaitfc

Wrong, he can work on these things and I'm sure he is.

Every keeper has a weakness, look at De Gea, look at Pickford they have weaknesses.

To just write a keeper off in the space of a month is just ridiculous

You're comparing a third tier keeper with international goalkeepers? seriously? You need to remember what league we are in and adjust your expectations of players accordingly.

Holy's issues with low shots are due to his height, unless he shrinks, I doubt they are going to improve since my Gills supporting friend says that it's always been the case with him from the moment he signed.

I'm not writing him off, I'm simply saying that he's a keeper with strengths and weaknesses, like pretty much most players who play at this level. If he didn't have a real weakness he'd not be playing for a third tier club.

You need to stop thinking of Championship standard keepers, we are not a championship club anymore and limited players or those with a flaw or two are commonplace in this division. Same with Norwood, some people expect him to finish every chance he has at this level, if he did with all his other attributes he'd be at a top end Championship club.

Holy... on 08:00 - Mar 4 with 1154 viewsSteve_M

Yep, was right in line with the shot. He had it covered and then let it spin in off his leg. There was a reason why Norris was playing for much of the season, he's a better keeper despite the mistakes.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Holy... on 08:08 - Mar 4 with 1120 viewsHerbivore

Holy... on 08:00 - Mar 4 by Steve_M

Yep, was right in line with the shot. He had it covered and then let it spin in off his leg. There was a reason why Norris was playing for much of the season, he's a better keeper despite the mistakes.

On the evidence of this season it's very hard to make a case that Norris is a better keeper.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024