Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I found out today that my nephew has been signed up by Norwich 22:44 - Mar 3 with 7220 viewsstickymockwell

And he had his Nodge trial at ITFC.
WTF??.
I can’t stand this anymore.

Give him a ball and a yard of grass
Poll: How many times have you looked at the table since full time yesterday?

I found out today that my nephew has been signed up by Norwich on 22:46 - Mar 3 with 7160 viewsSpruceMoose

East Anglia became a one club region a while back. Brutal, heartbreaking, but true.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

I found out today that my nephew has been signed up by Norwich on 22:55 - Mar 3 with 6953 viewsRyorry

I assume ME knew about this situation (taking your word that it's true & I'm not about to be whooshed). If not, why not, incompetence. If he did, just reinforces how little he understands about football in general & ITFC in particular.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

I found out today that my nephew has been signed up by Norwich on 23:00 - Mar 3 with 6811 viewsTrequartista

Norwich have an Elite Player Development Centre at Holywells High School in Ipswich
[Post edited 3 Mar 2020 23:01]

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

I found out today that my nephew has been signed up by Norwich on 23:01 - Mar 3 with 6807 viewsArnieM

Do why the f luck are ITFC allowing / running trials for the f. UcKiN scum???!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

I found out today that my nephew has been signed up by Norwich on 23:02 - Mar 3 with 6746 viewsclive_baker

Norwich have completely infiltrated Suffolk. Not just scooping up young fans but talented young players too for their academy. Lee O'neil touched on it at the London supporter event, said 'pushing them back' is a top priority, but the reality is every single aspect of our club is underfunded, and has been for year. Slowly by surely the implications of that start to show, and this is one of them.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

I found out today that my nephew has been signed up by Norwich on 23:08 - Mar 3 with 6634 viewsRegencyBlue

I found out today that my nephew has been signed up by Norwich on 22:55 - Mar 3 by Ryorry

I assume ME knew about this situation (taking your word that it's true & I'm not about to be whooshed). If not, why not, incompetence. If he did, just reinforces how little he understands about football in general & ITFC in particular.

The man hasn’t made a correct decision in twelve years of ownership.

He’s a football genius, not!
I found out today that my nephew has been signed up by Norwich on 23:43 - Mar 3 with 6370 viewshaynes_toe1

I found out today that my nephew has been signed up by Norwich on 23:01 - Mar 3 by ArnieM

Do why the f luck are ITFC allowing / running trials for the f. UcKiN scum???!

Because Nodge have invested millions over the past 10 years into youth development whilst we've ignored it.

The OPs example is extreme, although I have no reason to disbelieve it.

The fact they're in the prem with 4 of their players who have been in their academy starting most weeks is only the beginning, unfortunately.

Quick look shows they've signed 8 or so players this season from across globe for their different development teams. Future planning and proofing.

I'm not sure how we recover and take control of Suffolk youth development without significant money we dont have, but it has to be our first aim
I found out today that my nephew has been signed up by Norwich on 00:14 - Mar 4 with 6142 viewsFrimleyBlue

For those wandering of his post was false info. I can confirm it is correct. There are various clubs trials that take place at itfc. We had a player on trial there 6 weeks ago for Colchester.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Login to get fewer ads

I found out today that my nephew has been signed up by Norwich on 06:19 - Mar 4 with 5708 viewsDeano69

Norwich have academy’s for all ages and both male/female in Ipswich. It is a bit of a money maker imo.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

I found out today that my nephew has been signed up by Norwich on 06:27 - Mar 4 with 5664 viewsTractorWood

It's probably a scam. Norwich send 'scouts' to various age group games and then approach the parents to play for their 'academy'. It usually involves 6 weeks of training they have to pay for and buying full kit and training gear.

Naïve parents generally fall for it not knowing that any truly talented player would be treated like a god by a prospective club and that 95% of the other parents have been approached.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2020 6:28]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

I found out today that my nephew has been signed up by Norwich on 07:52 - Mar 4 with 5300 viewsMattinLondon

This post and subsequent comments is probably the most depressing thing I’ve read on here.
I found out today that my nephew has been signed up by Norwich on 07:56 - Mar 4 with 5270 viewsSteve_M

I found out today that my nephew has been signed up by Norwich on 23:02 - Mar 3 by clive_baker

Norwich have completely infiltrated Suffolk. Not just scooping up young fans but talented young players too for their academy. Lee O'neil touched on it at the London supporter event, said 'pushing them back' is a top priority, but the reality is every single aspect of our club is underfunded, and has been for year. Slowly by surely the implications of that start to show, and this is one of them.

Yes, it's clear we stopped worrying about anything other than the first team for far too long.
Lambert's positive legacy might just be that he - along with LON - has woken Evans up to the damage that has been done as a result.

Without proper funding though, we're not going to make any impression against a side with parachute payments and a developed infrastructure.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

I found out today that my nephew has been signed up by Norwich on 09:50 - Mar 4 with 4853 viewshaynes_toe1

I found out today that my nephew has been signed up by Norwich on 07:56 - Mar 4 by Steve_M

Yes, it's clear we stopped worrying about anything other than the first team for far too long.
Lambert's positive legacy might just be that he - along with LON - has woken Evans up to the damage that has been done as a result.

Without proper funding though, we're not going to make any impression against a side with parachute payments and a developed infrastructure.

I don't know if this is the case as i'm not local any more but it does feel like we completely stopped funding in this area completely, and now it'd take a substantial investment to try and claw something back. Had we kept up our end maybe Norwich wouldn't have been able to so easily take over - moreso they may have not bothered?!
I found out today that my nephew has been signed up by Norwich on 10:53 - Mar 4 with 4700 viewsDoctor_Earman

We've been cucked. Simple as.
I found out today that my nephew has been signed up by Norwich on 10:57 - Mar 4 with 4676 viewsBlueBlood90

First of all, congratulations to your nephew!

However, as an Ipswich fan that makes me feel sick as a pig.

Why are we ignoring our local talent and allowing Norwich to pick them up? And not only that, we're assisting them in doing so!

For a club that refuses to spend money on players anymore, this should be an absolute no brainer to be scouting our young lads in the area and investing our time and money into it.

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

I found out today that my nephew has been signed up by Norwich on 11:37 - Mar 4 with 4570 viewsHARRY10

I found out today that my nephew has been signed up by Norwich on 07:56 - Mar 4 by Steve_M

This thought underpins my believe that Lambert is here for the long time. And it also underlines the shambles the club is in. Something I suspect Lambert has pointed out to Evans.

If previous managers have been given a remit to focus solely on promotion then it is not too hard to see how the rest has fallen away.

For what I have seen Lambert has been the only manager to even comment on the sorry state of affairs. So simply trying to hound him out will not end the rot, nor turn it round.

For too long we have been underfunded in this area. Surely the money from sales of youngsters to Man City, Arsenal etc should have been ploughed back into youth development. Something that should not be subject to fund raising initiatives, as before.

And I would suggest that spending more money on good quality coaches has far more effect than the equivilant on over age has beens.

Finally, the question is do we won't to rebuild the club from the bottom up and accept patience - or listen to the siren voices of a gaggle of pimply freds who demand 'our place in the sun'. Success should be a right not something earned.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2020 11:56]
I found out today that my nephew has been signed up by Norwich on 11:42 - Mar 4 with 4549 viewsthebooks

NCFC have been providing football training for primary schools in the town for a few years now. My kids went to the sessions they ran for St Helen’s (Liam Trotter’s alma mater) at Goals, which were excellent.

Club is rotten top to bottom.
I found out today that my nephew has been signed up by Norwich on 11:53 - Mar 4 with 4498 viewsRyorry

I found out today that my nephew has been signed up by Norwich on 11:42 - Mar 4 by thebooks

NCFC have been providing football training for primary schools in the town for a few years now. My kids went to the sessions they ran for St Helen’s (Liam Trotter’s alma mater) at Goals, which were excellent.

Cripes. Upped for the info, not for the situation!

So so sadly have to agree with your last para. Someone said t'other day how well N*****h are run these days & it's like being crushed by a 40 ton wagon to realise that they are at that end of the spectrum & we are 180 degrees pole opposite, with all the world in-between.

It's like ME has been like a car jack incrementally widening the distance between the 2 clubs since he bought ITFC.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

I found out today that my nephew has been signed up by Norwich on 14:57 - Mar 4 with 4157 viewsthebooks

I found out today that my nephew has been signed up by Norwich on 11:53 - Mar 4 by Ryorry

Cripes. Upped for the info, not for the situation!

So so sadly have to agree with your last para. Someone said t'other day how well N*****h are run these days & it's like being crushed by a 40 ton wagon to realise that they are at that end of the spectrum & we are 180 degrees pole opposite, with all the world in-between.

It's like ME has been like a car jack incrementally widening the distance between the 2 clubs since he bought ITFC.

Yes, this sort of stuff gets lost in the “well, he’s been pumping in £x to keep us running”. We've been kept afloat, and that’s about it.

The more the fans keep the pressure on him, the better.
I found out today that my nephew has been signed up by Norwich on 15:29 - Mar 4 with 4043 viewsPhilTWTD

I found out today that my nephew has been signed up by Norwich on 11:42 - Mar 4 by thebooks

Town have recruited Jason Curtis, who was running Norwich's set-up in Suffolk, to run the Community Trust in order to address that situation.
I found out today that my nephew has been signed up by Norwich on 16:25 - Mar 4 with 3928 viewsthebooks

I found out today that my nephew has been signed up by Norwich on 15:29 - Mar 4 by PhilTWTD

Town have recruited Jason Curtis, who was running Norwich's set-up in Suffolk, to run the Community Trust in order to address that situation.

That’s good news, and is probably due to some of the pressure from here the first time round this came up.

The fact it’s taken years to sort out shows what a state we’re in. The original reason they gave for not providing coaching was it costs too much, which is frankly pathetic.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024