Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
PRP says it is because we expect too much 22:52 - Mar 3 with 3929 viewsBluefish

Not his fault

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

PRP says it is because we expect too much on 22:53 - Mar 3 with 3869 viewsSwailsey

Has he surfaced?!

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

PRP says it is because we expect too much on 22:54 - Mar 3 with 3816 viewshamburger_sv

Back to calling Lambert 'PRP'. Whatever happened to 'Shambert'?

Poll: Who would be the best owner for Ipswich Town?

PRP says it is because we expect too much on 22:55 - Mar 3 with 3694 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

All I’m hearing is excuses.

Struggling to deal with pressure of being in the third division of English football, pull the other one Paul.

Saturday he said there was no issue with expectancy levels, and that the players have to rise to the club levels.

Let that sink in.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2020 22:57]

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

PRP says it is because we expect too much on 22:56 - Mar 3 with 3665 viewsfooters

PRP says it is because we expect too much on 22:53 - Mar 3 by Swailsey

Has he surfaced?!

"Everybody is suffering. Without a doubt everybody is suffering. The whole football club, the supporters, players, staff. Everybody is suffering. Because the club is not winning. The expectancy levels on us are huge and we’re finding that hard to deal with."

P.S. Thought being the hunted would suit us?
[Post edited 3 Mar 2020 22:56]

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

PRP says it is because we expect too much on 22:56 - Mar 3 with 3640 viewsSitfcB

PRP says it is because we expect too much on 22:54 - Mar 3 by hamburger_sv

Back to calling Lambert 'PRP'. Whatever happened to 'Shambert'?

Rotation innit.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

PRP says it is because we expect too much on 22:57 - Mar 3 with 3574 viewsRonFearonsHair

The good news is that nobody in their right mind will be expecting us to win on Saturday.
PRP says it is because we expect too much on 22:58 - Mar 3 with 3519 viewsSwailsey

PRP says it is because we expect too much on 22:56 - Mar 3 by SitfcB

Rotation innit.

Poetry.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

PRP says it is because we expect too much on 22:58 - Mar 3 with 3498 viewsgainsboroughblue

PRP says it is because we expect too much on 22:56 - Mar 3 by footers

"Everybody is suffering. Without a doubt everybody is suffering. The whole football club, the supporters, players, staff. Everybody is suffering. Because the club is not winning. The expectancy levels on us are huge and we’re finding that hard to deal with."

He's doing a fantastic job in lowering our expectations.

What's our new aim. To finish in the top half?

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Login to get fewer ads

PRP says it is because we expect too much on 22:59 - Mar 3 with 3442 viewspointofblue

We've got to a point where the club cannot cope with being expected to beat Fleetwood at home?

I have to laugh otherwise I'd cry.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

PRP says it is because we expect too much on 22:59 - Mar 3 with 3425 viewsTown_Boy

If you can’t take the pressure don’t play for Ipswich he said that only last week! THICK TW@T

At the end of the day... It is night
Poll: What stand will you be renewing with the new prices

PRP says it is because we expect too much on 22:59 - Mar 3 with 3413 viewsBluefish

If he was still good at PR he would have just blamed Skuse and probably Knudsen

PRP says it is because we expect too much on 23:01 - Mar 3 with 3340 viewsSwansea_Blue

I don't expect us to win, but I would like to see some evidence that we've worked on developing a coherent team. It's jumpers for goalposts at the mooment.

Where's the progression, the stabilty and partnerships in key areas, the incremental approach preserving what's good and tweaking what's not working, the clear understanding on the pitch of what we're supposed to be doing, etc...? It'd be nice if he could explain what he's trying to do.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

PRP says it is because we expect too much on 23:01 - Mar 3 with 3315 viewsfooters

PRP says it is because we expect too much on 22:58 - Mar 3 by gainsboroughblue

When you state that not getting promoted would be a failure, who is setting expectations here?

PRP says it is because we expect too much on 23:02 - Mar 3 with 3289 viewsLankHenners

In a whole season of making sh!t excuses that has to be the worst one.

If he or the players are struggling with the pressure of wanting for more than being below the likes of Fleetwood Town and Wycombe Wanderers in the 3rd division then they should all go asap. A disgraceful and pathetic comment. The stupid tw@t was saying at the start of the season that we should be aiming to be right up there so it's quite the climbdown and following his logic he's at fault for setting expectations too high.

The other option is that he's taking the piss and saying all this with a forced straight face because he knows he's here to stay because he successfully conned an incompetent owner into handing him a massive contract.

Shambles of a club. Needs gutting out.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

PRP says it is because we expect too much on 23:02 - Mar 3 with 3274 viewsBluefish

PRP says it is because we expect too much on 23:01 - Mar 3 by Swansea_Blue

I don't expect us to win, but I would like to see some evidence that we've worked on developing a coherent team. It's jumpers for goalposts at the mooment.

Where's the progression, the stabilty and partnerships in key areas, the incremental approach preserving what's good and tweaking what's not working, the clear understanding on the pitch of what we're supposed to be doing, etc...? It'd be nice if he could explain what he's trying to do.

That was all obvious last season but people refused to see it

PRP says it is because we expect too much on 23:03 - Mar 3 with 3242 viewsSwansea_Blue

Within the last week he claimed he was targetting top two. Now we all laughed of course, but to now claim the fans are putting the pressue on is nuts.

He's lost it.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

PRP says it is because we expect too much on 23:03 - Mar 3 with 3212 viewsfooters

PRP says it is because we expect too much on 23:01 - Mar 3 by Swansea_Blue

At least with jumpers for goalposts we might sneak a 42-39 win before teatime.

PRP says it is because we expect too much on 23:07 - Mar 3 with 3075 viewspatrickswell

There is a degree of hard honesty here which we should maybe be grateful for. But it is the most damning quote I think I’ve ever heard about our club. It essentially says, “We can’t cope with pressure and expectation. Please let us go back to being mediocre and we can try to make you feel good about supporting us with gimmicks and tricks. Just don’t expect glory. That’s for other people, other clubs, other fans. Please take what you’re given and stop stressing us out.”

They’ve all got to go.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2020 23:08]
PRP says it is because we expect too much on 23:11 - Mar 3 with 2958 viewsChurchman

PRP says it is because we expect too much on 22:55 - Mar 3 by TheTrueBlue1878

All I’m hearing is excuses.

Struggling to deal with pressure of being in the third division of English football, pull the other one Paul.

Saturday he said there was no issue with expectancy levels, and that the players have to rise to the club levels.

Let that sink in.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2020 22:57]

Tin pot club from top to bottom. A faceless owner whose quick buck plan blew up in his face 10 years ago, a series of managers with no idea bar one limited one who wasn’t backed, players who either can’t compete and/or cannot be bothered, a run down stadium and facilities. The club is shrinking year after year and will probably be favourites for relegation next year.

I’ve followed this club since 1968. My dad goes back to 1938 and his father to Southern Amateur League days. I’m heartbroken. I know how special it was. I no longer have a club and my interest in football has waned with it. Sheepshanks and more particularly Evans took it away through grotesque incompetence. All that’s left is a faded badge and memories.

People who followed a once great club deserve so much better, but sadly there is no way back now. ITFC is a memory. One day maybe a new club will emerge. As was said when the club turned professional in the 30s, there is demand for professional football in this part of the world. But for that to happen it will need people who care.
PRP says it is because we expect too much on 23:19 - Mar 3 with 2801 viewsBluesquid

"What's our new aim. To finish in the top half?"

The status quo - a long stay in division 3 with large amounts of babbling so Lambo can see his 5 year contract out, the players can pick up their wages without too much exertion and without the playoffs messing up their holiday plans and Evans not being troubled about making expensive signings.
PRP says it is because we expect too much on 23:32 - Mar 3 with 2644 viewsBluedanW

That heavy expectation of hoping a club might be able to win more than 4 games in 20. Or manage more than 1 shot on target a game
PRP says it is because we expect too much on 23:34 - Mar 3 with 2602 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

PRP says it is because we expect too much on 23:11 - Mar 3 by Churchman

Tin pot club from top to bottom. A faceless owner whose quick buck plan blew up in his face 10 years ago, a series of managers with no idea bar one limited one who wasn’t backed, players who either can’t compete and/or cannot be bothered, a run down stadium and facilities. The club is shrinking year after year and will probably be favourites for relegation next year.

I’ve followed this club since 1968. My dad goes back to 1938 and his father to Southern Amateur League days. I’m heartbroken. I know how special it was. I no longer have a club and my interest in football has waned with it. Sheepshanks and more particularly Evans took it away through grotesque incompetence. All that’s left is a faded badge and memories.

People who followed a once great club deserve so much better, but sadly there is no way back now. ITFC is a memory. One day maybe a new club will emerge. As was said when the club turned professional in the 30s, there is demand for professional football in this part of the world. But for that to happen it will need people who care.

I think the fans have rode the storm of mid table mediocrity for long enough and deserve something to look forward to, to hope for, that’s what being a fan is all about.

And yet we now have a manager who is encouraging us to lower expectations in the English third division. What does he want us to do? Dream of being a mid table team in League 1.

Mick had us as a mid table mediocre team Paul, but he was doing it in the division higher than you.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

PRP says it is because we expect too much on 23:36 - Mar 3 with 2568 viewsSwailsey

PRP says it is because we expect too much on 23:03 - Mar 3 by Swansea_Blue

Within the last week he claimed he was targetting top two. Now we all laughed of course, but to now claim the fans are putting the pressue on is nuts.

He's lost it.

I’ve said it before. He’s a maniac.

PRP says it is because we expect too much on 07:04 - Mar 4 with 2236 viewsBlueBadger

Would this be the manager who promised us he was aiming for the division title in the summer?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

PRP says it is because we expect too much on 07:06 - Mar 4 with 2223 viewsBlueBadger

PRP says it is because we expect too much on 23:03 - Mar 3 by Swansea_Blue

He's lost it.

When did he 'have it'?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024