Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
You are a disgrace if... 00:51 - Mar 4 with 5619 viewsBerkshire_Blue

You were one of the people booing our team during and after the game last night. I went to my first Ipswich Town game, aged 14, in 1967 and have been a fan/supporter ever since. From Bill McGarry to Bobby Robson to all the managers since then who have struggled to live up to the wonderful years we enjoyed under SBR. Some have come close (Burley for one) yet most have failed but nothing has stopped me loving this club. But last night I was ashamed when I saw that the players who went to applaud you were shamefully repaid by being booed by you. Did Tyreece Simpson deserve that at 18? He has only just signed his first pro contract, with Ipswich, and look how you greeted him. To compound your disgraceful behaviour, some of you then came on this forum and had a go at the few fans who clapped our players at the end.
Do you think these players, this manager, are dishonest people?
Bobby Robson once said that Ipswich is a club where the team have to lift the fans. Nothing has changed in the 39 years since he left. Fathers pass on their self-entitlement to their sons.
Why is it that when you see players strive honestly and fail, you cannot lift them? I laugh when I read the comments on this forum by all you brave keyboard warriors, who all believe you can do a better job than a manager. But I hang my head when I read comments from so-called Ipswich fans here that are couched in the most abusive, foul terms from the safety of made-up names
I am surprised at the connivance of the so-called moderators of this site who allow it to go on, rather than expose the people who think it is acceptable to write those words because they are paying customers of ITFC and are entitled. Paul Lambert is wrong to say they have to accept criticism from fans. Not from you they don't. You have one job, you are there to support them through thick and thin and if you can't do that you are not supporters of the club I love.
I know that if the team string a few wins together you will be singing their praises again.
And that makes you hypocrites.
You are a disgrace if... on 01:11 - Mar 4 with 4987 viewsFifeITFC

That's right, you simpletons. You need to applaud another dire performance and result because they're "honest" people even though the majority of them aren't good enough and/or don't seem to care.

I'm sorry, I'm normally very supportive and patient with managers etc and don't want us to be a club that chops and changes (citing the success that Sir Bobby brought in time). But the game has changed dramatically from Sir Bobby's days.

Fundamentally there is something massively wrong at the club IMO. 6 defeats out of 8, dropping from top to 9th, a whopping 12 points behind the leaders (who also have 2 games in hand).

I think that does warrant fans showing their displeasure, no? At the end of the day, we are all hurting but the last few years have been unacceptable. We should not be in this position in League 1, especially after the start we had. The manager etc are not good enough, pure and simple.

I'm glad I wasn't there tonight because I'm bloody livid.

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

You are a disgrace if... on 01:14 - Mar 4 with 4974 viewsitfctim

And that load of drivel makes you an absolute snowflake. If you are happy with that dross, its YOU who should be hanging your head in shame. What a load of tosh you spout!
You are a disgrace if... on 01:16 - Mar 4 with 4966 viewsBrixtonBlue

Comments from the safety of made-up names? Is Berkshire Blue your real name then?

It's an impassioned rant you've pasted here but fans are fully entitled to show their displeasure both here and after the game. Should we just sit on our hands and do nothing? People booing (or ranting on here) love the club just as much as you do. They do those things because they want to see change... and because they're hurting. To call them a disgrace is disgraceful in itself.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

You are a disgrace if... on 01:23 - Mar 4 with 4936 viewstextbackup

when you have the likes of Nolan, judge , keane, chambers putting in a 3/10 then yes they deserve it, and more.

utter disgrace to the shirt that lot. don't even start me on fcking earl

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

You are a disgrace if... on 01:43 - Mar 4 with 4894 viewsIllinoisblue

Nah, fook em. They got cheered and clapped for getting relegated. S5it got real this season and they’re not up to it.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

You are a disgrace if... on 06:35 - Mar 4 with 4521 viewsbluelagos

Gtf.

I never booed anyone last night, never shouted against Evans.

But the few who actually applauded that shower of sh1t performance last night for me are an embarrassment. If that was an acceptable performance to you, and given your tone, seriously,go fck yourself.

And if Phil wants to ban for me that comment, no problem.

And I would say it your face, just as I did to the few who were applauding that last night.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

You are a disgrace if... on 06:37 - Mar 4 with 4511 viewsbluelagos

You are a disgrace if... on 06:35 - Mar 4 by bluelagos

Gtf.

But the few who actually applauded that shower of sh1t performance last night for me are an embarrassment. If that was an acceptable performance to you, and given your tone, seriously,go fck yourself.

And I would say it your face, just as I did to the few who were applauding that last night.

And I fully understand those who did boo the manager, players and owner.

You are a disgrace if... on 06:39 - Mar 4 with 4498 viewsColchesterBlue1985

Even the players admit they got away with murder last season. The murder of this club. They know it. We have amongst the softest fans in the division probably in the country. The players and coaching staff and then ultimately the owner need to take a long hard look at themselves, this is on them not us. They deserved dogs abuse last night and got it. Pathetic performance in what was billed a do or die game.
Login to get fewer ads

You are a disgrace if... on 06:42 - Mar 4 with 4479 viewsyesjohn99

You’re boring.
You are a disgrace if... on 06:43 - Mar 4 with 4469 viewstextbackup

You are a disgrace if... on 06:42 - Mar 4 by yesjohn99

You’re boring.

#usedannualleaveforthat

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

You are a disgrace if... on 06:45 - Mar 4 with 4451 viewsWarkystache

You are a disgrace if... on 06:37 - Mar 4 by bluelagos

And I fully understand those who did boo the manager, players and owner.

I didn't go last night. It felt a bit of a guilt trip at 7ish as I drove down the A14 past Haughley, but it went just after Needham.

I'm a disgrace. Man hands on misery to man.

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

You are a disgrace if... on 06:56 - Mar 4 with 4359 viewsSuperfrans

You are a disgrace if... on 06:35 - Mar 4 by bluelagos

Gtf.

Ever thought they were applauding those kids who were out there and putting in a shift, as best they could?

Just as those booing will argue they were selectively booing those who played badly, so can those clapping argue they were clapping those who need support.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

You are a disgrace if... on 07:04 - Mar 4 with 4297 viewsbluelagos

You are a disgrace if... on 06:56 - Mar 4 by Superfrans

Ever thought they were applauding those kids who were out there and putting in a shift, as best they could?

Just as those booing will argue they were selectively booing those who played badly, so can those clapping argue they were clapping those who need support.

Never thought that no. I did ask them but never got a reply. (Albeit last night the general mood wasnt conducive to a sensible chat)

Sometimes showing your displeasure is fully justified imho. And the end of one of the most turgid perfromances is surely the time?

*but yeah, i do feel something for the younguns who wouldnt have enjoyed the toxic atmosphere. And again, i never booed anyone for the record.

You are a disgrace if... on 07:29 - Mar 4 with 4126 viewsbackwaywhen

You are a disgrace if... on 07:04 - Mar 4 by bluelagos

Never thought that no. I did ask them but never got a reply. (Albeit last night the general mood wasnt conducive to a sensible chat)

Sometimes showing your displeasure is fully justified imho. And the end of one of the most turgid perfromances is surely the time?

*but yeah, i do feel something for the younguns who wouldnt have enjoyed the toxic atmosphere. And again, i never booed anyone for the record.

Lambert knew that was coming and should have held those young ones back from it all ..... let the seniors take the flack , the man is a con artist !
You are a disgrace if... on 07:49 - Mar 4 with 4034 viewsOxford_Blue

You are a disgrace if... on 01:11 - Mar 4 by FifeITFC

That's right, you simpletons. You need to applaud another dire performance and result because they're "honest" people even though the majority of them aren't good enough and/or don't seem to care.

I'm sorry, I'm normally very supportive and patient with managers etc and don't want us to be a club that chops and changes (citing the success that Sir Bobby brought in time). But the game has changed dramatically from Sir Bobby's days.

Fundamentally there is something massively wrong at the club IMO. 6 defeats out of 8, dropping from top to 9th, a whopping 12 points behind the leaders (who also have 2 games in hand).

I think that does warrant fans showing their displeasure, no? At the end of the day, we are all hurting but the last few years have been unacceptable. We should not be in this position in League 1, especially after the start we had. The manager etc are not good enough, pure and simple.

I'm glad I wasn't there tonight because I'm bloody livid.

It’s self defeating to boo and attack the players during the game. It’s petulant childish moronic behaviour. Do it afterwards, protest outside but give them 100% support during the game.

Chambers was in tears, the younger lads’ confidence destroyed, the atmosphere toxic. Fact is some on here and some fans REVEL in this situation because it empowers them and they get a change to feel important.
You are a disgrace if... on 08:45 - Mar 4 with 3915 viewsYeet1981

You are a disgrace if... on 07:49 - Mar 4 by Oxford_Blue

It’s self defeating to boo and attack the players during the game. It’s petulant childish moronic behaviour. Do it afterwards, protest outside but give them 100% support during the game.

Chambers was in tears, the younger lads’ confidence destroyed, the atmosphere toxic. Fact is some on here and some fans REVEL in this situation because it empowers them and they get a change to feel important.

I’m sure as they got into the range rovers and drove to there big houses they were still shedding a tear. Without us paying our money they are nothing. So to play the way they have for past season and a half is embarrassing. We got relegated and they got a hero’s reception. We all deserve better.
You are a disgrace if... on 08:52 - Mar 4 with 3883 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

They deserved more than that last night, more booing. They are absolutely terrible.

They aren't fit to wash the shirts, let alone wear them.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

You are a disgrace if... on 08:55 - Mar 4 with 3863 viewsOxford_Blue

You are a disgrace if... on 08:45 - Mar 4 by Yeet1981

I’m sure as they got into the range rovers and drove to there big houses they were still shedding a tear. Without us paying our money they are nothing. So to play the way they have for past season and a half is embarrassing. We got relegated and they got a hero’s reception. We all deserve better.

They aren’t paid that much - they took pay cuts. Are you suggesting they don’t care? They clearly do care. They just can’t win.
You are a disgrace if... on 09:02 - Mar 4 with 3821 viewsgordon

Chambers, Skuse, Dozzell and one or two others will care deeply about ITFC.

For the likes of Keane, Garbutt, Nolan, Judge etc. more important will be the realisation that the fans of their club think they are sh*t, and with that, the fact that their own reputation, earning power and worth will be lessened.
You are a disgrace if... on 09:11 - Mar 4 with 3780 viewsmatt1502

Boring at best- wow how you ramble. I love people like you, who call anyone that expresses an opinion a "so called fan". It is people like you, renewing blindly, silently suffering, that cause the state the club is in. People "like you", allow "people like Evans" the chance to prey on their loyalty. I am not one of these people that believes we should be brilliant just because of who we are, however, Evans has ruined this club, yes he puts in £5-6 million a year, BUT he also charges us up to 7.2% interest per year on money he could lend for FREE as it is loans from his other companies- work that out Sherlock, ITFC could borrow from a financial institution for a MAXIMUM AVERAGE of 3.2%!!! This is how the club is run, but "people like you" would rather we keep quiet! Drone on buddy!
You are a disgrace if... on 09:17 - Mar 4 with 3743 viewsWickets

I don't like the sound of the boos and jeers during and after the game but know how fans and i am one feel after that sort of performance . Apart from one or two first half was devoid of effort and this was a game that the manager had said was a "must win and we must go for it "For me even the players who have not got quality can provide the effort so on that front alone last night was unacceptable . No i wont boo or jeer but i just stand in silence each to their own but make no mistake i am bitterly disappointed same as everyone one else . Miserable attendance ,miserable performance ,miserable club .
You are a disgrace if... on 09:24 - Mar 4 with 3718 viewsSwansea_Blue

Good rant. that's what we like to see on here

Fair points in the main as well. I'm torn. That was as bad a half of 'football' as you'll ever see, so can fully understand people's frustration and I'm not going to criticise anyone for making their feelings known.

But on the flip side, I've never seen a performance improved by players being abused and I have seen players lift their game with good, vocal support. So logic suggests booing is utterly pointless and counterproductive. I've never booed the players and never will, as they're rudderless. They'll be hurting as much as us. And as you say, what have people like Simpson, Bish, McGavin done to deserve people spitting abuse at them - how will that help?

It's sadly common in football nowadays. People angry all the time.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

You are a disgrace if... on 09:34 - Mar 4 with 3670 viewsr2d2

No they arnt. People are sick of this sh!te.
You are a disgrace if... on 17:49 - Mar 4 with 3386 viewslondontractorboy57

You are a disgrace if... on 09:11 - Mar 4 by matt1502

Boring at best- wow how you ramble. I love people like you, who call anyone that expresses an opinion a "so called fan". It is people like you, renewing blindly, silently suffering, that cause the state the club is in. People "like you", allow "people like Evans" the chance to prey on their loyalty. I am not one of these people that believes we should be brilliant just because of who we are, however, Evans has ruined this club, yes he puts in £5-6 million a year, BUT he also charges us up to 7.2% interest per year on money he could lend for FREE as it is loans from his other companies- work that out Sherlock, ITFC could borrow from a financial institution for a MAXIMUM AVERAGE of 3.2%!!! This is how the club is run, but "people like you" would rather we keep quiet! Drone on buddy!

The difference is a financial institution expects to be paid back
You are a disgrace if... on 18:10 - Mar 4 with 3348 viewsjeera

You are a disgrace if... on 09:11 - Mar 4 by matt1502

"... he also charges us up to 7.2% interest per year."

Does he? Where does that come from?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024