Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I’ll tell you what 03:17 - Mar 4 with 1428 viewsNewcyBlue

Whilst waiting outside the stadium for Yasmin and KJ a few of the players came out to go home. They stopped and spoke and took photos, signed autographs for everyone that asked them to. After they had been booed off the pitch.

Don’t ever say they don’t care. They don’t want to be faced with people that tell them they’re doing a rubbish job, but they walked out and faced them.

I have a photo of Seb with Chambers, it’s absolutely the world to him (Seb not Chambers). It’s a footballer that he barely knows. It’s something different. Somebody that he has seen on telly or whatever. It’s a connection to a town that he shouldn’t have a connection with.

The football was turgid. Lambert needs to go.

Let’s not go again. Not for Lambert. He doesn’t deserve it.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

I’ll tell you what on 03:42 - Mar 4 with 1365 viewsWacko

Professional sports people are like machines, they spend their lives following the exact regimes needed to make it to the top, as advised by their litany of coaches. In general they have very little independent thought. They are intensely competitive and will do anything to win, which means running their guts out.

I have no issue with our players. There are players worse than them who are in far more successful teams. The system is the only problem and how to implement it. With a clueless owner and yet another dinosaur manager its proving to be tricky.

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

I’ll tell you what on 03:47 - Mar 4 with 1361 viewsRyorry

This is the thing. No player ever wants to play badly. What must they think when the team and formation are changed every week & they don't have any kind of regular plan that they are so used to and well-drilled in that playing that way is an instinct? What must they have thought when the team sheet came out yesterday? Wish I could have been a fly on the wall for some of the private convos between players.

The 'fans thinking it's as simple as FM' is regularly laughed at on here. But it really isn't rocket science to put together our best 11 in a coherent formation & coach them in that is it? and some of the suggestions for teams & formations by various TWTDers (incl those who play & coach locally) seem perfectly competent to me (even tho I'm no expert).

What's so worrying tho is ME's track record in picking managers - he *must* get better advisor/s if we're not to end up in even worse sh1t. What new advisors would people want him to have - Butcher + Klug + ?

As far as selling the club's concerned - outsiders from overseas could be a gamble that goes horribly wrong. Sufficiently wealthy UK individuals who'd behave with integrity unlikely. Could a consortium of wealthy individuals with some kind of connection with the club be a possibility? Just thinking out loud really. It's late, I'm knackered & needed to vent. I always find it hard to wind down after league games at the best of times, and this is the worst of times - and I'm usually a born flippin optimist!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

I’ll tell you what (n/t) on 02:58 - Mar 5 with 617 viewsnorth_stand77

I’ll tell you what on 03:47 - Mar 4 by Ryorry

This is the thing. No player ever wants to play badly. What must they think when the team and formation are changed every week & they don't have any kind of regular plan that they are so used to and well-drilled in that playing that way is an instinct? What must they have thought when the team sheet came out yesterday? Wish I could have been a fly on the wall for some of the private convos between players.

The 'fans thinking it's as simple as FM' is regularly laughed at on here. But it really isn't rocket science to put together our best 11 in a coherent formation & coach them in that is it? and some of the suggestions for teams & formations by various TWTDers (incl those who play & coach locally) seem perfectly competent to me (even tho I'm no expert).

What's so worrying tho is ME's track record in picking managers - he *must* get better advisor/s if we're not to end up in even worse sh1t. What new advisors would people want him to have - Butcher + Klug + ?

As far as selling the club's concerned - outsiders from overseas could be a gamble that goes horribly wrong. Sufficiently wealthy UK individuals who'd behave with integrity unlikely. Could a consortium of wealthy individuals with some kind of connection with the club be a possibility? Just thinking out loud really. It's late, I'm knackered & needed to vent. I always find it hard to wind down after league games at the best of times, and this is the worst of times - and I'm usually a born flippin optimist!

[Post edited 5 Mar 2020 9:40]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024