Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Financial Fair Play and sacking Lambert 07:35 - Mar 4 with 1425 viewsdaisyisabaddog

I think most of us would like to see Lambert gone but can we sack him and stay within FFP rules? We must be pushing the 60% rule already so would a large pay off push us over the limit? I have a nasty feeling that we're stuck with him
Financial Fair Play and sacking Lambert on 07:50 - Mar 4 with 1360 viewsWD19

We need an accountant....

It’s suddenly occurred to me that a 5 year contract for him may allow us to amortise his payoff over a longer period than, say, if he had a shorter contract.....
Financial Fair Play and sacking Lambert on 07:55 - Mar 4 with 1342 viewsGuthrum

It will need a detailed reading of the rules, but wouldn't have thought a payoff would come under "wages" any more.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Financial Fair Play and sacking Lambert on 09:56 - Mar 4 with 1235 viewsfergalsharkey

Financial Fair Play and sacking Lambert on 07:50 - Mar 4 by WD19

We need an accountant....

It’s suddenly occurred to me that a 5 year contract for him may allow us to amortise his payoff over a longer period than, say, if he had a shorter contract.....

We did have an accountant but he left the club citing underfunding on calculators and kettles.

Poll: Cook out?

Financial Fair Play and sacking Lambert on 11:34 - Mar 4 with 1170 viewskizaitfc

A) Don't think it's in the same category as players wages

B) Don't think the pay off is as large as you'd expect, ME may not be a great football club owner but he is a shrewd businessman he wouldn't have created a rod for his own back on this one. I expect once promotion is not possible he will be quite cheap to remove.

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Financial Fair Play and sacking Lambert on 12:16 - Mar 4 with 1117 viewsHARRY10

Financial Fair Play and sacking Lambert on 11:34 - Mar 4 by kizaitfc

A) Don't think it's in the same category as players wages

B) Don't think the pay off is as large as you'd expect, ME may not be a great football club owner but he is a shrewd businessman he wouldn't have created a rod for his own back on this one. I expect once promotion is not possible he will be quite cheap to remove.

Any payoff would see Lambert's contract paid u[ ie the remaining years

This is rarely done as one lamp sum.

It is usually paid as per the contract - and if the person then takes another similar job in football any pay from that is deducted fom the 'paid up' contract

Lamert, it would seem, has been given a new contract to turn the club around - not just the squad.

Sacking him will merely put that needed action nack down the snake to the first row and we will have to start again.

Last night merely showed that he inherited a bunch of 'no hopers' - that being the reason many joined and/or have stayed with us.. Personally I would like to see any available money in that area used to subsidise loans out of players who clearly are not up to what we require.
Financial Fair Play and sacking Lambert on 12:18 - Mar 4 with 1108 viewsitfcjoe

Financial Fair Play and sacking Lambert on 12:16 - Mar 4 by HARRY10

It is usually paid as per the contract - and if the person then takes another similar job in football any pay from that is deducted fom the 'paid up' contract

Lamert, it would seem, has been given a new contract to turn the club around - not just the squad.

Sacking him will merely put that needed action nack down the snake to the first row and we will have to start again.

Last night merely showed that he inherited a bunch of 'no hopers' - that being the reason many joined and/or have stayed with us.. Personally I would like to see any available money in that area used to subsidise loans out of players who clearly are not up to what we require.

There's no way on earth the whole contract would need to be paid up.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Financial Fair Play and sacking Lambert on 12:29 - Mar 4 with 1070 viewskizaitfc

Financial Fair Play and sacking Lambert on 12:16 - Mar 4 by HARRY10

It would not be the whole contract, there will be termination clauses in his contract.

However I do agree with you regarding the need to spend that money on the squad rather than sacking PL

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Financial Fair Play and sacking Lambert on 12:38 - Mar 4 with 1036 viewsSimonds92

Financial Fair Play and sacking Lambert on 12:29 - Mar 4 by kizaitfc

It would not be the whole contract, there will be termination clauses in his contract.

However I do agree with you regarding the need to spend that money on the squad rather than sacking PL

I think this is ridiculous, why would you keep backing a manager so tactically inept? I do think that he has done a good job in terms of recruitment but he's completely clueless when it comes to setting them up.
Login to get fewer ads

Financial Fair Play and sacking Lambert on 12:45 - Mar 4 with 1014 viewsHARRY10

Financial Fair Play and sacking Lambert on 12:38 - Mar 4 by Simonds92

I think this is ridiculous, why would you keep backing a manager so tactically inept? I do think that he has done a good job in terms of recruitment but he's completely clueless when it comes to setting them up.

He can only work with what he has available - and the idea of 'set up' is nonsense. It is football not a cricket fielding set up.

Players move all over the pitchinresponse to where the ball and opposition players are - not as some 'formation.

And in reply to Lambert's contract any termination clause would be to a breach of that contract, not simply a wish to end that contract....hence it being a contract.

As Pulis said about Boro, it can take a few years to turn around a squad. Similarly with us. Something that those who have never full grasped how bad things are seem unable to understand.

A club that had been struggling and relegated was going to be turned round at a wave of the wand...... it seems.The failing is in those who believed that.
Financial Fair Play and sacking Lambert on 13:12 - Mar 4 with 967 viewsSimonds92

Financial Fair Play and sacking Lambert on 12:45 - Mar 4 by HARRY10

He can only work with what he has available - and the idea of 'set up' is nonsense. It is football not a cricket fielding set up.

Players move all over the pitchinresponse to where the ball and opposition players are - not as some 'formation.

And in reply to Lambert's contract any termination clause would be to a breach of that contract, not simply a wish to end that contract....hence it being a contract.

As Pulis said about Boro, it can take a few years to turn around a squad. Similarly with us. Something that those who have never full grasped how bad things are seem unable to understand.

A club that had been struggling and relegated was going to be turned round at a wave of the wand...... it seems.The failing is in those who believed that.

What is the point in a manager then? Because most big teams now have a DOF who makes the signings. If their only role is as a motivational speaker why aren't we just employing one of those? In reality he picks a mish mash of players in random formations and expect them to perrform. You need cohesion in a team, not a jumbled bunch of individuals and if you think you can be successful with that approach and its nothing to do with formations then you are very wrong in my opinion. This is why England underperformed for years and years despite having fantastic players.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024