Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dozzell 07:56 - Mar 4 with 6675 viewsSmith45

Despite everything else about the game last night I was really impressed with him. Considering he was once again parachuted in from not playing since January he seemed to be the only player trying to get things working. His passing is a joy to watch and we simply do not have someone either the vision of a pass like him. I know there’s other aspects of his game that come in to question but I thought he really put a shift in tonight and deserves some credit for it.
Dozzell on 08:04 - Mar 4 with 4061 viewsCopfordBlue

I must have been watching a different game. He was one of our better players (a very low bar yesterday) but there was nothing, not a single moment in 90 minutes last night, that I found “a joy to watch”

Poll: Most enjoyable calendar year as an Ipswich supporter

Dozzell on 08:10 - Mar 4 with 4030 viewsSwansea_Blue

Dozzell on 08:04 - Mar 4 by CopfordBlue

I must have been watching a different game. He was one of our better players (a very low bar yesterday) but there was nothing, not a single moment in 90 minutes last night, that I found “a joy to watch”

2 sublime through balls in the first 10 minutes, a couple of other passes that split the defence or took out their whole midfield in the mid-part of the second half. He was the only one who showed vision and awareness and attempted to play through the lines. The contrast to Nolan especially was stark (what does bring to the team?).

The trouble is DOzzell rarely got the ball ofter the first 10 minutes and spent most game chasing shadows. So was quiet overall.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Dozzell on 08:11 - Mar 4 with 4014 viewsartsbossbeard

Man alive.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Dozzell on 08:15 - Mar 4 with 3976 viewsCopfordBlue

Dozzell on 08:10 - Mar 4 by Swansea_Blue

2 sublime through balls in the first 10 minutes, a couple of other passes that split the defence or took out their whole midfield in the mid-part of the second half. He was the only one who showed vision and awareness and attempted to play through the lines. The contrast to Nolan especially was stark (what does bring to the team?).

The trouble is DOzzell rarely got the ball ofter the first 10 minutes and spent most game chasing shadows. So was quiet overall.

Passed me by then (no pun intended). What was the result of these two sublime passes?

Poll: Most enjoyable calendar year as an Ipswich supporter

Dozzell on 08:15 - Mar 4 with 3976 viewsArnieM

Dozzell was largely AWOL along with Nolan and Judge . Not sure what game you were watching .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Dozzell on 08:16 - Mar 4 with 3968 viewshomer_123

Dozzell on 08:10 - Mar 4 by Swansea_Blue

'2 sublime through balls in the first 10 minutes, a couple of other passes that split the defence or took out their whole midfield in the mid-part of the second half.'

And yet that is probably more than any other of our creative midfielders managed to do.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Dozzell on 08:16 - Mar 4 with 3963 viewsHerbivore

He played like Dozzell has played every game since his injury. A few nice passes but nowhere near enough over 90 minutes and long spells where he just looks lost. Last night was tough as he was thrown in after not playing in months into a makeshift, dysfunctional team. He was set up to fail really.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Dozzell on 08:31 - Mar 4 with 3890 viewsgordon

Dozzell on 08:16 - Mar 4 by Herbivore

He played like Dozzell has played every game since his injury. A few nice passes but nowhere near enough over 90 minutes and long spells where he just looks lost. Last night was tough as he was thrown in after not playing in months into a makeshift, dysfunctional team. He was set up to fail really.

Dozzell played three or four excellent passes in the first half - the problem was that a few of them were to Judge who was promptly tackled / eased off the ball. Dozzell went on the run that put Donacien in our best position of the first half, and he played the first time ball in to Keane's feet when he should have got a shot away but took too many touches.

He was our comfortably our best player (although who else did anything remotely useful?)

Judge, Nolan and Keane are stealing a living as far as I can see - considering that they are the senior players, their contribution was pathetic.
Login to get fewer ads

Dozzell on 08:32 - Mar 4 with 3886 viewsHarry_Palmer

I agree, he was pretty good set against the context of the overall performance. He is one of those players that see's thing others don't and he knows the pass he is going to make before he has even received the ball. One effortless reverse pass to Donacien near the end of the first half stood out. Of course Donacien then made a mess of the cross.

Sure he got lost at times in the hurly burly nature of a league one game and is not helped by most of his teammates being on a different wavelength but he stuck to it well I thought.

Sadly I left the game thinking he is too good for this team and league and needs to move on for the benefit of his own career.
Dozzell on 08:35 - Mar 4 with 3841 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

I have been saying it for ages. He never ever gets a run of games, he gets pulled in and out in a regular basis. When both are fit, he should play with Downes and Bish in midfield.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Dozzell on 08:35 - Mar 4 with 3837 viewsMeadowlark

Dozzell on 08:32 - Mar 4 by Harry_Palmer

I agree, he was pretty good set against the context of the overall performance. He is one of those players that see's thing others don't and he knows the pass he is going to make before he has even received the ball. One effortless reverse pass to Donacien near the end of the first half stood out. Of course Donacien then made a mess of the cross.

Sure he got lost at times in the hurly burly nature of a league one game and is not helped by most of his teammates being on a different wavelength but he stuck to it well I thought.

Sadly I left the game thinking he is too good for this team and league and needs to move on for the benefit of his own career.

Far and away our best player last night and every time he plays.
He will have to go elsewhere to be fully appreciated.
Dozzell on 08:38 - Mar 4 with 3799 viewshampstead_blue

Dozzell on 08:15 - Mar 4 by CopfordBlue

Passed me by then (no pun intended). What was the result of these two sublime passes?

Nothing.
But he is right in his praise of Dozzell.

FT bossed it as they are a well honed team and our midfield was cobbled together with very poor tactics.

Given the platform, Dozzell would shine. He just needs the right shape and manager to allow that to happen.
Same with Bishop. He had a few lovely touches, dropped a shoulder on one occasion and make himself great space.

Shame PL is ruining our best players.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Dozzell on 08:39 - Mar 4 with 3801 viewsAlexwaddell

Judge is the enigma for me, he has all the attributes of Lionel Messi...same height, same hair colour, one head, 2 arms, 2 legs, 2 feet.......where is he going wrong😂😂😂

Poll: What was today?

Dozzell on 08:40 - Mar 4 with 3795 viewsgordon

Agreed. Can't really blame Dozzell for James Wilson aiming those 60 yard crossfield kicks at the ghost of Johnny May dashing down the touchline, or whatever it is he sees that the rest of us don't.
Dozzell on 08:42 - Mar 4 with 3769 viewsgordon

Dozzell on 08:15 - Mar 4 by CopfordBlue

They went to Alan Judge and Will Keane.
Dozzell on 09:06 - Mar 4 with 3650 viewsHerbivore

Dozzell on 08:31 - Mar 4 by gordon

Dozzell played three or four excellent passes in the first half - the problem was that a few of them were to Judge who was promptly tackled / eased off the ball. Dozzell went on the run that put Donacien in our best position of the first half, and he played the first time ball in to Keane's feet when he should have got a shot away but took too many touches.

He was our comfortably our best player (although who else did anything remotely useful?)

Judge, Nolan and Keane are stealing a living as far as I can see - considering that they are the senior players, their contribution was pathetic.

The issue is what he does between those passes though, and often the answer is not very much. He clearly has ability and will show flashes like he did last night but he's a luxury player in that he doesn't do the rest of what a CM needs to do very well. I imagine if he'd been in there with Downes and Huws or Skuse it'd have mattered less.

I don't know, he's a bit of an enigma and to be honest I'd be up for giving him a run in the side now as the season is over and he needs to play to get fully up to speed. I do feel that if he's going to fulfill his potential though he's going to need to get better at being effective without the ball and he's going to need to find ways to win the midfield battle with his teammates.

Dozzell on 09:10 - Mar 4 with 3613 viewshampstead_blue

Dozzell on 08:39 - Mar 4 by Alexwaddell

Judge is the enigma for me, he has all the attributes of Lionel Messi...same height, same hair colour, one head, 2 arms, 2 legs, 2 feet.......where is he going wrong😂😂😂

Judge's situation is pretty clear. Lots of running and endeavor, very little end product.

Who was that winger we had under MM who ran lots and not much else? Reminds me of him.

A mistake to keep playing him. I'd give his place to Bish and Dozz

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.

Dozzell on 09:14 - Mar 4 with 3599 viewsHerbivore

Dozzell on 09:10 - Mar 4 by hampstead_blue

Judge's situation is pretty clear. Lots of running and endeavor, very little end product.

Who was that winger we had under MM who ran lots and not much else? Reminds me of him.

A mistake to keep playing him. I'd give his place to Bish and Dozz

Swapping Judge for two players might be one way of giving us an advantage.

Dozzell on 09:15 - Mar 4 with 3599 viewsPJH

I think that he was probably our best player last night but to be that he did not have to do much.

He did play two or three good passes and those passes would be even better if the players receiving them then did something with them.

I think he would look a very good player in a good team playing with confidence but at this moment ITFC are not that.

I think he will always tend to disappear from games for a spell but he certainly possesses vision.
Dozzell on 09:17 - Mar 4 with 3580 viewshampstead_blue

Dozzell on 09:14 - Mar 4 by Herbivore

Swapping Judge for two players might be one way of giving us an advantage.

I was hoping to squeeze one under the radar.

It was more like rotating them. Did I say rotating? I mean swapping them intermittently. That's more like it.

Judge? Mag to grid (get rid)

Dozzell on 09:21 - Mar 4 with 3558 viewsblueM3

I never personally understand the love in with Dozzell. If his name was Andre Smith he would almost certainly have been let go a long time ago.

My thoughts of the first half was that he did very little. He tried a couple of passes. But he should be trying a lot more of those anyway. Hes light weight in tackles and 50/50s and hes not particularly quick. Either that or he just never seems I terested enough to bust a guy to actually get stuck into the battle.

I noticed that about 5 minutes before half time he suddenly tried to get involved more. Was this as he knew changes were being planned for half time? Looked a little coincidental to me. As he was very lethargic prior to that. Either way, it kept him on at half time.

Second half again, offered very little. Lost every challenge, didn't look interested on taking the hits for the team to get the ball back. And didn't make anything tick.

I know the team was woeful, and even a top player would have looked garbage. But it's a very blinkered view of our fans to think that he offers anything useful to the team. And as I say again, if he wasnt Jason's son, he wouldn't be getting the free ride he currently does fron the fans.
Dozzell on 09:24 - Mar 4 with 3545 viewsgordon

Dozzell on 09:06 - Mar 4 by Herbivore

The issue is what he does between those passes though, and often the answer is not very much. He clearly has ability and will show flashes like he did last night but he's a luxury player in that he doesn't do the rest of what a CM needs to do very well. I imagine if he'd been in there with Downes and Huws or Skuse it'd have mattered less.

I don't know, he's a bit of an enigma and to be honest I'd be up for giving him a run in the side now as the season is over and he needs to play to get fully up to speed. I do feel that if he's going to fulfill his potential though he's going to need to get better at being effective without the ball and he's going to need to find ways to win the midfield battle with his teammates.

For me we've got a team which is struggling massively to create chances, and we've given way too much game time to the likes of Huws, Skuse, Nolan and Judge during that period, at the expense of Dozzell, Dobra and Bishop.

Agreed that those three don't do all of the defensive bits as well, but it's really difficult to see how we're going to score when we are often picking a whole team of players without anyone on the pitch who can either play a killer pass or go past a man.
Dozzell on 09:25 - Mar 4 with 3530 viewsgordon

Dozzell on 09:21 - Mar 4 by blueM3

I never personally understand the love in with Dozzell. If his name was Andre Smith he would almost certainly have been let go a long time ago.

My thoughts of the first half was that he did very little. He tried a couple of passes. But he should be trying a lot more of those anyway. Hes light weight in tackles and 50/50s and hes not particularly quick. Either that or he just never seems I terested enough to bust a guy to actually get stuck into the battle.

I noticed that about 5 minutes before half time he suddenly tried to get involved more. Was this as he knew changes were being planned for half time? Looked a little coincidental to me. As he was very lethargic prior to that. Either way, it kept him on at half time.

Second half again, offered very little. Lost every challenge, didn't look interested on taking the hits for the team to get the ball back. And didn't make anything tick.

I know the team was woeful, and even a top player would have looked garbage. But it's a very blinkered view of our fans to think that he offers anything useful to the team. And as I say again, if he wasnt Jason's son, he wouldn't be getting the free ride he currently does fron the fans.

Then what did you make of Nolan's performance?
He should go back to.... on 09:28 - Mar 4 with 3492 viewsBloots

Dozzell on 09:25 - Mar 4 by gordon

Then what did you make of Nolan's performance?

....singing with the other sisters.

TWTD Leadership Group: Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Anti-Bullying Crusader

Dozzell on 09:29 - Mar 4 with 3490 viewsSmith45

Dozzell on 09:21 - Mar 4 by blueM3

This is absolute rubbish for a start. I'm too young to have seen Jason play so don't have this wistful nostalgia about seeing his son play that reminds me of him. For this reason i look at him as i do any other player not because of his Family background.

You can see the vision he has compared to the rest of our team and it is quite clear everyone else is not on the same wave length the majority of the time. I agree he's not the most physical player for this league but he was the only one of our midfielders last night looking for that quick forward pass from midfield, without him it is the slow sideways build up we have been used to.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024