Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Perspective 09:44 - Mar 4 with 323 viewsHerbivore

Not the good kind I'm afraid, not going to make us feel better. Just a couple of things that put into perspective how badly we've cocked this season up.

The first thing to note is that back in the autumn we comfortably beat Fleetwood at their place, where they have been much stronger this season than they have been away. It was 1-0 but we bossed it and with a half capable ref we'd have won by more. Last night they totally outplayed us. They have progressed, developed their shape and system over the season, and got more cohesive. What have we done since then? That's the bit that's hard to take. We gave ourselves a great platform to build from, but whilst most other sides have got better over the season we have gone backwards. That has to be on the manager, who spent months picking the team and system out of a hat and passing it off as a masterplan that would make us better in the run in. How's that working out for us?

Secondly, to get to 75 points now - and I think it'll probably take that to get into the play offs this season - we need to win 7 and draw 2 in our last 9 games. That's 100 points over the season kind of form. And we need that to have a slim chance of nicking 6th having been clear at the top in the autumn and having briefly been top again in January. By contrast, Fleetwood can now win 6 and lose 5 in their final 11 games and get to 76 points, which would pip us even if we went on a miracle run.

I'm genuinely staggered at how spectacularly we've managed to implode this season. It feels so self inflicted as well.

Lambert out.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024