Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We now have Toilet Paper rationing here in Oz!!! 11:12 - Mar 4 with 2524 viewsurbanblue

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/03/toilet-paper-is-trending-in-austra
We now have Toilet Paper rationing here in Oz!!! on 11:13 - Mar 4 with 2520 viewsartsbossbeard

Ha! Saw that earlier today..my Cuz was moaning about it on FB.

Seems to be being taken in good spirits though?

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

We now have Toilet Paper rationing here in Oz!!! on 11:19 - Mar 4 with 2497 viewsurbanblue

We now have Toilet Paper rationing here in Oz!!! on 11:13 - Mar 4 by artsbossbeard

Ha! Saw that earlier today..my Cuz was moaning about it on FB.

Seems to be being taken in good spirits though?

They are mental over here mate.

.... Yeah, I got the virus, feel awful, Quarantined for two weeks, business going under, stocks plummeting but boy I've got a pristine arse!
We now have Toilet Paper rationing here in Oz!!! on 11:34 - Mar 4 with 2478 viewsartsbossbeard

We now have Toilet Paper rationing here in Oz!!! on 11:19 - Mar 4 by urbanblue

They are mental over here mate.

.... Yeah, I got the virus, feel awful, Quarantined for two weeks, business going under, stocks plummeting but boy I've got a pristine arse!

Ha! That's brilliant!

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

We now have Toilet Paper rationing here in Oz!!! on 11:44 - Mar 4 with 2465 viewsWeWereZombies

But are you buying toilet paper because of bogus ads?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51729647

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

We now have Toilet Paper rationing here in Oz!!! on 13:47 - Mar 4 with 2412 viewspimballwizard

So now what are you using "down under" ?
We now have Toilet Paper rationing here in Oz!!! on 14:01 - Mar 4 with 2396 viewsBiGDonnie

You'll have to firm it with some rugged kitchen roll. Triple fold that badboy though as it tears easily.

Or just jump in the shower and squash it through with ya feet?

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

We now have Toilet Paper rationing here in Oz!!! on 15:55 - Mar 4 with 2360 viewsLord_Lucan

We now have Toilet Paper rationing here in Oz!!! on 11:44 - Mar 4 by WeWereZombies

But are you buying toilet paper because of bogus ads?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51729647

Today we have had communications from EBay and Amazon warning about misleading wording on any product relating to the virus (hand gel, masks etc)

Yesterday we got a standard sales email from one of our printing suppliers offering deals on ready made Coronavirus warning signs!!!

This week is looking to be our worst sales week for two years purely because people are all nervous wrecks, aren't leaving the house and aren't even buying anything online - except hand gel and toilet paper it seems. I spoke to a friend this morning who is a large wholesaler of swag goods in NI and he says the same.

The domino effect on this is massive, way bigger than you can imagine and it is a very difficult situation for government. They are having to predict what is medically going to happen over something we don't know, risk under or overstating the problem and at the same time risk a recession because of it.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

We now have Toilet Paper rationing here in Oz!!! on 16:07 - Mar 4 with 2338 viewsartsbossbeard

We now have Toilet Paper rationing here in Oz!!! on 15:55 - Mar 4 by Lord_Lucan

Today we have had communications from EBay and Amazon warning about misleading wording on any product relating to the virus (hand gel, masks etc)

Yesterday we got a standard sales email from one of our printing suppliers offering deals on ready made Coronavirus warning signs!!!

This week is looking to be our worst sales week for two years purely because people are all nervous wrecks, aren't leaving the house and aren't even buying anything online - except hand gel and toilet paper it seems. I spoke to a friend this morning who is a large wholesaler of swag goods in NI and he says the same.

The domino effect on this is massive, way bigger than you can imagine and it is a very difficult situation for government. They are having to predict what is medically going to happen over something we don't know, risk under or overstating the problem and at the same time risk a recession because of it.

I'm off to a client's office in that there London on Monday to provide some consultancy on a project and I've just had to fill in an online form from their HR dept. asking if:

a) I've travelled to any affected country recently
b) Have I suffered flu like symptoms of late
c) the visit could be done via MS Teams/Skype/video conference instead.

I'll be provided with a clearance letter tomorrow if my "application" is successful.

*coughs*

Login to get fewer ads

We now have Toilet Paper rationing here in Oz!!! on 16:13 - Mar 4 with 2320 viewsitfcjoe

We now have Toilet Paper rationing here in Oz!!! on 15:55 - Mar 4 by Lord_Lucan

It's like this whole thing about SSP - Government said you can now get it from Day 1.

But it is about £19 a day, so people aren't going to self isolate just because they will get £19 a day which is the whole point

And Government don't pay it anyway, employers do

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

We now have Toilet Paper rationing here in Oz!!! on 01:20 - Mar 11 with 2144 viewsBluesquid

lol

We now have Toilet Paper rationing here in Oz!!! on 11:14 - Mar 11 with 2022 viewsmichaeldownunder

Strange no loo roll in the shops, shelves empty as soon as it is put out, limit one pack per shop. The pack can be a 2 pack or a 30 pack !!! but plenty of food bar rice and pasta.

Will we find people dead covered by an avalanche of loo paper and bloated by pasta?
We now have Toilet Paper rationing here in Oz!!! on 17:34 - Mar 11 with 1977 viewsAlexwaddell

We now have Toilet Paper rationing here in Oz!!! on 13:47 - Mar 4 by pimballwizard

In days of old
When knights were bold
And paper wasn't invented
They'd wipe their @rse
With a dod of grass
And walk away contented

Poll: What was today?

We now have Toilet Paper rationing here in Oz!!! on 18:00 - Mar 11 with 1965 viewssparks

We now have Toilet Paper rationing here in Oz!!! on 16:13 - Mar 4 by itfcjoe

It's like this whole thing about SSP - Government said you can now get it from Day 1.

But it is about £19 a day, so people aren't going to self isolate just because they will get £19 a day which is the whole point

And Government don't pay it anyway, employers do

In fairness thy have budgeted to cover it now.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

We now have Toilet Paper rationing here in Oz!!! on 18:58 - Mar 11 with 1945 viewsGluedtoBlue

Daniel Farke was seen panic buying loo roll in Tesco's the other day.

Turned out there is just a whole load of sh!t at Carrow Road.

Poll: Who do you hate the most?

We now have Toilet Paper rationing here in Oz!!! on 19:19 - Mar 11 with 1935 viewsNthQldITFC

We now have Toilet Paper rationing here in Oz!!! on 13:47 - Mar 4 by pimballwizard

I believe the left hand is the convention.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

We now have Toilet Paper rationing here in Oz!!! on 19:35 - Mar 11 with 1923 viewsitfcjoe

We now have Toilet Paper rationing here in Oz!!! on 18:00 - Mar 11 by sparks

In fairness thy have budgeted to cover it now.

Yep, that is a welcome change - but previously when they were talking about it they make out they do.

I think most employees think the Government pays their SSP as it is, so glad they actually will now.

Also, at £19 a day, I can't imagine that will be the difference between self isolating or not if people need the money

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024