Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert can be sacked for free if fails to deliver top 6 finish 15:49 - Mar 4 with 6230 viewscbower

According to Daily Mail (no I'm not a regular reader of it but have seen the article!), Lambert can be dismissed for free if he fails to deliver top 6 finish. It claims that a clause in the contract extension could "backfire" on him. If true, Evans will not sack him until mathematically impossible and this would certainly be far too late for any short term appointment to make any difference to the outcome of our season. More likely, he will wait, sack him with 3 or 4 games to go and use the appointment of a new man to help (once again) boost the all important flagging season ticket sales. Alongside this, the promise of a bright new era and some "extra" funds (which will be the result of losing Downes and Wolf but only partially reinvested in the playing squad). Do you think we might just fall for this one more time

bluescouser

Lambert can be sacked for free if fails to deliver top 6 finish on 16:11 - Mar 4 with 5543 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Erm …

If we are mathematically unable to make the playoffs and Lambert is sacked, that definitely means the new manager can't make a difference to the outcome of our season!

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Lambert can be sacked for free if fails to deliver top 6 finish on 16:16 - Mar 4 with 5507 viewsitfcjoe

I imagine Lambert and Evans can come to an agreement on this, to get it done early if this clause does exist

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Lambert can be sacked for free if fails to deliver top 6 finish on 16:18 - Mar 4 with 5471 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Would be more realistic, and probably why the trigger hasn't been pulled to date, because if it wasn't a financial reason, at any other club he would have been sacked by now. Purely just a waiting game now until mathematics make it official. By then this season will be a write off.

In regards to "extra funds" for a bright new future, nobody, nobody should fall this spin once again. Same story gets spun out time and time again, ironically around Season Ticket renewal time.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2020 16:19]

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Lambert can be sacked for free if fails to deliver top 6 finish on 16:25 - Mar 4 with 5409 viewsBigManBlue

Sounds believable. I can't for the life of me picture who'll replace Lambert but I imagine we're already scouring the conference (maybe via FM to save money on scouts) for signs of that "investment"...

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

Lambert can be sacked for free if fails to deliver top 6 finish on 16:27 - Mar 4 with 5395 viewsPhilTWTD

I have heard similar, although not free but significantly less than it would otherwise cost.
Lambert can be sacked for free if fails to deliver top 6 finish on 16:32 - Mar 4 with 5330 viewshampstead_blue

Do you know what happens to Daily Mail readers on this forum?

They get their feet tickled for a very long time.

I am pleased at your immediate denial so as this is a first offence you may just get a Yellow card!

Back to the OP. I am not surprised. ME is many things but he's not stupid (stop shouting at me!). He would have made it perfectly obvious that to complete the 5 years PL would have had to jump through ever small and higher hoops.

I thought that would be obvious. 5 years? more like 5 months if you muck it up.

He will go and we will get an new Dear Leader for next year.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Lambert can be sacked for free if fails to deliver top 6 finish on 16:35 - Mar 4 with 5280 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Lambert can be sacked for free if fails to deliver top 6 finish on 16:27 - Mar 4 by PhilTWTD

I have heard similar, although not free but significantly less than it would otherwise cost.

Anything more than free and Evans won't do it.

5 more years it is.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Lambert can be sacked for free if fails to deliver top 6 finish on 18:14 - Mar 4 with 5059 viewscbower

Lambert can be sacked for free if fails to deliver top 6 finish on 16:32 - Mar 4 by hampstead_blue

Do you know what happens to Daily Mail readers on this forum?

They get their feet tickled for a very long time.

I am pleased at your immediate denial so as this is a first offence you may just get a Yellow card!

Back to the OP. I am not surprised. ME is many things but he's not stupid (stop shouting at me!). He would have made it perfectly obvious that to complete the 5 years PL would have had to jump through ever small and higher hoops.

I thought that would be obvious. 5 years? more like 5 months if you muck it up.

He will go and we will get an new Dear Leader for next year.

Saw it on the Newsnow website - surely that should not even count as a first offence!!!!!!!

bluescouser

Login to get fewer ads

Lambert can be sacked for free if fails to deliver top 6 finish on 18:15 - Mar 4 with 5047 viewscbower

Lambert can be sacked for free if fails to deliver top 6 finish on 16:11 - Mar 4 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Erm …

If we are mathematically unable to make the playoffs and Lambert is sacked, that definitely means the new manager can't make a difference to the outcome of our season!

Thought that is what I said!

bluescouser

Lambert can be sacked for free if fails to deliver top 6 finish on 18:26 - Mar 4 with 4964 viewsHARRY10

Lambert can be sacked for free if fails to deliver top 6 finish on 16:16 - Mar 4 by itfcjoe

I imagine Lambert and Evans can come to an agreement on this, to get it done early if this clause does exist

Yes, I can imagine Lambert signing a contract with a clause like that, given that it is pretty meaninglesa ie we go out after two games against Oxford or Fleetwood

Or we miss out on 6th place by goal difference

We lose a nummber of key players between the contract being signed and the end of the season which is out of Lambert's hands

Ot simply that someone is privy to what are usually highly confidential contracts and has bothered to risk the consequences of leaking this to the Daily Mail.... really ?
[Post edited 4 Mar 2020 18:52]
Lambert can be sacked for free if fails to deliver top 6 finish on 18:29 - Mar 4 with 4942 viewstextbackup

I can’t believe he’d agree to sign such a contract, whilst in a poor run of form. Makes no sense

However, wonder if if players knew of clause

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Lambert can be sacked for free if fails to deliver top 6 finish on 18:32 - Mar 4 with 4924 viewsDublinBlue84

Lambert can be sacked for free if fails to deliver top 6 finish on 18:29 - Mar 4 by textbackup

I can’t believe he’d agree to sign such a contract, whilst in a poor run of form. Makes no sense

However, wonder if if players knew of clause

Maybe he believed he could turn it around?

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Lambert can be sacked for free if fails to deliver top 6 finish on 18:35 - Mar 4 with 4903 viewstextbackup

Lambert can be sacked for free if fails to deliver top 6 finish on 18:32 - Mar 4 by DublinBlue84

well yeah, but still rather silly to agree it

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Lambert can be sacked for free if fails to deliver top 6 finish on 18:40 - Mar 4 with 4857 viewsitfcjoe

Lambert can be sacked for free if fails to deliver top 6 finish on 18:35 - Mar 4 by textbackup

well yeah, but still rather silly to agree it

All these contracts will have certain break clauses

Lambert can be sacked for free if fails to deliver top 6 finish on 18:47 - Mar 4 with 4799 viewsjas0999

PL will stay until the season is over.
Lambert can be sacked for free if fails to deliver top 6 finish on 18:58 - Mar 4 with 4708 viewsHARRY10

Lambert can be sacked for free if fails to deliver top 6 finish on 18:40 - Mar 4 by itfcjoe

All these contracts will have certain break clauses

Nope, no proof of that - and as said what would be the point if we were to finish 3rd by goal difference (from 2nd) then go out in the 'semis' ?

How does losing in the semis become any certainty of the following season ?

This is just clutching at straws with the playoffs being stated as it appears obvious we won't make an automatic place.

It shouldn't take anyone with a few seconds of thought to recognise how improbable this silly claim is.
Lambert can be sacked for free if fails to deliver top 6 finish on 19:00 - Mar 4 with 4699 viewsitfcjoe

Lambert can be sacked for free if fails to deliver top 6 finish on 18:58 - Mar 4 by HARRY10

Nope, no proof of that - and as said what would be the point if we were to finish 3rd by goal difference (from 2nd) then go out in the 'semis' ?

How does losing in the semis become any certainty of the following season ?

This is just clutching at straws with the playoffs being stated as it appears obvious we won't make an automatic place.

It shouldn't take anyone with a few seconds of thought to recognise how improbable this silly claim is.

So you think he’s going to be paid up a full 5 years when he is inevitably sacked? And that there aren’t any performance related break clauses with associated pay offs?

Lambert can be sacked for free if fails to deliver top 6 finish on 19:02 - Mar 4 with 4677 viewsLeighOnSeaBlue

Lambert can be sacked for free if fails to deliver top 6 finish on 16:27 - Mar 4 by PhilTWTD

Yep was told the same last night. It would be crazy if it didn't have one
Lambert can be sacked for free if fails to deliver top 6 finish on 19:09 - Mar 4 with 4628 viewsPositivelyPortman

Lambert can be sacked for free if fails to deliver top 6 finish on 18:32 - Mar 4 by DublinBlue84

At that point of course, he wouldn’t have known of Norwood’s op, Jackson getting a red or Downes’ cretinous yellow card accumulation.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Lambert can be sacked for free if fails to deliver top 6 finish on 19:10 - Mar 4 with 4616 viewsitfcjoe

Lambert can be sacked for free if fails to deliver top 6 finish on 19:09 - Mar 4 by PositivelyPortman

At that point of course, he wouldn’t have known of Norwood’s op, Jackson getting a red or Downes’ cretinous yellow card accumulation.

None of those are the reason we aren’t going up

Lambert can be sacked for free if fails to deliver top 6 finish on 19:19 - Mar 4 with 4540 viewsHARRY10

Lambert can be sacked for free if fails to deliver top 6 finish on 19:00 - Mar 4 by itfcjoe

So you think he’s going to be paid up a full 5 years when he is inevitably sacked? And that there aren’t any performance related break clauses with associated pay offs?

It might not be five years by then.

You stated that 'all' these contracts - something neither you or I know

And to what is in the contract the onus rests with you to prove your claim, otherwise it is nothing more than speculation based on a hope.
Lambert can be sacked for free if fails to deliver top 6 finish on 19:28 - Mar 4 with 4476 viewsPJH

Lambert can be sacked for free if fails to deliver top 6 finish on 19:19 - Mar 4 by HARRY10

And to what is in the contract the onus rests with you to prove your claim, otherwise it is nothing more than speculation based on a hope.

and probably based on common sense.
Lambert can be sacked for free if fails to deliver top 6 finish on 19:43 - Mar 4 with 4354 viewsitfcjoe

Lambert can be sacked for free if fails to deliver top 6 finish on 19:19 - Mar 4 by HARRY10

I’ll leave you to this one I think

Lambert can be sacked for free if fails to deliver top 6 finish on 19:46 - Mar 4 with 4342 viewsRyorry

Lambert can be sacked for free if fails to deliver top 6 finish on 19:02 - Mar 4 by LeighOnSeaBlue

Yep was told the same last night. It would be crazy if it didn't have one

Some of us said as soon as that 5-year contract was signed that it wouldn't have happened unless there'd been get-out clauses.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Lambert can be sacked for free if fails to deliver top 6 finish on 19:46 - Mar 4 with 4342 viewsstevieg

Absolutely not from my point of view.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024