Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Come on everyone can we all have a think .... 08:11 - Mar 5 with 3438 viewscatch74

what have we done to deserve this?

Confessions underneath please, it’s often better out than in ....

When I was young I gave our cockerel a hair cut.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Come on everyone can we all have a think .... on 08:19 - Mar 5 with 3411 viewsbluelagos

If this is devine retribution, it's best to confess.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p06pyyqh
If you missed it before - from 31.45

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Come on everyone can we all have a think .... on 08:20 - Mar 5 with 3410 viewsartsbossbeard

Not me but a school mate of mine got grounded for going round his house with his Dad's jigsaw and "trimming back" the overhang of the windowsill back to the wall. Every window.

I still giggle about this.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Come on everyone can we all have a think .... on 08:22 - Mar 5 with 3396 viewsGeoffSentence

Karma.

We had a crazy amount of success for a small Town club over the course of 20 years. The spirits have just cottoned on to it and are trying to balance things out.

So, don't worry in another decade the scales will have reached equilibrium and we will be able to settle into our natural place.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Come on everyone can we all have a think .... on 08:23 - Mar 5 with 3384 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Come on everyone can we all have a think .... on 08:22 - Mar 5 by GeoffSentence

Karma.

We had a crazy amount of success for a small Town club over the course of 20 years. The spirits have just cottoned on to it and are trying to balance things out.

So, don't worry in another decade the scales will have reached equilibrium and we will be able to settle into our natural place.

When Norwich lost 7-0 to Colchester I texted my Norwich supporting mate to take the p1ss.

...at the time I wondered whether it would come back to bite me.

.....and it pretty much did instantly.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2020 8:24]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Come on everyone can we all have a think .... on 08:25 - Mar 5 with 3364 viewsMoisha

I was going to post the other day.... The football gods have conspired against us for

1. Bryan Gunn’s air kick
2. Megsons last minute bullet header OG.
3. Haynes last minute handball winner

I’m sure there are others against the scum
Come on everyone can we all have a think .... on 08:35 - Mar 5 with 3340 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Come on everyone can we all have a think .... on 08:20 - Mar 5 by artsbossbeard

Not me but a school mate of mine got grounded for going round his house with his Dad's jigsaw and "trimming back" the overhang of the windowsill back to the wall. Every window.

I still giggle about this.

.....a-ledge-edly!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Come on everyone can we all have a think .... on 08:37 - Mar 5 with 3326 viewsOxford_Blue

Come on everyone can we all have a think .... on 08:22 - Mar 5 by GeoffSentence

Karma.

Two trophies and bottling the league championship is a crazy amount of success? Really?
[Post edited 5 Mar 2020 8:37]
Come on everyone can we all have a think .... on 08:45 - Mar 5 with 3309 viewsSwansea_Blue

“It’s often better out than in” didn’t help me in my last exposure trial.

It’s clearly comeback for taking the piss out of Norwich’s tin pot status for decades. God himself has come back in person for the deliverance, disguised as a former footballer known as Tim Krul.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Come on everyone can we all have a think .... on 08:46 - Mar 5 with 3293 viewsIpswichKnight

Think the football gods have punished us enough, Oxford playing a week after us against Arsenal 3rd team winning and sending us down, every time Andy D'Urso ref'd us, Ian Harte, Ruud Van Nistlecheat etc......
Come on everyone can we all have a think .... on 08:49 - Mar 5 with 3287 viewsmonytowbray

I purchased a football club around 12 years ago with some secret wealth stashed away, from paid some bloke called Mark or Morris to pretend he owns it and have seriously underfunded it in recent years alongside poor managerial appointments.

Still, no idea how that links to ITFC’s situation.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Come on everyone can we all have a think .... on 08:50 - Mar 5 with 3280 viewsWeWereZombies

I once bought a Shania Twain CD...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Come on everyone can we all have a think .... on 08:51 - Mar 5 with 3275 viewsmonytowbray

Come on everyone can we all have a think .... on 08:50 - Mar 5 by WeWereZombies

I once bought a Shania Twain CD...

Well that don’t impress me much.

TWTD never forgets…

Come on everyone can we all have a think .... on 08:55 - Mar 5 with 3255 viewsBent_double

Come on everyone can we all have a think .... on 08:37 - Mar 5 by Oxford_Blue

Two trophies and bottling the league championship is a crazy amount of success? Really?

for a small town club, yes.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Come on everyone can we all have a think .... on 09:25 - Mar 5 with 3214 viewsFixed_It

Come on everyone can we all have a think .... on 08:35 - Mar 5 by Marshalls_Mullet

.....a-ledge-edly!

It was very sill-y.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Come on everyone can we all have a think .... on 09:31 - Mar 5 with 3196 viewsmonytowbray

When I was 14 I found a wallet with an ID and £40 on it. Took the £40, left the wallet and bought a Slipknot hoodie.

This was around 2001-2002 so deffo correlation in our downfall. Sorry.

TWTD never forgets…

Come on everyone can we all have a think .... on 09:50 - Mar 5 with 3178 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Come on everyone can we all have a think .... on 09:31 - Mar 5 by monytowbray

When I was 14 I found a wallet with an ID and £40 on it. Took the £40, left the wallet and bought a Slipknot hoodie.

Thief!

Come on everyone can we all have a think .... on 09:52 - Mar 5 with 3169 viewsmonytowbray

Come on everyone can we all have a think .... on 09:50 - Mar 5 by Marshalls_Mullet

Thief!

Not proud of it, but I was young, didn't really get the value of money and I think it was the most cash I'd ever held in my hand in my life.

TWTD never forgets…

Come on everyone can we all have a think .... on 09:57 - Mar 5 with 3160 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Come on everyone can we all have a think .... on 09:52 - Mar 5 by monytowbray

Not proud of it, but I was young, didn't really get the value of money and I think it was the most cash I'd ever held in my hand in my life.

When I was a similar age, I found £20 in a cash point at the bank. The bank was closed, so I took it to the police station.

It wasn't claimed after two weeks, so I got a phone call to say that it was now mine.

To be fair, it was a lot of effort for £20!

For some reason, finding money (someone else's) in cash points has happened to me a few times!

Come on everyone can we all have a think .... on 10:47 - Mar 5 with 3122 viewsGeoffSentence

Come on everyone can we all have a think .... on 08:37 - Mar 5 by Oxford_Blue

Ahem, Three Major trophies in twenty years. Are you 12th_Man in disguise?

Plus nearly a decade of constant European qualification.

For a small Town club like us it was a crazily succesful period.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Come on everyone can we all have a think .... on 11:12 - Mar 5 with 3099 viewsmonytowbray

Come on everyone can we all have a think .... on 10:47 - Mar 5 by GeoffSentence

Ahem, Three Major trophies in twenty years. Are you 12th_Man in disguise?

Plus nearly a decade of constant European qualification.

For a small Town club like us it was a crazily succesful period.

Some of the closet budgies on here are really starting to slip up with the mask.

TWTD never forgets…

Come on everyone can we all have a think .... on 11:20 - Mar 5 with 3078 viewsjontysnut

Come on everyone can we all have a think .... on 09:31 - Mar 5 by monytowbray

when I was a kid me and a mate found an older fiver on the upstairs of an IBC bus and blew it on Subbuteo stuff. We could only have been about 10 but I still feel guilty.

Once I dropped a tenner at work and someone handed it back so I said I'd take him and his mate for chips at lunchtime. They had the full monty and I'd have been better off if they'd kept the tenner in the first place.
Come on everyone can we all have a think .... on 11:20 - Mar 5 with 3080 viewsSikamikanico

Around 15 years ago my best mate found £5 on the floor in game and picked it up.

Later in the queue the boy (about 8) in front of us was paying for his game and was £5 short. His mum went mental at him telling him she knew she shouldn't have let him carry the money himself.

My mate kept quiet and so did I.

The boy left the shop crying and without his game
Come on everyone can we all have a think .... on 11:32 - Mar 5 with 3052 viewsmonytowbray

Come on everyone can we all have a think .... on 11:20 - Mar 5 by Sikamikanico

Around 15 years ago my best mate found £5 on the floor in game and picked it up.

Later in the queue the boy (about 8) in front of us was paying for his game and was £5 short. His mum went mental at him telling him she knew she shouldn't have let him carry the money himself.

My mate kept quiet and so did I.

The boy left the shop crying and without his game

Man I thought mine was bad but you literally watched the fall out of your actions unfold!

TWTD never forgets…

Come on everyone can we all have a think .... on 11:41 - Mar 5 with 3016 viewsurbanblue

I moved to Australia.

I was there watching every week as a youngster during the Robson era. Left the country regularly backpacking during the Ferguson/Duncan era but was back living and going regularly when we got promoted with John Lyall.

Was then off again but back to see us promoted with George Burley. Left permanently with us in The premier League in 2000.

ITFC have been successful when I have been there and going to games.

Reckon you lot should club together and fly me back to watch regularly. On second thoughts ME can!
Come on everyone can we all have a think .... on 11:45 - Mar 5 with 2996 viewsSikamikanico

Come on everyone can we all have a think .... on 11:32 - Mar 5 by monytowbray

Man I thought mine was bad but you literally watched the fall out of your actions unfold!

I did look at my mate and he just shook his head. I had a choice of potentially ending my oldest friendship or helping a boy.

In my head the boy learned to be careful with money
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024