Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Simple pleasures 09:48 - Mar 5 with 1392 viewsuefacup81

1) Being sat on a train, and finally seeing someone ask the bloke to move who’s spent the last half hour of the journey jealously guarding the empty seat beside him. Bonus points when he spends the remainder of the journey hunched up against the window with a scowl on his face.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Simple pleasures on 10:21 - Mar 5 with 1287 viewsbadadski

It’s easy, just keep pretending to mop your brow and cough lots and you will usually get the whole carriage to your self.
Simple pleasures on 10:34 - Mar 5 with 1237 viewsChurchman

Simple pleasures on 10:21 - Mar 5 by badadski

It’s easy, just keep pretending to mop your brow and cough lots and you will usually get the whole carriage to your self.

Or crack one off. The old leaden cloud should see him off.
Simple pleasures on 11:41 - Mar 5 with 1074 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Simple pleasures on 10:34 - Mar 5 by Churchman

Or crack one off. The old leaden cloud should see him off.

I find that usually draws a crowd.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Simple pleasures on 11:52 - Mar 5 with 1029 viewsfooters

2) Flinging a teabag into the bin from the other side of the room.

3) Having a stained kitchen wall from the constant misses.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Simple pleasures on 11:55 - Mar 5 with 1018 viewshatch

In fairness, I do this. I'm 6ft5in and cant fit comfortable into the window seat on a bus or train, so I sit in the aisle seat to allow my legs to go down the aisle. If someone asks I will happily get out of the way for them to take the vacant window seat.
Simple pleasures on 12:11 - Mar 5 with 949 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Simple pleasures on 11:55 - Mar 5 by hatch

In fairness, I do this. I'm 6ft5in and cant fit comfortable into the window seat on a bus or train, so I sit in the aisle seat to allow my legs to go down the aisle. If someone asks I will happily get out of the way for them to take the vacant window seat.

I'm with you on this.

If the seat next to my reserved seat is empty, I will sit in the unreserved set to give me leg room.

...usually means people don't ask me to move as the seat next to me is reserved

Although, I generally dont do that if its a peak time train.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Simple pleasures on 13:51 - Mar 5 with 737 viewsghostofescobar

Simple pleasures on 10:21 - Mar 5 by badadski

I tried something similar the other day. I have to cross the concourse at Liverpool St at right angles to flow of commuters, and usually people pretend they haven't seen you, keep going and cut you up, or bump into you, or tut loudly as they've had to alter their course by 0.5cm etc.etc. As an experiment one evening last week I coughed really, really loudly from one side of the concourse to the other. It was like Moses and the parting of the red sea! I sailed through like I had a force-field around me!

GhostOfEscobar

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024