Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus could kill off Town 12:30 - Mar 5 with 1649 viewsElephantintheRoom

If we believe Marcus Evans runs his businesses a bit more effectively than he runs his football club - and they generate some money - which allows him to drip feed a few million to fund the decline of Ipswich Town - the rise of Corona Virus is a little worrying.

His number one earner is presumably industrial-scale ticket touting for global events which may well be cancelled for the forseeable future.

His number two earner is possibly farcical hot air conferencing - which has been a bit moribund for a while - and is equally threatened by a rampant virus.

And if the elusive Evans is even more strapped for cash.... he presumably won't be putting very much Town's way.

Ironic that not enough hand-washing may eventually lead to Evans washing his hands of ITFC

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Corona Virus could kill off Town on 12:36 - Mar 5 with 1585 viewsFreddies_Ears

His profits will be hit hugely, but he carries virtually no fixed costs relative to most businesses. As soon as the impact of the virus starts to redive, he'll be launching conferences with titles such as "Rebooting your business post-coronavirus" and clean up.
Corona Virus could kill off Town on 12:36 - Mar 5 with 1583 viewsIllinoisblue

You are proud of that hand washing payoff at the end there. Amirite?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Corona Virus could kill off Town on 12:36 - Mar 5 with 1580 viewsDarth_Koont

Actually, that's a good point.

If it's putting events like the Tokyo Olympics under threat, Evans and his business looks fairly exposed by this. I can certainly imagine that trade fairs and conferences will be the most obvious events to suffer.

Pronouns: He/Him

Corona Virus could kill off Town on 12:38 - Mar 5 with 1557 viewsEdmundo

Corona Virus could kill off Town on 12:36 - Mar 5 by Freddies_Ears

His profits will be hit hugely, but he carries virtually no fixed costs relative to most businesses. As soon as the impact of the virus starts to redive, he'll be launching conferences with titles such as "Rebooting your business post-coronavirus" and clean up.

Could end the season early. I'm happy with that: this season has been such a c*&sterf**k that it can't end soon enough.

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

Corona Virus could kill off Town on 12:45 - Mar 5 with 1522 viewsRyorry

Had been thinking same.

If Corov19 goes UK epidemic tho, one upside could be the scrapping of this football season across the leagues?

Downside would of course be football paling into insignificance :(

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Corona Virus could kill off Town on 12:47 - Mar 5 with 1505 viewsStokieBlue

Maybe not having any other businesses with a good income stream will mean he will have to go all in to get town to the premiership in order to have at least one profitable business and will ignore all FFP.

Nah. He's hopelessly exposed to this and it won't be good for town in the long run.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Corona Virus could kill off Town on 13:02 - Mar 5 with 1420 viewsitfcjoe

Corona Virus could kill off Town on 12:36 - Mar 5 by Darth_Koont

Actually, that's a good point.

If it's putting events like the Tokyo Olympics under threat, Evans and his business looks fairly exposed by this. I can certainly imagine that trade fairs and conferences will be the most obvious events to suffer.

I don't think he does much with regards to ticketing and events any more - is more the conferences as number 1 business stream by a distance - which is obviously still affected badly

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Corona Virus could kill off Town on 13:13 - Mar 5 with 1365 viewsPinewoodblue

Corona Virus could kill off Town on 13:02 - Mar 5 by itfcjoe

I don't think he does much with regards to ticketing and events any more - is more the conferences as number 1 business stream by a distance - which is obviously still affected badly

Any businesses prospect of reducing the impact of Covid-19 is going to depend on the health of their business and their ability to adapt.

Look at flybe for example a business in a fragile state has been killed off early. Lufthansa meanwhile has taken 150 aircraft out of service. and most major airlines are reducing capacity across the board

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus could kill off Town on 13:34 - Mar 5 with 1272 viewsDarth_Koont

Yes, I didn't express that properly.

I meant more that if a major event like Tokyo 2020 will be affected or at least will need to face up to the threat, trade fairs and conferences could have a really tough time as they can more easily be avoided by exhibitors and attendees.

Not sure to what degree ME's companies are directly exposed but it's surely going to have a knock on effect if there's a drop off in the industry as a whole.

Pronouns: He/Him

Corona Virus could kill off Town on 14:03 - Mar 5 with 1193 viewsPhilTWTD

Indeed, the media coverage of the Brazil furore - which as anticipated ultimately came to nothing - led to them putting an end to that line of business.
Corona Virus could kill off Town (n/t) on 14:08 - Mar 5 with 1167 viewsmonytowbray

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Corona Virus could kill off Town on 14:16 - Mar 5 with 1145 viewsHerbivore

So much edge, I almost cut myself every time I read your posts.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024