Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Those calling fo Warnock 15:08 - Mar 5 with 5053 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Anyone brave enough to say you were a Mick outer? He is as.close to Mick.in his approach as it gets! Not a bad thing in my view as Mick is very good at what he does. Make no mistake though it would be ripping everything up and starting again with very direct and basics right, in your face football. Warnock will get resuilts. My view is if we go for him its 3-4 games too late as he is an impact guy. He probably has 2 seasons left in him and any new manager would then struggle to make the adaption back from direct football (Like post Mick). It's a super short term approach.

I would love us to be brave and stick to a plan! It looks almost certain Lambert has failed this season. But he does care and he does have a decent football brain (contrary to what some think). He's desperate to build something sustainable. I know i'm in minority and if he goes it is justified but the replacement should be progressive or I only see at best short term bounce.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2020 15:10]

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Those calling fo Warnock on 15:13 - Mar 5 with 4053 viewsr2d2

I wanted Mick to stay and l want Warnock in.
Those calling fo Warnock on 15:13 - Mar 5 with 4051 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Jesus.

Warnock is a more attacking version of Mick. He makes his teams solid, organised and nasty, which is what you need in this division, but they also carry a goal threat and have a Plan B, which Mick rarely had.

Warnock is also a feisty old goat but never would he disrespect his own fans. He's a proper old school manager that people love to hate, but players and fans of his teams love.

Look at what he did with Rotherham. Phenominal. Look at what he did with Cardiff. Excellent.

He's a manager with two very recent successes who hasn't lost any of his magic, unlike the managers we tend to appoint - Jewell / Lambert.

Yes we won't be Brazil under Warnock but we would be all the things we need to be to get out of this division, which we'd all take.

Ironically, McCarthy would be a great appointment for us now (if he'd never been here before) and I wanted him out desperately.

Warnock would have been a great appointment in August or even last month, but unless he's going to do the whole of next season, it's pointless now.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2020 15:17]

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Those calling fo Warnock on 15:14 - Mar 5 with 4042 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

I thought Mick's time was up. Warnock not the answer.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Those calling fo Warnock on 15:14 - Mar 5 with 4032 viewsHerbivore

I'd rather punch myself in the face than have Warnock as our manager at this point, and I say that as someone who appreciated Mick. Mick is basically Colin but with decency.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Those calling fo Warnock on 15:18 - Mar 5 with 4004 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Those calling fo Warnock on 15:13 - Mar 5 by r2d2

Completely fair enough!

Those calling fo Warnock on 15:23 - Mar 5 with 3966 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Those calling fo Warnock on 15:13 - Mar 5 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Jesus.

Warnock is a more attacking version of Mick. He makes his teams solid, organised and nasty, which is what you need in this division, but they also carry a goal threat and have a Plan B, which Mick rarely had.

Warnock is also a feisty old goat but never would he disrespect his own fans. He's a proper old school manager that people love to hate, but players and fans of his teams love.

Look at what he did with Rotherham. Phenominal. Look at what he did with Cardiff. Excellent.

He's a manager with two very recent successes who hasn't lost any of his magic, unlike the managers we tend to appoint - Jewell / Lambert.

Yes we won't be Brazil under Warnock but we would be all the things we need to be to get out of this division, which we'd all take.

Ironically, McCarthy would be a great appointment for us now (if he'd never been here before) and I wanted him out desperately.

Warnock would have been a great appointment in August or even last month, but unless he's going to do the whole of next season, it's pointless now.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2020 15:17]

You've said Jesus like i said something completely different :). Warnock is a great Manager but he's 'as close' to Mick.as there is. I said he will get results.He coukd get us out. I'm just saying it is short termist and we'll have big issues trying to get bacvk to a footballing side. Basically if you were calling for Micks head this will take us back to the same issues!

And yes i agree Mick would be a good.person to get us up.

Warnock would easily have reacted like Mick in the same scenario with fans. He's more combustable in fact!

Those calling fo Warnock on 15:25 - Mar 5 with 3958 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Those calling fo Warnock on 15:14 - Mar 5 by Herbivore

I'd rather punch myself in the face than have Warnock as our manager at this point, and I say that as someone who appreciated Mick. Mick is basically Colin but with decency.

Haha. In fairness away from football Warnock is a decent guy. He runs on emotion in football. He also dealt with the Sala stuff with great dignity in my opinion.

Those calling fo Warnock on 15:27 - Mar 5 with 3942 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Those calling fo Warnock on 15:23 - Mar 5 by Terry_Nutkins

You've said Jesus like i said something completely different :). Warnock is a great Manager but he's 'as close' to Mick.as there is. I said he will get results.He coukd get us out. I'm just saying it is short termist and we'll have big issues trying to get bacvk to a footballing side. Basically if you were calling for Micks head this will take us back to the same issues!

And yes i agree Mick would be a good.person to get us up.

Warnock would easily have reacted like Mick in the same scenario with fans. He's more combustable in fact!

You asked about who should be the replacement and I've answered Jesus.

He genuinely is the only person I could see getting a tune out an Evans side.

Then I've gone on to discuss Warnock.

Login to get fewer ads

Those calling fo Warnock on 15:30 - Mar 5 with 3916 viewsSwansea_Blue

Apparently he's said he's retiring in the summer. Although I can't imagine him sitting at home not being involved in football, so maybe he could tempted into something longer.

As for style, yeah, I'm not a fan either. His Cardiff team were pretty grim to watch and weren't delivering either. But, it's hard to imagine he wouldn't be an improvement.

I just don't see the point of bringing him in for a few games on the vry, very long-shot chance of going up. If that is the thinking it should have been done a month ago when it was obvious what was happening. Which leads me to conclude that this is all rubbish and nothing will happen.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Those calling fo Warnock on 15:35 - Mar 5 with 3893 viewsJ2BLUE

Make no mistake though it would be ripping everything up and starting again

Yea it would be terrible to lose all the progress we've made...

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Those calling fo Warnock on 15:36 - Mar 5 with 3881 viewsSwansea_Blue

Those calling fo Warnock on 15:35 - Mar 5 by J2BLUE

Enter Badger stage left in 3, 2,.......

Those calling fo Warnock on 15:39 - Mar 5 with 3865 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Those calling fo Warnock on 15:30 - Mar 5 by Swansea_Blue

Apparently he's said he's retiring in the summer. Although I can't imagine him sitting at home not being involved in football, so maybe he could tempted into something longer.

As for style, yeah, I'm not a fan either. His Cardiff team were pretty grim to watch and weren't delivering either. But, it's hard to imagine he wouldn't be an improvement.

I just don't see the point of bringing him in for a few games on the vry, very long-shot chance of going up. If that is the thinking it should have been done a month ago when it was obvious what was happening. Which leads me to conclude that this is all rubbish and nothing will happen.

What a way to go out for him too.

Would we actually be the biggest club he's ever managed in terms of history?

Sheffield United stuff and Notts County too donkeys years ago but in his lifetime haven't we achieved more than Cardiff, Plymouth, QPR, Rotherham etc?

It may well appeal for him to end with a season getting a club he admires, a big one from his life in football, back into the second tier.

Those calling fo Warnock on 15:39 - Mar 5 with 3865 viewsTractorCam

I wanted Mick out and want Warnock in. Style of play was important to me when we were a stagnated Championship team, now when we should be in desperate need of promotion I couldn't care less. I've wanted Warnock since January but feel it's too late now.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Those calling fo Warnock on 15:45 - Mar 5 with 3839 viewsBlueBadger

Those calling fo Warnock on 15:36 - Mar 5 by Swansea_Blue

Enter Badger stage left in 3, 2,.......

You lot are all just turning into tribute acts.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Those calling fo Warnock on 16:08 - Mar 5 with 3769 viewsjayessess

I wanted Mick Out for a variety of reasons, but now I'm just numb and past caring who we hire as manager.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Those calling fo Warnock on 17:02 - Mar 5 with 3692 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Those calling fo Warnock on 15:27 - Mar 5 by WarkTheWarkITFC

You asked about who should be the replacement and I've answered Jesus.

He genuinely is the only person I could see getting a tune out an Evans side.

Then I've gone on to discuss Warnock.

Haha. Superb response. Have an uppy!

Those calling fo Warnock on 17:05 - Mar 5 with 3684 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Those calling fo Warnock on 15:35 - Mar 5 by J2BLUE

Thats the smart arse reply...but the reality is we keep ripping it up and starting again. You need a philosophy and long term plan. The road is not always smooth with that approach. But Mick.to Hurst to Lambert to Warnock.is mental..totally different styles each time!

Those calling fo Warnock on 17:14 - Mar 5 with 3668 viewsjayessess

Those calling fo Warnock on 17:05 - Mar 5 by Terry_Nutkins

Thats the smart arse reply...but the reality is we keep ripping it up and starting again. You need a philosophy and long term plan. The road is not always smooth with that approach. But Mick.to Hurst to Lambert to Warnock.is mental..totally different styles each time!

"Long-term plans" are a myth, I reckon. At most football clubs, you actually do just need to keep ripping up the plan and starting again until something starts working, then you stick with it.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Those calling fo Warnock on 17:16 - Mar 5 with 3662 viewsPhilTWTD

Footballing approach became less of an issue than character with Mick in the end, didn't it? Although I appreciate the overall point. I certainly wouldn't think that ME and LON would view NW as the man for the role long term, even if they do see him as a short-term fix for the final games.
Those calling fo Warnock on 18:50 - Mar 5 with 3553 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Those calling fo Warnock on 17:16 - Mar 5 by PhilTWTD

Footballing approach became less of an issue than character with Mick in the end, didn't it? Although I appreciate the overall point. I certainly wouldn't think that ME and LON would view NW as the man for the role long term, even if they do see him as a short-term fix for the final games.

I don't know Phil, people changed their mind on whether it was the football or his character. Or it was both.

I'm not sure i'm comfortable with LON For Lee O'neil btw. That was acronym heavy :)

Those calling fo Warnock on 18:55 - Mar 5 with 3535 viewsSpruceMoose

I thought the football was much better now though? Or is that the match day experience? I get confused.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Those calling fo Warnock on 18:56 - Mar 5 with 3527 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Those calling fo Warnock on 17:14 - Mar 5 by jayessess

"Long-term plans" are a myth, I reckon. At most football clubs, you actually do just need to keep ripping up the plan and starting again until something starts working, then you stick with it.

It's a theory. But i'd always rather a strategy to pot luck.

Look in international game where you can't buy a team im same way. We floundered around while France first and then Germany put long term plan in place and won tournaments. The FA implemented a long term plan a few years back and it's now bearing fruit with tournament wins at youth level and big improvements at senior level.

Investment does help though as well!

Those calling fo Warnock on 18:58 - Mar 5 with 3520 viewsSwansea_Blue

Those calling fo Warnock on 15:45 - Mar 5 by BlueBadger

You lot are all just turning into tribute acts.

Those calling fo Warnock on 19:01 - Mar 5 with 3513 viewsPositivelyPortman

Why in Lambert’s “footballing brain”, did he decide not to bring on Dobra on Tuesday night?
Why did he bring Sears on so late as a sub in the 91st min of the game against Oxford?
Both games were crying out for their input.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Those calling fo Warnock on 19:07 - Mar 5 with 3494 viewsWickets

Those calling fo Warnock on 15:13 - Mar 5 by r2d2

I thought it was right for Mick to go but would be ok with Colin taking over if he would agree to do next season as well ? I am and have always been ok with some long ball tactics and think it is needed in this league playing on the front foot is important for me i dont think Mick's teams did that enough , well not towards the end of his time here .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024