Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We're still just six points out 16:35 - Mar 5 with 5362 viewsJimInGreensboro

Just wanted to add some perspective. In 30 years of professional baseball (announcer for minor league teams), I've seen stranger things happen than what we're facing. We have 9 games left, six at home against nominally weaker clubs, so, as Yogi Berra said, 'It ain't over 'til it's over."
Cheers, all!

We're still just six points out on 16:38 - Mar 5 with 4343 viewsScottCandage

"Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded."
We're still just six points out on 16:39 - Mar 5 with 4321 viewsr2d2

It could be 60 with the players we have. We have no chance.
We're still just six points out on 16:41 - Mar 5 with 4308 viewsHerbivore

Just posted this on another thread for the sake of perspective:

I just can't see it, Phil. We need 7 wins and 2 draws from our 9 games in order to get to 75 points. Fleetwood are currently in 6th and they can surpass that points total by winning 6 and losing 5 of their remaining 11 fixtures. That would leave us needing to win 8 of our 9 games to make the top 6 and I don't see any manager achieving that kind of bounce. We still have tricky fixtures left and we're so horrendously out of form that it looks completely impossible at this point.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

We're still just six points out on 16:42 - Mar 5 with 4303 viewsjayessess

I genuinely believe we could have a decent crack at it with a different manager. Alas, passivity is the Ipswich way.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

We're still just six points out on 16:44 - Mar 5 with 4268 viewsHerbivore

We're still just six points out on 16:42 - Mar 5 by jayessess

I genuinely believe we could have a decent crack at it with a different manager. Alas, passivity is the Ipswich way.

It's already too late. We likely need 8 wins from 9 games and may even need to win all 9 in order to have a chance of sneaking into the play offs. The season is done.

We're still just six points out on 16:45 - Mar 5 with 4260 viewsr2d2

We're still just six points out on 16:42 - Mar 5 by jayessess

Agreed. Give Warnock a chance and he could just do it. Leave Lambert and its all over Saturday.
We're still just six points out on 16:52 - Mar 5 with 4213 viewsHerbivore

We're still just six points out on 16:45 - Mar 5 by r2d2

Agreed. Give Warnock a chance and he could just do it. Leave Lambert and its all over Saturday.

You really think if Warnock came in tomorrow he'd manage at least 7 or 8 wins and no defeats from our remaining games? I'd suggest that's wildly unrealistic.

We're still just six points out on 16:54 - Mar 5 with 4204 viewsGlasgowBlue

A win on Saturday with a couple of other results going our way could see us 3 points off the play offs with 8 games to go.

Have to keep believing until the end.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Login to get fewer ads

We're still just six points out on 17:04 - Mar 5 with 4159 viewsRadlett_blue

"just six points" is a huge gap when you consider that Town are currently almost incapable of winning a single football match.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

We're still just six points out on 17:05 - Mar 5 with 4150 viewsBrightonBlue

Did you go on Tuesday? That killed any slim hope. Dismal
We're still just six points out on 17:08 - Mar 5 with 4132 viewsHerbivore

We're still just six points out on 16:54 - Mar 5 by GlasgowBlue

A win on Saturday with a couple of other results going our way could see us 3 points off the play offs with 8 games to go.

8 games for us, that's part of the problem. Others have more games to play and can afford to drop points here and there. If Fleetwood win 6 of their remaining 11 we will need to win at least 8 of our remaining 9 to overhaul them. We have no margin for error and we don't look capable of anything like that kind of run.

We're still just six points out on 17:12 - Mar 5 with 4105 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Usually teams that are 6 points off and need to make up two wins in nine games on at least three teams have a chance because they are hitting form.

It's never the team that has taken 21 points from 66 available who suddenly take 21 points from 27 and see other results for three other in-form clubs suddenly go their way.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

We're still just six points out on 17:15 - Mar 5 with 4088 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

We're still just six points out on 17:08 - Mar 5 by Herbivore

8 games for us, that's part of the problem. Others have more games to play and can afford to drop points here and there. If Fleetwood win 6 of their remaining 11 we will need to win at least 8 of our remaining 9 to overhaul them. We have no margin for error and we don't look capable of anything like that kind of run.

It's not just Fleetwood.

If we somehow catch them we still have to be 6 points better than Oxford and 5 points better than Peterborough!

It looks hard enough to make up that ground on one team. We have to do it on 3 teams and that is if none of the two teams below us who could go above us with games in hand actually do or we then need to make up points on them as well.

It's done!

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

We're still just six points out on 17:16 - Mar 5 with 4082 viewsPJH

We're still just six points out on 16:54 - Mar 5 by GlasgowBlue

Personally I think it is more hoping than believing.

I think that this season I have gone from expecting promotion(top 2) reasonably comfortably probably up until we lost at Portsmouth.

By the time that we beat Lincoln at PR towards the end of January I was still expecting top 2 but realised that it was not then going to be easy.

After the Rotherham, Perterborough and Sunderlansd defeats I was thinking that we might have to do it via the playoffs.

Since then we have five games that we needed to get a pretty good haul of points from but in fact only got 4.

So now it is hoping rather than believing-now if we can beat Coventry....
We're still just six points out on 17:30 - Mar 5 with 4030 viewsIllinoisblue

There is no margin for error, our goal difference is poor and we’re relying on other teams to mess up. It ‘could’ happen but it won’t.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

We're still just six points out on 17:34 - Mar 5 with 4009 viewsGlasgowBlue

We're still just six points out on 17:16 - Mar 5 by PJH

Personally I think it is more hoping than believing.

I think that this season I have gone from expecting promotion(top 2) reasonably comfortably probably up until we lost at Portsmouth.

By the time that we beat Lincoln at PR towards the end of January I was still expecting top 2 but realised that it was not then going to be easy.

After the Rotherham, Perterborough and Sunderlansd defeats I was thinking that we might have to do it via the playoffs.

Since then we have five games that we needed to get a pretty good haul of points from but in fact only got 4.

So now it is hoping rather than believing-now if we can beat Coventry....

It's definitely hope rather than logic. But until it's out of reach I'm hanging on to the hope.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

We're still just six points out on 18:50 - Mar 5 with 3846 views44_not_out

I’m as annoyed and angry as anyone, but I just don’t get the attitude of just giving up.

Regardless of how we played in the first half, the crowd were Fleetwood’s ‘12th’ man on Tuesday in the closing stages and similarly against Oxford.

If it was Leeds (and I really don’t like them) in the same position having to win to remain in contention, their ground would be full and behind the team.

We are effectively playing ‘play off’ games from now to the end of the season. Let’s put everything aside and help be the difference. Just a thought.....
We're still just six points out on 18:58 - Mar 5 with 3817 viewsBrightonBlue

We're still just six points out on 17:34 - Mar 5 by GlasgowBlue

It's definitely hope rather than logic. But until it's out of reach I'm hanging on to the hope.

I had hope until I watched us on Tuesday. That was a massive slap in the face reality check!
We're still just six points out on 19:04 - Mar 5 with 3792 viewsSwansea_Blue

We're still just six points out on 16:41 - Mar 5 by Herbivore

I just can't see it, Phil. We need 7 wins and 2 draws from our 9 games in order to get to 75 points. Fleetwood are currently in 6th and they can surpass that points total by winning 6 and losing 5 of their remaining 11 fixtures. That would leave us needing to win 8 of our 9 games to make the top 6 and I don't see any manager achieving that kind of bounce. We still have tricky fixtures left and we're so horrendously out of form that it looks completely impossible at this point.

That’s my view too. 6 point gap to make up, could be 9 points after the weekend, and a game less, AND the teams above consistently picking up 2 points a game on average.

Even without the points target, it just doesn’t add up. We’re around a month too late to change it.

There’s a change still of course, but it’s fantastically tiny. Too tiny to spend what could be a summer transfer pot on changing a manager we’d need to change again in the summer. Makes no sense to me.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

We're still just six points out on 19:24 - Mar 5 with 3712 viewsitfcjoe

We're still just six points out on 16:44 - Mar 5 by Herbivore

It's already too late. We likely need 8 wins from 9 games and may even need to win all 9 in order to have a chance of sneaking into the play offs. The season is done.

Teams always stumble over the line - I think 21 points would do it from here (that is still a huge ask)

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

We're still just six points out on 19:28 - Mar 5 with 3673 viewshampstead_blue

We're still just six points out on 16:41 - Mar 5 by Herbivore

Agree.

P.S: This is a football matter so don't get carried away!

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

We're still just six points out on 19:31 - Mar 5 with 3665 viewsChrisd

Need to stop doing this to yourself.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

We're still just six points out on 20:04 - Mar 5 with 3590 viewsOxford_Blue

We need teams above us to lose who are in good form and we need to win most of our remaining matches when morale is at rock bottom and we’ve won 4 from 24.

It’s very unlikely to happen.
We're still just six points out on 20:15 - Mar 5 with 3560 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

We're still just six points out on 17:34 - Mar 5 by GlasgowBlue

Last uttered by Jeremy Corbyn after the exit poll.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

We're still just six points out on 20:20 - Mar 5 with 3518 viewsHerbivore

We're still just six points out on 19:24 - Mar 5 by itfcjoe

Teams always stumble over the line - I think 21 points would do it from here (that is still a huge ask)

I don't think 73 points will do it this year. Too many teams in that top 8 in decent form. For Fleetwood who are in 6th currently, that'd only be 15 points from 11 games and I expect them to get more than that. I think it's over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024