Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert cares about the club - you can tell that 20:46 - Mar 5 with 6099 viewsOxford_Blue

From the way he speaks and behaves. There is genuine hurt in his eyes at the moment. He’s a decent bloke, he’s done what he can to connect with the fans again (when MM really couldn’t care less) and it seemed to be working, with better crowds and the team flying high.....but suddenly it’s turned into a nightmare for everyone.

It must be heart breaking for him that it looks like it may well all fall apart. I’d love to see him turn it around, as we all would, but I think he’s left it too late and there is clearly something seriously wrong with that group of players.

Evans to be fair has allowed him to maintain a high wage budget for the division and let him bring some players in. But there’s been so much failure and frustration over ten years or so that it’s all cumulative and the fans’ patience has now run out.

I suppose I’m just saying that we should spare a thought for Lambert the man who is decent and doesn’t deserve the vitriol he’s getting.

I can’t help think that he’s blown it though. Not sure what the answer is. Probably a younger manager with town links. McGreal?
Lambert cares about the club - you can tell that on 20:53 - Mar 5 with 3521 viewsMattinLondon

A decent chap doing a poor job and you can tell that it’s hurting him and I genuinely believe that he’s trying desperately to claw things back. Unfortunately a lot of the problems are self inflicted and may well have been a result of thinking that we were already up in October.

He doesn’t deserve all of the abuse but the abusers tend to be a tad thick - or some try to justify their actions by referencing the abuse Mick received as a way of vindicating their actions - just childish and pathetic.

I agree with your post apart from McGreal. Don’t think he’s the man for the job.
Lambert cares about the club - you can tell that on 20:58 - Mar 5 with 3482 viewsHerbivore

Is he getting much abuse? Most say he's clueless and a busted flush, which he is, but he's not getting much personal abuse. Mick got called a paedophile ffs and he as also a decent guy, but one who was actually doing a fairly sound job.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Lambert cares about the club - you can tell that on 21:01 - Mar 5 with 3464 viewsOxford_Blue

Lambert cares about the club - you can tell that on 20:53 - Mar 5 by MattinLondon

A decent chap doing a poor job and you can tell that it’s hurting him and I genuinely believe that he’s trying desperately to claw things back. Unfortunately a lot of the problems are self inflicted and may well have been a result of thinking that we were already up in October.

He doesn’t deserve all of the abuse but the abusers tend to be a tad thick - or some try to justify their actions by referencing the abuse Mick received as a way of vindicating their actions - just childish and pathetic.

I agree with your post apart from McGreal. Don’t think he’s the man for the job.

You’re probably right. It’s tempting to revert to the emotional security of a former town favourite but if the likes of PJ, MM and PL can’t make it work with all their experience then a relative unknown is unlikely to do it.

There’s a lot of anger and frustration at the moment and it’s being aimed at the obvious targets.

I think some fans revel in failure. They would actually like to see the club fail and struggle as it gives them motivation to be angry.

I’d love to see Lambert turn it round and the fans to get behind the boys on Saturday and give them everything. I fear it will turn very very nasty if we get turned over. Many of the players will be dreading it - they have been very quiet so far. Some will have been broken by what happened. Being booed and chanted against by your own fans at home will have shattered them. I don’t think it’s lack of effort. It’s just a team that hasn’t played together before because Lambert made several changes.
Lambert cares about the club - you can tell that on 21:02 - Mar 5 with 3454 viewsOxford_Blue

Lambert cares about the club - you can tell that on 20:58 - Mar 5 by Herbivore

Is he getting much abuse? Most say he's clueless and a busted flush, which he is, but he's not getting much personal abuse. Mick got called a paedophile ffs and he as also a decent guy, but one who was actually doing a fairly sound job.

He is on here - although it’s just a forum.

At games he has been getting it too and because some of the grounds are small he has been near to to the away fans / been able to hear chants about him eg “five more years you’re having a laugh” etc
Lambert cares about the club - you can tell that on 21:09 - Mar 5 with 3414 viewsdavblue

It can’t be all take take from the club which it has been for too long. The supporters have done their bit certainly over the last 18 months but as you say people have had enough.
Lambert cares about the club - you can tell that on 21:10 - Mar 5 with 3401 views66notout

Lambert cares about the club - you can tell that on 21:01 - Mar 5 by Oxford_Blue

You’re probably right. It’s tempting to revert to the emotional security of a former town favourite but if the likes of PJ, MM and PL can’t make it work with all their experience then a relative unknown is unlikely to do it.

There’s a lot of anger and frustration at the moment and it’s being aimed at the obvious targets.

I think some fans revel in failure. They would actually like to see the club fail and struggle as it gives them motivation to be angry.

I’d love to see Lambert turn it round and the fans to get behind the boys on Saturday and give them everything. I fear it will turn very very nasty if we get turned over. Many of the players will be dreading it - they have been very quiet so far. Some will have been broken by what happened. Being booed and chanted against by your own fans at home will have shattered them. I don’t think it’s lack of effort. It’s just a team that hasn’t played together before because Lambert made several changes.

Your last sentence confirms why Lambert is struggling. He didn’t have to make so many changes, which is a fundamental error he has made consistently this season. Bishop and Sears, for example, should have started and to replace Woolfenden with Donacien was the work of a madman, as was throwing in a very raw kid for his league debut after labelling it a must-win game.
Sadly, Lambert is out of date and will soon be out of here.
Lambert cares about the club - you can tell that on 21:19 - Mar 5 with 3343 viewsOxford_Blue

Lambert cares about the club - you can tell that on 21:10 - Mar 5 by 66notout

Your last sentence confirms why Lambert is struggling. He didn’t have to make so many changes, which is a fundamental error he has made consistently this season. Bishop and Sears, for example, should have started and to replace Woolfenden with Donacien was the work of a madman, as was throwing in a very raw kid for his league debut after labelling it a must-win game.
Sadly, Lambert is out of date and will soon be out of here.

I agree.

And the squad rotation system really didn’t go down well in the squad according to several people I’ve heard. Plus keeping Norris in the team when he had lost the confidence of the defence, and then the decision to not press on over the international break when we were on form.

That said, I’m not so sure he will be sacked. I think Evans is pretty measured and will give him till the end of the season (barring a total collapse where we lose pretty much every game) and then see where we are after 10 games or so next season. I have a feeling that if we can come just outside the play offs and get some good wins under our belt then Lambert will stay.
Lambert cares about the club - you can tell that on 21:19 - Mar 5 with 3336 viewsHerbivore

Lambert cares about the club - you can tell that on 21:02 - Mar 5 by Oxford_Blue

He is on here - although it’s just a forum.

At games he has been getting it too and because some of the grounds are small he has been near to to the away fans / been able to hear chants about him eg “five more years you’re having a laugh” etc

If you think "five more years, you're having a laugh" is personal abuse then I worry for you. If you think a few boos are out of order then again I worry for you. Accusing someone of having a sexual interest in children is personal abuse, what Lambert is getting isn't.

Login to get fewer ads

Lambert cares about the club - you can tell that on 21:20 - Mar 5 with 3330 viewsOxford_Blue

Lambert cares about the club - you can tell that on 21:19 - Mar 5 by Herbivore

If you think "five more years, you're having a laugh" is personal abuse then I worry for you. If you think a few boos are out of order then again I worry for you. Accusing someone of having a sexual interest in children is personal abuse, what Lambert is getting isn't.

Fair point.
Lambert cares about the club - you can tell that on 21:21 - Mar 5 with 3325 viewsHerbivore

Lambert cares about the club - you can tell that on 21:19 - Mar 5 by Oxford_Blue

I agree.

And the squad rotation system really didn’t go down well in the squad according to several people I’ve heard. Plus keeping Norris in the team when he had lost the confidence of the defence, and then the decision to not press on over the international break when we were on form.

That said, I’m not so sure he will be sacked. I think Evans is pretty measured and will give him till the end of the season (barring a total collapse where we lose pretty much every game) and then see where we are after 10 games or so next season. I have a feeling that if we can come just outside the play offs and get some good wins under our belt then Lambert will stay.

I hope you're wrong. He doesn't deserve another summer.

Lambert cares about the club - you can tell that on 21:25 - Mar 5 with 3283 viewsFtnfwest

Lambert cares about the club - you can tell that on 21:19 - Mar 5 by Herbivore

You do realise that this was a handful of idiots at Brentford and not the widespread ITFC support, because that’s what you’re implying.
Lambert cares about the club - you can tell that on 21:25 - Mar 5 with 3273 viewsPJH

Lambert cares about the club - you can tell that on 21:21 - Mar 5 by Herbivore

He does if we win the next twelve games this season, including playoffs.
Lambert cares about the club - you can tell that on 21:29 - Mar 5 with 3223 viewsOxford_Blue

Lambert cares about the club - you can tell that on 21:21 - Mar 5 by Herbivore

I can see that argument and given the way the season has imploded it’s becoming harder to find reasons to say he should stay. But football is a strange game. A lot is riding on Saturday. A good win will slow down the criticism a little.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2020 21:29]
Lambert cares about the club - you can tell that on 21:29 - Mar 5 with 3218 viewsHerbivore

Lambert cares about the club - you can tell that on 21:25 - Mar 5 by Ftnfwest

You do realise that this was a handful of idiots at Brentford and not the widespread ITFC support, because that’s what you’re implying.

That's alright then. Ffs.

Lambert cares about the club - you can tell that on 21:30 - Mar 5 with 3217 viewsPJH

Lambert cares about the club - you can tell that on 21:25 - Mar 5 by Ftnfwest

You must have big hands.

Dozens of idiots at Brentford would be closer.

Brentford was the worst but several other times home and away there were reasons to be ashamed to be associated with those people.
Lambert cares about the club - you can tell that on 21:31 - Mar 5 with 3205 viewsOxford_Blue

Lambert cares about the club - you can tell that on 21:30 - Mar 5 by PJH

You must have big hands.

Dozens of idiots at Brentford would be closer.

Brentford was the worst but several other times home and away there were reasons to be ashamed to be associated with those people.

Abuse isn’t just abuse of the worst kind.

Songs that you’re getting sacked in the morning and that your football is s*** are all forms of abuse when it’s your own manager.
Lambert cares about the club - you can tell that on 21:33 - Mar 5 with 3191 viewsFtnfwest

Lambert cares about the club - you can tell that on 21:29 - Mar 5 by Herbivore

That's alright then. Ffs.

bdcause that’s what I said ffs
Lambert cares about the club - you can tell that on 21:33 - Mar 5 with 3185 viewsPJH

Lambert cares about the club - you can tell that on 21:31 - Mar 5 by Oxford_Blue

Songs that you’re getting sacked in the morning and that your football is s*** are all forms of abuse when it’s your own manager.

Yes, those idiots made their first appearance at Wigan when we were losing 2-1.

We then won the game 3-2 which confused them.
Lambert cares about the club - you can tell that on 21:33 - Mar 5 with 3197 viewsSomethingBlue

Agree with most of this.

Also think McGreal is a very good bet to be our next manager although - much as he's no idiot whatsoever - it wouldn't tell me good things about the way things are going.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Lambert cares about the club - you can tell that on 21:35 - Mar 5 with 3163 viewsHerbivore

Lambert cares about the club - you can tell that on 21:29 - Mar 5 by Oxford_Blue

I can see that argument and given the way the season has imploded it’s becoming harder to find reasons to say he should stay. But football is a strange game. A lot is riding on Saturday. A good win will slow down the criticism a little.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2020 21:29]

I'm not sure it will. The season is already over. And in any case I'm struggling to see how we beat Coventry right now.

Lambert cares about the club - you can tell that on 21:35 - Mar 5 with 3164 viewsFtnfwest

Lambert cares about the club - you can tell that on 21:31 - Mar 5 by Oxford_Blue

Well if lambert is here for six years producing the same stuff then I wouldn’t be surprised. He’s had too long a honeymoon period for sure and not shown any progress, in fact the opposite. I do wonder what might happen if he limps on to the end of the season.
Lambert cares about the club - you can tell that on 21:37 - Mar 5 with 3142 viewsOxford_Blue

Lambert cares about the club - you can tell that on 21:33 - Mar 5 by SomethingBlue

Agree with most of this.

Also think McGreal is a very good bet to be our next manager although - much as he's no idiot whatsoever - it wouldn't tell me good things about the way things are going.

He would need to be allowed time - like Burley was - to build a team and develop players. That probably means several seasons in league one.
Lambert cares about the club - you can tell that on 21:38 - Mar 5 with 3130 viewsHerbivore

Again, I'm not sure that's personal abuse. That's about him not being very good at his job. Fans are bound to make their feelings known, he's served up the worst 18 months in our history.

Lambert cares about the club - you can tell that on 21:38 - Mar 5 with 3127 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

McGreal would be gone in a year. He hasn't done a good job at colchester. They should be right up there with there squad, but they always fall short.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Lambert cares about the club - you can tell that on 21:39 - Mar 5 with 3116 viewsHerbivore

Lambert cares about the club - you can tell that on 21:37 - Mar 5 by Oxford_Blue

He would need to be allowed time - like Burley was - to build a team and develop players. That probably means several seasons in league one.

Several seasons in League 1? We need to be going for promotion next season.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024