Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Five Point Protest being launched 21:24 - Mar 5 with 7872 viewsMullet

Seems this is going about now. Objectively it seems a 180 from the noises made in August-October which begs why they weren't concerns then I guess.

I wonder where this will lead.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Five Point Protest being launched on 21:35 - Mar 5 with 4795 viewsOxford_Blue

Looks like a load of buzz words with little substance or analysis.

I mean, the first point focusses on the condition of the stadium. If that was fixed tomorrow, how would it change the results?

Fact is that Evans has set up lambert with reasonable resources to compete in league one. We have one of the higher wage budgets and we’ve brought players in. The team was doing well until the new year. Their failure since isn’t the fault of the owner, it’s the playing staff’s fault and the management of them.
Five Point Protest being launched on 21:37 - Mar 5 with 4779 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Good on him I say

Lambert has messed this season up, I 100% believe that.

However, the stagnation and now decline in Evans 10 years is apparent. I don't think it is a case of getting Evans out. But I believe we have to do something as fans to show that this isn't good enough. A lot of us are quick to criticise Evans, fair play to someone for doing for something.

That post makes me seems like I made the protest tbh.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Five Point Protest being launched on 21:38 - Mar 5 with 4770 viewsJDB23

While I generally agree with the arguments made, it does completely miss the point in that we would be no where near mid table if Lambert hadn’t totally balls’d this season up.

We need a competent manager before all of this. These points are much more prominent when we are a division 2 club, being stuck and uncompetitive in League 1 is down to the management and coaching staff.
Five Point Protest being launched on 21:38 - Mar 5 with 4771 viewsWD19

Jesus wept. Putting words in PowerPoint with a glossy background doesn’t make them any more valid. Nor does using 200 words when 20 will do.

E.g.
Transfers: We have been a bit sh!t at this lately. It would be good if we were less sh1t in future.
Five Point Protest being launched on 21:41 - Mar 5 with 4733 viewsSomethingBlue

Five Point Protest being launched on 21:35 - Mar 5 by Oxford_Blue

I mean, the first point focusses on the condition of the stadium. If that was fixed tomorrow, how would it change the results?

Fact is that Evans has set up lambert with reasonable resources to compete in league one. We have one of the higher wage budgets and we’ve brought players in. The team was doing well until the new year. Their failure since isn’t the fault of the owner, it’s the playing staff’s fault and the management of them.

Some of the points are good, others are as you say very flabby. Needs to be written and presented much better before becoming a *thing*. But we do need to be switched on to putting sustained pressure on the owner to change the way we operate and structure the club, as I said yesterday, so it's good people are getting to work and having thoughts. Wouldn't discourage it.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Five Point Protest being launched on 21:41 - Mar 5 with 4728 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Five Point Protest being launched on 21:38 - Mar 5 by JDB23

While I generally agree with the arguments made, it does completely miss the point in that we would be no where near mid table if Lambert hadn’t totally balls’d this season up.

We need a competent manager before all of this. These points are much more prominent when we are a division 2 club, being stuck and uncompetitive in League 1 is down to the management and coaching staff.

Managers will never succeed at this club under Evans.

I guess MIck did to an extent, but he could have had us in the premier league if Evans gave him more support, I genuinely believe that. He could have succeeded more, through no fault of his own.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Five Point Protest being launched on 21:44 - Mar 5 with 4686 viewsOxford_Blue

Five Point Protest being launched on 21:41 - Mar 5 by SomethingBlue

Some of the points are good, others are as you say very flabby. Needs to be written and presented much better before becoming a *thing*. But we do need to be switched on to putting sustained pressure on the owner to change the way we operate and structure the club, as I said yesterday, so it's good people are getting to work and having thoughts. Wouldn't discourage it.

We need an Independent Supporters Club with competent people running it that don’t embarrass themselves if they ever get the chance to speak to the club.
Five Point Protest being launched on 21:45 - Mar 5 with 4671 viewsJDB23

Five Point Protest being launched on 21:41 - Mar 5 by TRUE_BLUE123

Managers will never succeed at this club under Evans.

I guess MIck did to an extent, but he could have had us in the premier league if Evans gave him more support, I genuinely believe that. He could have succeeded more, through no fault of his own.

Depends what you define as success. If it’s getting to the Prem then I agree, but any half decent manager could get us out of this division, Evans or not.
Login to get fewer ads

Five Point Protest being launched on 21:47 - Mar 5 with 4651 viewsitfcjoe

Fair play for trying to articulate something, but lots of it just boils down to be better with a lot of words written around it.

Reality is if we were too of the league they’d be loving life and we should be there or thereabouts - we were top 8 games ago ridiculously.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Five Point Protest being launched on 21:51 - Mar 5 with 4600 viewsdavblue

Five Point Protest being launched on 21:44 - Mar 5 by Oxford_Blue

We need an Independent Supporters Club with competent people running it that don’t embarrass themselves if they ever get the chance to speak to the club.

Could a group of us not start up our own supporters club if the the other one isnt fit for purpose?

I’m not sure how it all works but it wouldn’t be the official club one but surely that could change over the years if the other one loses its value?
Five Point Protest being launched on 21:51 - Mar 5 with 4598 viewsOxford_Blue

Five Point Protest being launched on 21:45 - Mar 5 by JDB23

Depends what you define as success. If it’s getting to the Prem then I agree, but any half decent manager could get us out of this division, Evans or not.

Agree. Evans has actually provided enough of a platform for Lambert this season to compete. We’ve spent more money on transfers and paid higher wages than most teams, and so the allegation that Evans hasn’t supported Lambert are unfounded. Yes, he hasn’t given him £10m to spend, but he has made it clear he doesn’t have that cash or isn’t willing to spend it. Either way, lambert has had a squad and platform good enough to do much much better.
Five Point Protest being launched on 21:54 - Mar 5 with 4556 viewsOxford_Blue

Five Point Protest being launched on 21:51 - Mar 5 by davblue

Could a group of us not start up our own supporters club if the the other one isnt fit for purpose?

I’m not sure how it all works but it wouldn’t be the official club one but surely that could change over the years if the other one loses its value?

Yes we could. I’m not even sure what the actual supporters club does or if we have one.

I guess the plc (which owns 12.5% of the club) would be the appropriate platform really on the basis that it would at least have contact with Evans or his agents via the board / shareholders meetings.

But ultimately Evans knows what the issues are - he isn’t stupid. He’s also being told by Lambert I would imagine.
Five Point Protest being launched on 21:55 - Mar 5 with 4543 viewsMullet

You tend to find it ends up attracting people with axes to grind and/or isn't able to get near anything if not under that umbrella. I'm not at all impartial on the issue though.

In a weird way the supporters clubs of old have been "dying" for years and it was something I wrote about on here a while back. But the reality is the functionality and immediacy of social media is supplanting them.

I know they tend to be cartoony and draw much ire, but effectively the Facebook groups and twitter factions you see popping up are just equivalents these days in many respects.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Five Point Protest being launched on 21:55 - Mar 5 with 4540 viewsOxford_Blue

Five Point Protest being launched on 21:38 - Mar 5 by WD19

Jesus wept. Putting words in PowerPoint with a glossy background doesn’t make them any more valid. Nor does using 200 words when 20 will do.

E.g.
Transfers: We have been a bit sh!t at this lately. It would be good if we were less sh1t in future.

Yes I thought it was embarrassing really.

It needed to have clear aims, solutions and a way forwards and a clear strategy.
Five Point Protest being launched on 21:56 - Mar 5 with 4518 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Five Point Protest being launched on 21:45 - Mar 5 by JDB23

I agree. But success for ITFC shouldn't be getting out of league one. Long term of course. Im not saying we should be in the prem. But we should be better.

Five Point Protest being launched on 21:57 - Mar 5 with 4515 viewsJDB23

Five Point Protest being launched on 21:51 - Mar 5 by Oxford_Blue

Agree. Evans has actually provided enough of a platform for Lambert this season to compete. We’ve spent more money on transfers and paid higher wages than most teams, and so the allegation that Evans hasn’t supported Lambert are unfounded. Yes, he hasn’t given him £10m to spend, but he has made it clear he doesn’t have that cash or isn’t willing to spend it. Either way, lambert has had a squad and platform good enough to do much much better.

Yeah, I do think he could have backed him more in January, especially after just giving him a 5 year deal. Surely you’d want to then reinforce that by giving some funds to help build the foundations of that long term plan from a strong position in the league. Still, that’s not an excuse for where we are currently in the table.
Five Point Protest being launched on 21:57 - Mar 5 with 4513 viewsOxford_Blue

Isn’t this Blue Action?

Where is this group? Lambert met with them didn’t he?
Five Point Protest being launched on 21:58 - Mar 5 with 4491 viewsOxford_Blue

Five Point Protest being launched on 21:57 - Mar 5 by JDB23

Yeah, I do think he could have backed him more in January, especially after just giving him a 5 year deal. Surely you’d want to then reinforce that by giving some funds to help build the foundations of that long term plan from a strong position in the league. Still, that’s not an excuse for where we are currently in the table.

True but the squad was already large and the team were top / near the top. Also it depends who is available. Can’t recall that anyone was on Lambert’s shopping list apart from Wickham which was obviously delusional
Five Point Protest being launched on 21:59 - Mar 5 with 4482 viewsSomethingBlue

Five Point Protest being launched on 21:44 - Mar 5 by Oxford_Blue

There is - notionally - still a Supporters' Trust but what has happened with it is a disgrace and those who remain "involved" should be ashamed.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Five Point Protest being launched on 22:02 - Mar 5 with 4427 viewsfooters

Five Point Protest being launched on 21:59 - Mar 5 by SomethingBlue

There is - notionally - still a Supporters' Trust but what has happened with it is a disgrace and those who remain "involved" should be ashamed.

Was this with the Miss Nice at the helm?

Her article in the EADT suggesting fans were to partially blame/could do more was something else.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Five Point Protest being launched on 22:05 - Mar 5 with 4400 viewsArnieM

But does having one of the highest wage buyers in the division equate to quality or the right kind of player for this division and to get out of it, in the squad ?

Eg
We have paid a HUGE amount of money to Huws , a “ quality” player. Yet like a few others on big money, he’s damaged goods and had didn’t most of his contracted time him in the treatment room. Bishop is another. Judge is another “ quality” player on top dollar who has flattered to deceive in his time here. I wonder what Dozzell is on? He’s not a kid anymore , yer had underperformed for so long .

Frankly these are the kind of players we need rid of . No manager here has room to recruit anyone else whilst the wages budget is wasted on expensive also rans in the squad.

The squad needs to be leaner/ meaner and there must be true competition for a place in the first eleven . One of Lambert’s major flaws wax not filling the bloated squad when he come in and trying to please ALL of the players with this ridiculous rotation system.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Five Point Protest being launched on 22:07 - Mar 5 with 4376 viewsSamWhiteUK

FFS, if stuff like this is going to be written supposedly on behalf of the fanbase, to be taken seriously, can we please get the flaming grammar correct?
Five Point Protest being launched on 22:09 - Mar 5 with 4345 viewsOxford_Blue

Five Point Protest being launched on 22:07 - Mar 5 by SamWhiteUK

FFS, if stuff like this is going to be written supposedly on behalf of the fanbase, to be taken seriously, can we please get the flaming grammar correct?

Yes I agree. It’s amateurish and embarrassing.

It needs to have specific aims and to state them, and to make it clear what the consequences will be if they are not met. Such as boycotting matches / persistent disruption etc until Evans sells or appoints a director of football or makes specific concessions.
Five Point Protest being launched on 22:12 - Mar 5 with 4312 viewsOxford_Blue

Five Point Protest being launched on 22:05 - Mar 5 by ArnieM

But does having one of the highest wage buyers in the division equate to quality or the right kind of player for this division and to get out of it, in the squad ?

Eg
We have paid a HUGE amount of money to Huws , a “ quality” player. Yet like a few others on big money, he’s damaged goods and had didn’t most of his contracted time him in the treatment room. Bishop is another. Judge is another “ quality” player on top dollar who has flattered to deceive in his time here. I wonder what Dozzell is on? He’s not a kid anymore , yer had underperformed for so long .

Frankly these are the kind of players we need rid of . No manager here has room to recruit anyone else whilst the wages budget is wasted on expensive also rans in the squad.

The squad needs to be leaner/ meaner and there must be true competition for a place in the first eleven . One of Lambert’s major flaws wax not filling the bloated squad when he come in and trying to please ALL of the players with this ridiculous rotation system.

If it doesn’t, then the criticism that Evans doesn’t invest enough fall away.
Five Point Protest being launched on 22:31 - Mar 5 with 4168 viewsshouldistayorcounago

I don't understand how you can overlook the catastrophe that has been Evan's ownership - it really isn't that complicated.

When he came in, we were an upper-mid table Championship side. When he came in, we were told we would be a Premier League side before long.

He has invested - in the wrong managers, the wrong staff, and the wrong players. Yes, it could be worse. We could be Bury etc. etc.

Ultimately though, the man has failed to achieve anything with us other than stagnation and decline. I get behind the time as best I can but that man is the one responsible for the state we are in, and news flash, he isn't going to get us out of it!

I said at the start of the season that regardless of what I want from this season, I would be surprised to see us finish above 8th. The first part of the season made me think I had been too harsh. Everything since then has shown me we'll be lucky to finish as high as that.

Certainly some blame falls at Lambert's door, we can all think of bemusing decisions he's made throughout the season. But in reality, the lackluster business strategy and ambivalence from Evans over the last 10 years is what has actually sealed our fate.

I'm not sure whether I'll go again this season, I've done a lot of games this season and put a lot of money in his pocket. At this point it just feels like I'm in an abusive relationship to be honest. I really do love my club but Evans is draining that day by day.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024