Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Message in the dressing room - is this true? 12:08 - Mar 6 with 2486 viewsNthQldITFC

One of the commenting bods on the news story 'Lambert Hopeful on Skuse and Huws', says that there is 'a sign that reads "99% effort = 100% failure"' in the home dressing room at Portman Road.

Is this true? If so that's really sh1t psychology (unless you are a club at the very top of your game) and should be ripped down asap.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Message in the dressing room - is this true? on 12:10 - Mar 6 with 2423 viewsZacak

Why? The least we should expect is 100% effort. Less than that is failure
Message in the dressing room - is this true? on 12:12 - Mar 6 with 2401 viewsSuperblue95

Would you rather a poster that says “put in as much effort as you can be arsed to”?

Some of our players don’t look like they’re anywhere near 99% effort levels as it is

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Message in the dressing room - is this true? on 12:13 - Mar 6 with 2380 viewsjeera

The Comments Section?

Are you new here?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Message in the dressing room - is this true? on 12:14 - Mar 6 with 2348 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

"long ball hoofs = sh*t football"

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Message in the dressing room - is this true? on 12:15 - Mar 6 with 2328 viewsNthQldITFC

Message in the dressing room - is this true? on 12:10 - Mar 6 by Zacak

Why? The least we should expect is 100% effort. Less than that is failure

Because the mentality of this club is very, very fragile and has been for quite some time. Just mentioning '... 100% failure' as part of a well-meaning phrase can be consciously or subconsciously damaging to certain players, particularly now.

Change it for "Give everything" or just "100% effort".

Message in the dressing room - is this true? on 12:16 - Mar 6 with 2311 viewspatrickswell

I’m presuming that this is a leftover from Hurst’s crappy revamp of the dressing room area with banal slogans.
Message in the dressing room - is this true? on 12:16 - Mar 6 with 2307 viewsNthQldITFC

Message in the dressing room - is this true? on 12:13 - Mar 6 by jeera

The Comments Section?

Are you new here?

I know, but this seems to be referring to something at least allegedly factual!

Message in the dressing room - is this true? on 12:17 - Mar 6 with 2294 viewsfooters

Message in the dressing room - is this true? on 12:16 - Mar 6 by patrickswell

I’m presuming that this is a leftover from Hurst’s crappy revamp of the dressing room area with banal slogans.

We should have seen the warning signs when he said he didn't like cheese. But we didn't.

Can't trust anyone like that.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Login to get fewer ads

Message in the dressing room - is this true? on 12:17 - Mar 6 with 2289 viewsJ2BLUE

Message in the dressing room - is this true? on 12:15 - Mar 6 by NthQldITFC

Because the mentality of this club is very, very fragile and has been for quite some time. Just mentioning '... 100% failure' as part of a well-meaning phrase can be consciously or subconsciously damaging to certain players, particularly now.

Are you trolling?

If they can't handle the 'pressure' of facing giants like Lincoln and Accrington they can do one.

I don't think they are emotionally fragile to fall to pieces over a meaningless poster.

Get a grip.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Message in the dressing room - is this true? on 12:18 - Mar 6 with 2287 viewsBluefish

I've just checked my picture of me standing in front of it and it says 90% effort = 100% failure

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Message in the dressing room - is this true? on 12:19 - Mar 6 with 2256 viewshomer_123

Message in the dressing room - is this true? on 12:17 - Mar 6 by footers

We should have seen the warning signs when he said he didn't like cheese. But we didn't.

Can't trust anyone like that.

I hate cheese

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Message in the dressing room - is this true? on 12:20 - Mar 6 with 2240 viewshomer_123

Message in the dressing room - is this true? on 12:16 - Mar 6 by NthQldITFC

I know, but this seems to be referring to something at least allegedly factual!

'allegedly factual'

can't......compute.......

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Message in the dressing room - is this true? on 12:20 - Mar 6 with 2238 viewsNthQldITFC

Message in the dressing room - is this true? on 12:18 - Mar 6 by Bluefish

I've just checked my picture of me standing in front of it and it says 90% effort = 100% failure

That's OK then.

Message in the dressing room - is this true? on 12:21 - Mar 6 with 2224 viewsfooters

Message in the dressing room - is this true? on 12:19 - Mar 6 by homer_123

I hate cheese

How could you, you Muenster.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Message in the dressing room - is this true? on 12:22 - Mar 6 with 2214 viewsjeera

Message in the dressing room - is this true? on 12:18 - Mar 6 by Bluefish

That's not a bad effort though in the face of expected failure.

Mine would say 75% effort if I could be bothered to put one up.

Message in the dressing room - is this true? on 12:23 - Mar 6 with 2183 viewsNthQldITFC

Message in the dressing room - is this true? on 12:17 - Mar 6 by J2BLUE

Are you trolling?

If they can't handle the 'pressure' of facing giants like Lincoln and Accrington they can do one.

I don't think they are emotionally fragile to fall to pieces over a meaningless poster.

Get a grip.

No, not trolling. It's just a belief I have. As with everything, I could be wrong.

Message in the dressing room - is this true? on 12:25 - Mar 6 with 2146 viewsjeera

Message in the dressing room - is this true? on 12:23 - Mar 6 by NthQldITFC

No, not trolling. It's just a belief I have. As with everything, I could be wrong.

Message in the dressing room - is this true? on 12:30 - Mar 6 with 2089 viewsWeWereZombies

Message in the dressing room - is this true? on 12:19 - Mar 6 by homer_123

I hate cheese

Hmmm, I am beginning to suspect that your username and avatar are not actually you...

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Message in the dressing room - is this true? on 12:34 - Mar 6 with 2054 viewsZacak

Message in the dressing room - is this true? on 12:15 - Mar 6 by NthQldITFC

If they're that fragile they shouldn't be here. If it were me I'd see it as the challenge to not be a failure and drive me to work even harder
Message in the dressing room - is this true? on 12:57 - Mar 6 with 1911 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Its a bit of a rubbish line....but this would be clutching at straws having an impact.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Message in the dressing room - is this true? on 13:06 - Mar 6 with 1842 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Yay, ripping down a corny poster solves all our problems.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024