Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
COVID-19 17:16 - Mar 6 with 6659 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Is everyone going about business fairly normally still in the UK? Doesn't seem as much chat about it on here.

I feel the impact more than most in my business but it's everyone has gone into full panic mode and business is not operating anywhere near normal. Economically this will be a 9/11 style hit if it lasts until the early summer. I get the feeling no one is really being tested this side either as the gov tries to play it down in an election year.
COVID-19 on 17:18 - Mar 6 with 4128 viewsDanTheMan

I work remotely so no change for me.

The only impact has been a holiday we have planned to Italy in two weeks today. We're still going but I'm wondering what we're actually going to be able to do there...

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

COVID-19 on 17:21 - Mar 6 with 4103 viewsCoastalblue

I deal with tourists daily in London, from all over but including a large number from the States. As yet I've seen very little impact, actually numbers are low anyway at the moment due to the time of year but are climbing more or less as I'd expect them to.

So far I've not really noticed anything beyond moaning, but that's the Uk for you. Hopefully it gets no worse than that because it could be very difficult for me if the world goes into lockdown.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

COVID-19 on 17:21 - Mar 6 with 4099 viewsSpruceMoose

No real noticeable change here. Office is actually busier because travel has been banned for now.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

COVID-19 on 17:29 - Mar 6 with 4047 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

COVID-19 on 17:21 - Mar 6 by SpruceMoose

No real noticeable change here. Office is actually busier because travel has been banned for now.

Yeah, we have had multiple domestic conferences cancelled for people in the thousands. Crippling!
COVID-19 on 17:38 - Mar 6 with 4004 viewsBlueBadger

Apart from adding an additional layer of infection-control based tedium to any 'query flu' that comes through the door, life is pretty much as normal at [redacted] hospital.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

COVID-19 on 17:41 - Mar 6 with 3990 viewsSwansea_Blue

Loads of contingency planning going on, but no change to operations (yet).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

COVID-19 on 17:43 - Mar 6 with 3985 viewsLord_Lucan

Oooh, I forgot about you - this will be a nightmare for you!

As you know our business is completely unconnected to anything effected by the virus but we have had the worse week for years - FYI we are not as seasonal as when you were in UK as we have diversified. Trouble is no one is spending any money, it isn't just people not going out and about either as half our trade this time of year is to firms that list on Amazon.

It's bloody ridiculous.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

COVID-19 on 17:44 - Mar 6 with 3968 viewsjeera

COVID-19 on 17:38 - Mar 6 by BlueBadger

Apart from adding an additional layer of infection-control based tedium to any 'query flu' that comes through the door, life is pretty much as normal at [redacted] hospital.

I was supposed to have a procedure yesterday but I called them just to inform them I have a bit of a cough and they didn't want me in.

Which is more than fair enough.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

COVID-19 on 17:48 - Mar 6 with 3945 viewsBlueBadger

COVID-19 on 17:44 - Mar 6 by jeera

I was supposed to have a procedure yesterday but I called them just to inform them I have a bit of a cough and they didn't want me in.

Which is more than fair enough.

Yeah, there's a lot of that at the moment. We're actually pretty flush for beds, because a lot of elective stuff is going by the wayside.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

COVID-19 on 17:49 - Mar 6 with 3948 viewsstickymockwell

COVID-19 on 17:41 - Mar 6 by Swansea_Blue

Loads of contingency planning going on, but no change to operations (yet).

I’ve got an order for 20000 hand sanitiser.
They wanted 800000 but I can’t get the raw materials, bottles and staff.
When this is done I’ve been told by the biggest supplier of ethanol the soonest I can get more is in 3 months

Give him a ball and a yard of grass
Poll: How many times have you looked at the table since full time yesterday?

COVID-19 on 17:49 - Mar 6 with 3939 viewsGeoffSentence

More worried about my daughter's cold at the moment. I am going to York for a weekend next week with WIfeSentence and it will be a shame if it is bvggered up by us both feeling a bit crp.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

COVID-19 on 17:51 - Mar 6 with 3926 viewsLord_Lucan

COVID-19 on 17:49 - Mar 6 by stickymockwell

When this is done I’ve been told by the biggest supplier of ethanol the soonest I can get more is in 3 months

Nice one Sticky, have you put your prices up?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

COVID-19 on 17:53 - Mar 6 with 3912 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

COVID-19 on 17:43 - Mar 6 by Lord_Lucan

As you know our business is completely unconnected to anything effected by the virus but we have had the worse week for years - FYI we are not as seasonal as when you were in UK as we have diversified. Trouble is no one is spending any money, it isn't just people not going out and about either as half our trade this time of year is to firms that list on Amazon.

It's bloody ridiculous.

Yep our stock price is down 30% in a matter of weeks.

I thought we might escape the full brunt of if the domestic market stayed operational but it has not. Conferences cancelled left and right and a stop on all travel until May for a lot of the major players. When said and done it's going to be way worse than the Icelandic volcano about a decade ago.

Good job I got the Super bowl and Fury fight in last month it's going to be a lean Q2!
COVID-19 on 17:54 - Mar 6 with 3897 viewsjeera

COVID-19 on 17:48 - Mar 6 by BlueBadger

Yeah, there's a lot of that at the moment. We're actually pretty flush for beds, because a lot of elective stuff is going by the wayside.

I did explain I don't feel unwell but fully understand the wish to err on the side of caution.

I'd be pissed off if I went in for the day and came home with some [avoidable] illness.

Plus, tbf, it meant a needle in my spine so being still is also a prerequisite.

COVID-19 on 18:01 - Mar 6 with 3857 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

COVID-19 on 17:51 - Mar 6 by Lord_Lucan

He should do!
COVID-19 on 18:02 - Mar 6 with 3851 viewsBlueBadger

Idle observation.

Once you notice that you can say 'Covid-19' to the tune of 'Come On Eileen' you'll never be able to stop saying it that way.

COVID-19 on 18:03 - Mar 6 with 3838 viewsjeera

COVID-19 on 18:02 - Mar 6 by BlueBadger

Idle observation.

Once you notice that you can say 'Covid-19' to the tune of 'Come On Eileen' you'll never be able to stop saying it that way.

At this moment.

That means everything.

COVID-19 on 18:05 - Mar 6 with 3831 viewsjaykay

COVID-19 on 17:29 - Mar 6 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Yeah, we have had multiple domestic conferences cancelled for people in the thousands. Crippling!

its ok trump has this covered. a solid flu jab is the way to go ,its better than a normal flu jab

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

COVID-19 on 18:06 - Mar 6 with 3817 viewsSpruceMoose

COVID-19 on 18:01 - Mar 6 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

He should do!

Everything that's wrong and reprehensible with the pharmaceutical industry right there in one post!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

COVID-19 on 18:14 - Mar 6 with 3787 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

COVID-19 on 18:06 - Mar 6 by SpruceMoose

Everything that's wrong and reprehensible with the pharmaceutical industry right there in one post!

Supply and demand! It's how the world spins baby.
COVID-19 on 18:17 - Mar 6 with 3775 viewsSpruceMoose

COVID-19 on 18:14 - Mar 6 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Supply and demand! It's how the world spins baby.

That's a pretty sh!tty world you've got spinning there in my opinion.

COVID-19 on 18:18 - Mar 6 with 3764 viewsjeera

COVID-19 on 17:43 - Mar 6 by Lord_Lucan

It's bloody ridiculous.

Get past that magic Easter mark then hopefully things will pick up.

COVID-19 on 18:20 - Mar 6 with 3751 viewsstickymockwell

COVID-19 on 17:51 - Mar 6 by Lord_Lucan

I’ve had to! But I’m making good money and being fair. It’s really quick and easy. If you look on the net there are many recipes to make your own.
The big problem is going to be bottles. Most bottle companies manufacture here but the caps all come China. Panic buying is going to cost

Give him a ball and a yard of grass
Poll: How many times have you looked at the table since full time yesterday?

COVID-19 on 18:25 - Mar 6 with 3719 viewsSwansea_Blue

That’s just daft. Can’t people buy normally and then buy again later when supplies have been replenished?

Or use soap? Less plastic packaging with soap too.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

COVID-19 on 18:26 - Mar 6 with 3712 viewsvapour_trail

Can I order 1 please sticky.

Mr sainsbury was sold out today. As well as ibuprofen, handwash, antibac wipes and kronenberg 1664.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024