Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Godolphin Link 18:44 - Mar 6 with 2015 viewsbournemouthblue

Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum could do with some positive PR right about now

Come on son, use your knowledge of sport to take Town back to the big time?

I'm sure we wouldn't mind being owned by the leader of Dubai?

[Post edited 6 Mar 2020 18:45]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

The Godolphin Link on 19:17 - Mar 6 with 1891 viewsPecker

What link?
The Godolphin Link on 19:29 - Mar 6 with 1852 viewsnodge_blue

The Godolphin Link on 19:17 - Mar 6 by Pecker

What link?

Oh come on.,..they have a horse in a part of suffolk....that’s really Cambridgeshire.....of course they want to buy our football club

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

The Godolphin Link on 19:49 - Mar 6 with 1796 viewsRyorry

When I started following Town, I had no interest in football & knew diddly squat about it. Only started taking an interest because I lived in Ipswich for 2 years in the mid-1970s when Town were held in high esteem not just on the pitch (Robson era of success) but off it - the Cobbolds, ethical community approach, friendly family atmosphere etc. You could be proud of being in that community within a community.

The day that immoral ratbag Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum owns us will be the day I stop following Town - I'd no longer be able to have any pride in it - quite the opposite.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

The Godolphin Link on 20:05 - Mar 6 with 1716 viewsbournemouthblue

The Godolphin Link on 19:49 - Mar 6 by Ryorry

When I started following Town, I had no interest in football & knew diddly squat about it. Only started taking an interest because I lived in Ipswich for 2 years in the mid-1970s when Town were held in high esteem not just on the pitch (Robson era of success) but off it - the Cobbolds, ethical community approach, friendly family atmosphere etc. You could be proud of being in that community within a community.

The day that immoral ratbag Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum owns us will be the day I stop following Town - I'd no longer be able to have any pride in it - quite the opposite.

There would be a challenging moral question in there for sure, the cashflow would be less of a problem though, that is unquestionable

The Godolphin Link on 20:07 - Mar 6 with 1704 viewsbournemouthblue

The Godolphin Link on 19:29 - Mar 6 by nodge_blue

Oh come on.,..they have a horse in a part of suffolk....that’s really Cambridgeshire.....of course they want to buy our football club

It's in Suffolk just but it's in Suffolk, whether the borders should be redrawn is debatable

They also race in blue so it isn't just the Horse link, honest

Is there any advantage in having a football club for their portfolio? Probably not, are there geographical ties, maybe? Are there any sporting ties which are advantageous?

I know Alan Brazil is at Newmarket a lot and has tried to encourage them to take an interest

There's no question that playing a bit of moneyball could have it's benefits, given the depths we have sunken to
[Post edited 6 Mar 2020 20:09]

The Godolphin Link on 20:08 - Mar 6 with 1700 viewsRyorry

The Godolphin Link on 20:05 - Mar 6 by bournemouthblue

There would be a challenging moral question in there for sure, the cashflow would be less of a problem though, that is unquestionable

More to life than money etc etc (but I know that you knew that, & were basically flying a kite!)

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

The Godolphin Link on 20:12 - Mar 6 with 1674 viewsjaykay

The Godolphin Link on 20:07 - Mar 6 by bournemouthblue

It's in Suffolk just but it's in Suffolk, whether the borders should be redrawn is debatable

They also race in blue so it isn't just the Horse link, honest

Is there any advantage in having a football club for their portfolio? Probably not, are there geographical ties, maybe? Are there any sporting ties which are advantageous?

I know Alan Brazil is at Newmarket a lot and has tried to encourage them to take an interest

There's no question that playing a bit of moneyball could have it's benefits, given the depths we have sunken to
[Post edited 6 Mar 2020 20:09]

i cant remember the owner or trainer, but a few years ago there was several horses out of one stable that all had names linked to ipswich town. e.g come on the blues etc

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

The Godolphin Link on 20:13 - Mar 6 with 1670 viewssuffolkpoker

I heard rumours Daub Alderney Ltd, were looking at us.
This was a while ago and before Rank group bought Daub.

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Login to get fewer ads

The Godolphin Link on 20:21 - Mar 6 with 1634 viewsPecker

The Godolphin Link on 19:49 - Mar 6 by Ryorry

It would be a difficult one if it ever got to that stage. I would personally love a rich owner who could invest serious money into us and potentially make us contenders again, but I am not sure he would be a good fit for us. All successful business people have a past that people could pick a hole in, but this bloke seems to have a colander of a past. Success versus principles?
[Post edited 6 Mar 2020 20:25]
The Godolphin Link on 21:01 - Mar 6 with 1493 viewsCoastalblue

Id really struggle to back something associated with horse racing regardless of the blokes other misdemeanours.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

The Godolphin Link on 10:07 - Mar 8 with 983 viewsbournemouthblue

The Godolphin Link on 21:01 - Mar 6 by Coastalblue

Id really struggle to back something associated with horse racing regardless of the blokes other misdemeanours.

We finally submitted to the betting boom and emblazoned Magical Vegas on our shirts

Godolphin would at least have some sporting connections and may have a better idea of how to run a sports club. I know they've been mired in controversy before and their owner again is controversial so it would be a strange moral question from the off.

However, beggars can't be choosers currently, we are in a mess and someone of that wealth could transform us. Yes it maybe for all the wrong reasons but we certainly need a saviour, whomever that may ultimately be.

The Godolphin Link on 10:09 - Mar 8 with 953 viewsMullet

The Godolphin Link on 10:07 - Mar 8 by bournemouthblue

We finally submitted to the betting boom and emblazoned Magical Vegas on our shirts

Godolphin would at least have some sporting connections and may have a better idea of how to run a sports club. I know they've been mired in controversy before and their owner again is controversial so it would be a strange moral question from the off.

However, beggars can't be choosers currently, we are in a mess and someone of that wealth could transform us. Yes it maybe for all the wrong reasons but we certainly need a saviour, whomever that may ultimately be.

Coastal is spot on.

Do we really want to sully ourselves with a "sport" that is essentially animal cruelty and the social ill of gambling addiction? As you say we have finally allowed a betting firm in, and despite objections which were ignored it's done us precious little good.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024