Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Big, well researched piece on us in the athletic today 07:40 - Mar 7 with 12413 viewsitfcjoe

https://theathletic.com/1653901/2020/03/07/ipswich-town-lambert-marcus-evans-rel

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Big, well researched piece on us in the athletic today on 07:49 - Mar 7 with 7454 viewstextbackup

Can it be copy and paste 😎

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Big, well researched piece on us in the athletic today on 07:49 - Mar 7 with 7454 viewsSitfcB

Can you do your DM thing please

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Big, well researched piece on us in the athletic today on 08:01 - Mar 7 with 7386 viewsDanTheMan

Send me a DM if you'd like to read it.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Big, well researched piece on us in the athletic today on 08:03 - Mar 7 with 7368 viewsCrayonKing

Big, well researched piece on us in the athletic today on 07:49 - Mar 7 by textbackup

Can it be copy and paste 😎

Pretty sure they still do a free trial.

Well worth subscribing to if you want to read about the wider game. Can be got as low as £20/yr if you're patient. If you're only interested in the ITFC articles the free trial should be more than enough though!
Big, well researched piece on us in the athletic today on 08:04 - Mar 7 with 7366 viewsITFC_Forever

If you download the app, you get four free articles a month, and all the ones I’ve read over the last couple of month are extremely well written.

No break clause for failure according to the article. (Edit: without compensation)
[Post edited 7 Mar 2020 8:53]

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Big, well researched piece on us in the athletic today on 08:09 - Mar 7 with 7316 viewsitfcjoe

Big, well researched piece on us in the athletic today on 08:04 - Mar 7 by ITFC_Forever

If you download the app, you get four free articles a month, and all the ones I’ve read over the last couple of month are extremely well written.

No break clause for failure according to the article. (Edit: without compensation)

It says no break clause without a pay out, which I think is what is expected

From what I’ve read it’s something like 2 years salary if sacked, and a reduced pay out of misses certain targets

Big, well researched piece on us in the athletic today on 08:09 - Mar 7 with 7309 viewstextbackup

Big, well researched piece on us in the athletic today on 08:03 - Mar 7 by CrayonKing

Pretty sure they still do a free trial.

Well worth subscribing to if you want to read about the wider game. Can be got as low as £20/yr if you're patient. If you're only interested in the ITFC articles the free trial should be more than enough though!

I’m on me phone in the gym.... haven’t got time to sign up, need to get big! 😎
Ta for info tho

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Big, well researched piece on us in the athletic today on 08:14 - Mar 7 with 7281 viewsITFC_Forever

Big, well researched piece on us in the athletic today on 08:09 - Mar 7 by itfcjoe

It says no break clause without a pay out, which I think is what is expected

From what I’ve read it’s something like 2 years salary if sacked, and a reduced pay out of misses certain targets

And the rest of the article is pretty damning as well and highlights what we’ve long suspected..... absolutely no unity, structure or plan behind the scenes, and pennies pinched at every opportunity, despite the £6m a year ME puts in.

Login to get fewer ads

Big, well researched piece on us in the athletic today on 08:25 - Mar 7 with 7184 viewsHerbivore

Some decent bits but some of it doesn't ring true. For example, the suggestion we can't compete with Fleetwood on wages directly contradicts Barton saying we priced them out of going in for James Norwood. Our squad doesn't lack depth and isn't made up mainly of youngsters, that bit of Lambert spin goes unchallenged. I'd be surprised if we have 'key players' earning £1.5k a week, unless it's maybe Woolfy who is in his first season as a first team player here. Some interesting insights overall, but they get this season badly wrong in a number of ways imo.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2020 8:27]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Big, well researched piece on us in the athletic today on 08:26 - Mar 7 with 7161 viewsHerbivore

Big, well researched piece on us in the athletic today on 08:04 - Mar 7 by ITFC_Forever

He can't go without compensation. The choice of words is quite careful there.

Big, well researched piece on us in the athletic today on 08:27 - Mar 7 with 7159 viewstractorboy1978

Big, well researched piece on us in the athletic today on 08:14 - Mar 7 by ITFC_Forever

And the rest of the article is pretty damning as well and highlights what we’ve long suspected..... absolutely no unity, structure or plan behind the scenes, and pennies pinched at every opportunity, despite the £6m a year ME puts in.

Very well written and tells us a lot of what we already know about Evans.

The bits about MM are intriguing.

I'd be surprised if the section about the wage bill is right though. Saying we couldn't compete with Fleetwood for a player like Whelan and that some of our key players are on £1,500 a week.
Big, well researched piece on us in the athletic today on 08:45 - Mar 7 with 7047 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Big, well researched piece on us in the athletic today on 08:25 - Mar 7 by Herbivore

Some decent bits but some of it doesn't ring true. For example, the suggestion we can't compete with Fleetwood on wages directly contradicts Barton saying we priced them out of going in for James Norwood. Our squad doesn't lack depth and isn't made up mainly of youngsters, that bit of Lambert spin goes unchallenged. I'd be surprised if we have 'key players' earning £1.5k a week, unless it's maybe Woolfy who is in his first season as a first team player here. Some interesting insights overall, but they get this season badly wrong in a number of ways imo.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2020 8:27]

Yep. Being forced into giving nine debuts to players from the academy would sound pretty desperate to the uninformed. Loses impact when many are in the EFL cup.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Big, well researched piece on us in the athletic today on 08:48 - Mar 7 with 7007 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Big, well researched piece on us in the athletic today on 08:27 - Mar 7 by tractorboy1978

Very well written and tells us a lot of what we already know about Evans.

The bits about MM are intriguing.

I'd be surprised if the section about the wage bill is right though. Saying we couldn't compete with Fleetwood for a player like Whelan and that some of our key players are on £1,500 a week.

I just did a quick bit of googling club accounts after reading that. Unfortunately the last Fleetwood accounts I could find were 2018 as it doesn’t look like they’ve published last years yet, but their wage bill was £6m. Ours last season was £19m. Obviously they’ll be a decent drop in ours this time around and theirs will have increased but the idea that theirs is larger seems incredibly fanciful

Suspect the comment about key players earning £1,500 a week has some artistic licence but is probably grounded in truth - eg. Someone like Woolfenden is probably on that amount

The bit about only spending a fee on one player was misleading too, as completely glossed over the relatively expensive freebies (at this level) and loan we brought in, and ignores the fact that spending fees is quite unusual at this level (Transfermarkt indicates that buying KVY makes us the 4th biggest spenders this season, and most of those above us have significant outgoings)

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Big, well researched piece on us in the athletic today on 08:50 - Mar 7 with 6983 viewsHerbivore

Big, well researched piece on us in the athletic today on 08:45 - Mar 7 by WestStanderLaLaLa

Yep. Being forced into giving nine debuts to players from the academy would sound pretty desperate to the uninformed. Loses impact when many are in the EFL cup.

I think in the league it's only Dobra and McGavin, and it took a run of injuries and suspensions ruling out several senior CMs for McGavin to get a debut. Only 5 sides have given fewer minutes to young players than us in League 1 this season. They seem to be placing a lot of emphasis on us not signing Glen Whelan where Fleetwood did, but we don't need a 36 year old CM.

Big, well researched piece on us in the athletic today on 08:52 - Mar 7 with 6950 viewsBluefish

Incredible how PRP gets away so lightly in that

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Big, well researched piece on us in the athletic today on 08:53 - Mar 7 with 6947 viewstractorboy1978

Big, well researched piece on us in the athletic today on 08:52 - Mar 7 by Bluefish

I don't think any of the previous managers take a pasting in that. It is focused heavily on Evans.
Big, well researched piece on us in the athletic today on 08:54 - Mar 7 with 6940 viewsMullet

Big, well researched piece on us in the athletic today on 08:48 - Mar 7 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I just did a quick bit of googling club accounts after reading that. Unfortunately the last Fleetwood accounts I could find were 2018 as it doesn’t look like they’ve published last years yet, but their wage bill was £6m. Ours last season was £19m. Obviously they’ll be a decent drop in ours this time around and theirs will have increased but the idea that theirs is larger seems incredibly fanciful

Suspect the comment about key players earning £1,500 a week has some artistic licence but is probably grounded in truth - eg. Someone like Woolfenden is probably on that amount

The bit about only spending a fee on one player was misleading too, as completely glossed over the relatively expensive freebies (at this level) and loan we brought in, and ignores the fact that spending fees is quite unusual at this level (Transfermarkt indicates that buying KVY makes us the 4th biggest spenders this season, and most of those above us have significant outgoings)

I've not read it yet (hoping someone is kind enough) however, on that point. Don't we famously pay low baseline wages and stack on lots of incentives and bonuses? Hence why our accounting is less straightforward?

Someone told me that one of the reasons the player power theme keeps coming out is down to that, but I've no idea how you can verify it beyond guessing.

I did hear some worrying things about Lambert in the dressing room, not that long into his time here. They all come rushing back at times like this don't they?

However, if you look at Fleetwood this season alone, they have pumped in massive amounts relative to their size and fanbase I'd wager. Barton possibly isn't a high earning manager, but Jailbird, Whelan, Coutts, will still be on a big wage for Div 3 even adjusting for their relative decline in the last few years. I'd be amazed if they weren't taking a punt on sneaking up this season the way they've spent.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Big, well researched piece on us in the athletic today on 09:01 - Mar 7 with 6892 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Big, well researched piece on us in the athletic today on 08:09 - Mar 7 by textbackup

Ta for info tho

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Big, well researched piece on us in the athletic today on 09:08 - Mar 7 with 6840 viewsITFC_Forever

Big, well researched piece on us in the athletic today on 08:52 - Mar 7 by Bluefish

We all know PRP needs to go.... but he is not the only problem.

The complete lack of any kind of cohesiveness behind the scenes, plan to move forward, strategy and general identity are more deep-rooted than a hapless manager.

Big, well researched piece on us in the athletic today on 09:09 - Mar 7 with 6825 viewsartsbossbeard

Big, well researched piece on us in the athletic today on 08:09 - Mar 7 by textbackup

Ta for info tho

Enjoy legs, bums & tums mate.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Big, well researched piece on us in the athletic today on 09:13 - Mar 7 with 6790 viewsBluefish

Big, well researched piece on us in the athletic today on 09:08 - Mar 7 by ITFC_Forever

We all know PRP needs to go.... but he is not the only problem.

The complete lack of any kind of cohesiveness behind the scenes, plan to move forward, strategy and general identity are more deep-rooted than a hapless manager.

The deflection going on though is ridiculous. PRP is going to follow keane is overstaying his welcome and making the hole bigger and bigger. Both of them should have been sacked far quicker, it was so obviously not working but the damage continued. PRP should be getting far worse than jim and mick got

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Big, well researched piece on us in the athletic today (n/t) on 09:20 - Mar 7 with 6745 viewsfooters

This post has been edited by an administrator

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Big, well researched piece on us in the athletic today on 09:25 - Mar 7 with 6701 viewsitfcjoe

Big, well researched piece on us in the athletic today on 08:48 - Mar 7 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Our first team wage bills may be a fair bit closer than realised when you look at stats - that £19m is all club employees, I don’t think they even have an academy

Big, well researched piece on us in the athletic today (n/t) on 09:25 - Mar 7 with 6696 viewsfooters

This post has been edited by an administrator

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Big, well researched piece on us in the athletic today on 09:32 - Mar 7 with 6623 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Big, well researched piece on us in the athletic today on 09:25 - Mar 7 by itfcjoe

Our first team wage bills may be a fair bit closer than realised when you look at stats - that £19m is all club employees, I don’t think they even have an academy

I’ve always been interested in the split between players and other staff. Talk on here the other day about Bart being highest earner £16K. £19M = 22 players on £16K. Must be a fair wedge going to non players?

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024