Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dozzell needs to start for me today 08:47 - Mar 7 with 3702 viewsMullet

I see no way back for Lambert, it's been a sad demise. However, if he wants any kind of empathy from fans it has to be Andre that gets the opportunity for 90 mins. I seem to remember in the reverse fixture he had great success finding Keane and Judge, and I though in the direness of Tuesday he played the most intelligently.

If we are going to continue this decline into summer, and the injuries and suspensions force more rotation and frustration, I'd at least like to see one last showing of what AD might be able to do for us.

Given we have the only choices of Simpson and Sears as strikers and possibly Dobra/Bishop as attacking players in a pinch today, that's a lot of energy and little finesse in parts, I think it needs to come from midfield in the form of Andre. Sitting him at the base if we must play 3 CB's ad having two runners ahead of him would be my preference.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Dozzell needs to start for me today on 09:15 - Mar 7 with 2646 viewsBluefish

Completely agree about Dozzell, he was one of the few positives from Tuesday. We need to find a way to work for him though opposed to just chucking him in to fill a space. I wouldn't play judge, he is so far off that he slows any positive attack down.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Dozzell needs to start for me today on 09:17 - Mar 7 with 2637 viewstractorboy1978

if Dozzell leaves here without having ever played a run of games it will be criminal. As someone mentioned on the BM podcast the other day, he seems to only get a game when we make wholesale changes which isn't conducive to a good performance.
Dozzell needs to start for me today on 09:19 - Mar 7 with 2622 viewsartsbossbeard

I still don't get the fuss.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Dozzell needs to start for me today on 09:20 - Mar 7 with 2619 viewsbrogansnose

Dozzell needs to start for me today on 09:15 - Mar 7 by Bluefish

Completely agree about Dozzell, he was one of the few positives from Tuesday. We need to find a way to work for him though opposed to just chucking him in to fill a space. I wouldn't play judge, he is so far off that he slows any positive attack down.

I spent most of Tuesdays match watching Dozzell and thought he had a good game, always looking for that forward incisive pass.
Dozzell needs to start for me today on 09:25 - Mar 7 with 2588 viewsBluefish

Dozzell needs to start for me today on 09:20 - Mar 7 by brogansnose

I spent most of Tuesdays match watching Dozzell and thought he had a good game, always looking for that forward incisive pass.

Agreed. His passing was on a completely different level and shows what we have missed. The issue is getting him into the game and on the ball, if we just chuck him in the centre the game bypasses him. I would play him in a diamond with Huws and Nolan (in the absence of downes) in front and Bishop at the top. The problem there though is having 2 striker available. Dozzell would work well with Jackson to pick holes behind the defence.

Dozzell needs to start for me today on 09:25 - Mar 7 with 2595 viewsPJH

Dozzell needs to start for me today on 09:20 - Mar 7 by brogansnose

I think he had a relatively good game and in my opinion the best of our players.

He did what he does most games which is plays some intelligent passes which sometimes prove to be too intelligent and also disappears for chunks of the game.

It seems to me that he would be a good player in a confident team that is playing well but I am not sure that he is the right person in a team that is neither confident or playing well.

He, like most players of his type, needs other players to be on his wavelength for him to have much influence on a game.
Dozzell needs to start for me today on 09:29 - Mar 7 with 2574 viewsHerbivore

He should start most if not all games for the rest of the season. Nothing to lose in giving him a proper run now. I'd do the same with Dobra. We don't need to see anymore of Judge.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Dozzell needs to start for me today on 09:33 - Mar 7 with 2557 viewsbrogansnose

Dozzell needs to start for me today on 09:25 - Mar 7 by PJH

I think he had a relatively good game and in my opinion the best of our players.

He did what he does most games which is plays some intelligent passes which sometimes prove to be too intelligent and also disappears for chunks of the game.

It seems to me that he would be a good player in a confident team that is playing well but I am not sure that he is the right person in a team that is neither confident or playing well.

He, like most players of his type, needs other players to be on his wavelength for him to have much influence on a game.

That last paragraph of yours is spot on PJ. Tuesday night night seemed to highlight the 'same wavelength ' issue and on more than a few occaisions I was thinking 'nice ball young Jason'. * I'm putting this down to the lack of an overall playing identity and ethos where players form the youths should seemlessly fit into the first team - admittedly PL has mentioned the fact that this hasn't been happening hitherto. I am also reminded of that young gun performance the other season against Palace in the cup.

* I always seem to call him after his fathers name for some daft reason.
Login to get fewer ads

Dozzell needs to start for me today on 09:36 - Mar 7 with 2538 viewsKeaneish

Dozzell needs to start for me today on 09:19 - Mar 7 by artsbossbeard

Sentimentality. Apart from the odd quick ball around the corner he rarely offers anything of note. People clamber for him to get a run of games but when he’s had two or three back to back starts he’s disappeared. He’s not going to make the grade imo.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Dozzell needs to start for me today on 09:37 - Mar 7 with 2528 viewsr2d2

Im glad he should start for you. Have you a team then? If l had a team he would have been binned off last season. I dont see the fuss. He does nothing. Is lightweight and most games pass him by, you wouldnt know he is on the pitch. One nice pass every 3 games isnt the answer.
Dozzell needs to start for me today on 09:40 - Mar 7 with 2505 viewstractorboy1978

Dozzell needs to start for me today on 09:36 - Mar 7 by Keaneish

Sentimentality. Apart from the odd quick ball around the corner he rarely offers anything of note. People clamber for him to get a run of games but when he’s had two or three back to back starts he’s disappeared. He’s not going to make the grade imo.

Two or three starts in a row sums it up. That's not a run in the team.
Dozzell needs to start for me today on 09:44 - Mar 7 with 2477 viewsHerbivore

Dozzell needs to start for me today on 09:36 - Mar 7 by Keaneish

He's barely even been given two or three starts in a row and that isn't really a run in the side. Contrast that with the likes of Judge, who has started most games despite being awful, and Nolan who regularly gets game time without producing anything. It's not much to ask for Dozzell to be given more of a go.

Dozzell needs to start for me today on 09:45 - Mar 7 with 2472 viewsbrogansnose

Dozzell needs to start for me today on 09:25 - Mar 7 by Bluefish

Agreed. His passing was on a completely different level and shows what we have missed. The issue is getting him into the game and on the ball, if we just chuck him in the centre the game bypasses him. I would play him in a diamond with Huws and Nolan (in the absence of downes) in front and Bishop at the top. The problem there though is having 2 striker available. Dozzell would work well with Jackson to pick holes behind the defence.

Young Jason threading balls through- which he can clearly do - for Jackson and Freddie running at pace at defenders in this league would terrify them. I've got to say that PL has had the time and resources ,coupled with good will, to develop a playing style and identity post the Hurst mess and he's twonked it up. A lot more people would be on board if they could seem some green shoots but there are none.

Jones in.
Dozzell needs to start for me today on 09:45 - Mar 7 with 2461 viewsBackToRussia

Dozzell needs to start for me today on 09:19 - Mar 7 by artsbossbeard

Of course you don't.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Dozzell needs to start for me today on 09:46 - Mar 7 with 2457 viewsartsbossbeard

Dozzell needs to start for me today on 09:45 - Mar 7 by BackToRussia

Of course you don't.

See you at the ground!

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

Dozzell needs to start for me today on 09:47 - Mar 7 with 2454 viewsHerbivore

Dozzell needs to start for me today on 09:25 - Mar 7 by Bluefish

You need the player at the base of the diamond to do some defensive work. Dozzer isn't ready for that role at this point.

Dozzell needs to start for me today on 09:47 - Mar 7 with 2446 viewsBackToRussia

Dozzell needs to start for me today on 09:46 - Mar 7 by artsbossbeard

See you at the ground!

Lol, weird.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Dozzell needs to start for me today on 09:48 - Mar 7 with 2432 viewsartsbossbeard

Dozzell needs to start for me today on 09:47 - Mar 7 by BackToRussia

Lol, weird.

Stalking someone around a football forum is waaaay weirder.

Def info.

Dozzell needs to start for me today on 09:49 - Mar 7 with 2432 viewsr2d2

Dozzell needs to start for me today on 09:45 - Mar 7 by brogansnose

Young Jason threading balls through- which he can clearly do - for Jackson and Freddie running at pace at defenders in this league would terrify them. I've got to say that PL has had the time and resources ,coupled with good will, to develop a playing style and identity post the Hurst mess and he's twonked it up. A lot more people would be on board if they could seem some green shoots but there are none.

Jones in.

Threading balls through. In your dreams. Even if he did that Jacksons first touch is so awful it would bounce 5 ft away from him and Freddie would just run up his own @rse. Our strikers are appalling.
Dozzell needs to start for me today on 09:50 - Mar 7 with 2412 viewsBackToRussia

Dozzell needs to start for me today on 09:48 - Mar 7 by artsbossbeard

Stalking someone around a football forum is waaaay weirder.

Def info.

You mean rather than asking your pals on here for gossip about me you mean?

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Dozzell needs to start for me today on 09:53 - Mar 7 with 2385 viewsbrogansnose

Dozzell needs to start for me today on 09:49 - Mar 7 by r2d2

Threading balls through. In your dreams. Even if he did that Jacksons first touch is so awful it would bounce 5 ft away from him and Freddie would just run up his own @rse. Our strikers are appalling.

.............and so are many other strikers in this league, but we have what we have and that long ball up the middle sure as hell isn't working.
Dozzell needs to start for me today on 09:53 - Mar 7 with 2378 viewsartsbossbeard

Dozzell needs to start for me today on 09:50 - Mar 7 by BackToRussia

You mean rather than asking your pals on here for gossip about me you mean?

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

Swivel eyed loon stuff here, fella.

Dozzell needs to start for me today on 09:56 - Mar 7 with 2363 viewsBluefish

Dozzell needs to start for me today on 09:47 - Mar 7 by Herbivore

You need the player at the base of the diamond to do some defensive work. Dozzer isn't ready for that role at this point.

Not necessarily. That is why I talked about setting up to support him. Huws is strong in front and Nolan is there to close down and chase. Ordinarily i agree with you thtabisnwhy i always appreciated Skuse but we need to set up for Andre opposed to chucking him in and expecting him to shine. He has to apply himself as well but as this rate he will drift away and do it elsewhere

Dozzell needs to start for me today on 10:00 - Mar 7 with 2335 viewsBluefish

Dozzell needs to start for me today on 09:53 - Mar 7 by brogansnose

.............and so are many other strikers in this league, but we have what we have and that long ball up the middle sure as hell isn't working.

It is also exactly what young Tyreece is built for. I hope we don't lump at him and keep exposing his touch

Dozzell needs to start for me today on 10:08 - Mar 7 with 2314 viewsKeaneish

Dozzell needs to start for me today on 09:44 - Mar 7 by Herbivore

He's barely even been given two or three starts in a row and that isn't really a run in the side. Contrast that with the likes of Judge, who has started most games despite being awful, and Nolan who regularly gets game time without producing anything. It's not much to ask for Dozzell to be given more of a go.

I think he’s made nigh on 40 appearances in a town and I’m struggling to remember more than one or two of them being of note. An accomplished passer of the ball but there’s a tonne of other things he’s so poor at. Tackling, tracking, work rate, heading. He’s got a lot to improve on to even be give a regular run for me. Saying that, to the point. Why not? Nolan has been awful. Skuse is done. Huws is way off where he should be so why not!?

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024