Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does Evans actually have the money to spend? 21:18 - Mar 7 with 1149 viewsOxford_Blue

If he doesn’t, then he’s in the same boat as Sheepdhanks and co, although at least Evans does put in around £6m a year or so rather than having to sell players to balance the books.

I’m not sure he does have the kind of disposable cash available anymore. His businesses took a real hit in the immediate post recession period and accounts filed at Companies House by his UK holding company show that it is barely making any money.

I don’t know about his other businesses but the world of corporate hospitality is struggling generally, and the current virus concerns won’t help. My point is it’s all well and good to see that he’s valued at £800m, but that’s his assets not cash. I doubt he has the money to afford to spend £30-50m which is what it would take (at least) to get us competitive in the championship again.
Does Evans actually have the money to spend? on 21:20 - Mar 7 with 1129 viewsthebooks

He’ll spend the bare minimum regardless, as we’ve seen over the last six or so seasons, and he’ll sell players when he can.
Does Evans actually have the money to spend? on 21:23 - Mar 7 with 1102 viewsOxford_Blue

Does Evans actually have the money to spend? on 21:20 - Mar 7 by thebooks

He’ll spend the bare minimum regardless, as we’ve seen over the last six or so seasons, and he’ll sell players when he can.

But depending on the answer to my question that may be a perfectly reasonable and understandable strategy. If he doesn’t have £30-50m in cash lying around, then how can he spend it?
Does Evans actually have the money to spend? on 21:26 - Mar 7 with 1084 viewsIllinoisblue

A competent manager would do more, much more, with this squad. We are struggling to keep up with Fleetwood Town.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Does Evans actually have the money to spend? on 21:29 - Mar 7 with 1065 viewsthebooks

Does Evans actually have the money to spend? on 21:23 - Mar 7 by Oxford_Blue

But depending on the answer to my question that may be a perfectly reasonable and understandable strategy. If he doesn’t have £30-50m in cash lying around, then how can he spend it?

It’s not a strategy because that would imply there’s a goal. He’s simply trying to minimise expenses, as he has been for some time — nothing else, regardless of his/the company’s fortunes. Presumably he’s hoping to offload the club.

Also, good luck finding out anything about Marcus Evans group
Does Evans actually have the money to spend? on 21:32 - Mar 7 with 1036 viewsOxford_Blue

Does Evans actually have the money to spend? on 21:29 - Mar 7 by thebooks

It’s not a strategy because that would imply there’s a goal. He’s simply trying to minimise expenses, as he has been for some time — nothing else, regardless of his/the company’s fortunes. Presumably he’s hoping to offload the club.

Also, good luck finding out anything about Marcus Evans group

His UK based companies’ accounts are all accessible as one would expect including his holding company.

My point is that at one point he was making quite a lot of money available for Magilton, Keane and PJ, but has now stopped. I’m implying this is because he can’t justify the expenditure any more
Does Evans actually have the money to spend? on 21:39 - Mar 7 with 1017 viewsthebooks

Does Evans actually have the money to spend? on 21:32 - Mar 7 by Oxford_Blue

His UK based companies’ accounts are all accessible as one would expect including his holding company.

My point is that at one point he was making quite a lot of money available for Magilton, Keane and PJ, but has now stopped. I’m implying this is because he can’t justify the expenditure any more

And I say it’s because he took a punt on promotion and it didn’t come off.

Where is the company located?
Does Evans actually have the money to spend? on 21:44 - Mar 7 with 979 viewsKeaneish

If he doesn’t, why doesn’t he put 20% of the business up for sale to generate funds? He’d still be a majority shareholder and it would raise much needed funds to push the club forward.

It would seem the sensible option for all parties involved, surely? I’ve always felt there is something majorly amiss with this whole setup and I see nothing from ME looking to change our plight so it’s mutually beneficial.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Does Evans actually have the money to spend? on 22:29 - Mar 7 with 880 viewsBloomBlue

Does Evans actually have the money to spend? on 21:44 - Mar 7 by Keaneish

If he doesn’t, why doesn’t he put 20% of the business up for sale to generate funds? He’d still be a majority shareholder and it would raise much needed funds to push the club forward.

It would seem the sensible option for all parties involved, surely? I’ve always felt there is something majorly amiss with this whole setup and I see nothing from ME looking to change our plight so it’s mutually beneficial.

But if he puts in a load of his own money that's not included as income and we would break FFP rules which would/could result in points deduction
Login to get fewer ads

Does Evans actually have the money to spend? on 22:33 - Mar 7 with 859 viewsKeaneish

Does Evans actually have the money to spend? on 22:29 - Mar 7 by BloomBlue

But if he puts in a load of his own money that's not included as income and we would break FFP rules which would/could result in points deduction

Any Idea what those thresholds are? Investment can’t just be income related surely?

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024