Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So who would you want to actually stay? 22:05 - Mar 7 with 5588 viewsDinnernotTea

Loads saying (and rightly so) sack the players as well. Obviously that isn't going to happen. But come August who do you NOT want here? So many I'd happily not see wear our blue ever again. For me:

Chambers
Skuse
Judge
Keane
Nolan
Kenlock
Donacien
Nsiala

Whoever is Evans' next victim he will have a huge rebuild on his hands.

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

So who would you want to actually stay? on 22:08 - Mar 7 with 3415 viewsSpruceMoose

Anyone under the age of 24 can stay. The rest... GTFO.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

So who would you want to actually stay? on 22:08 - Mar 7 with 3429 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The most important thing is to mould a squad that works. Some players can go because their contracts are up, some because they will raise significant funds and allow us to improve.

Whatever it is we need motivated players with some leadership and organisational ability on the pitch. This will require a manager who commands respect but makes sensible and transparent decisions without being a regimental sergeant major.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

So who would you want to actually stay? on 22:14 - Mar 7 with 3393 viewsthebooks

You could do something with this squad in L1. I do think there are too many crocked players and too many samey central midfielders.

Who I wouldn’t be bothered seeing leave? Wilson, Nolan, Nsiala, Bishop, Huws, Skuse (pains me to say it), Judge, Norwood (possibly, perhaps he will turn out OK, but I’m unimpressed).

Feel the midfield needs rebuilding. Huws and Bishop injured too much. Maybe Judge just needs to move on. Nolan offers little.

It can be hard to tell how good/bad some of these players are because the team’s not well managed,
So who would you want to actually stay? on 22:14 - Mar 7 with 3391 viewsDinnernotTea

So who would you want to actually stay? on 22:08 - Mar 7 by Nthsuffolkblue

The most important thing is to mould a squad that works. Some players can go because their contracts are up, some because they will raise significant funds and allow us to improve.

Whatever it is we need motivated players with some leadership and organisational ability on the pitch. This will require a manager who commands respect but makes sensible and transparent decisions without being a regimental sergeant major.

For me it's Joey Barton. As a character he wouldn't have allowed what we've served up this season (especially, yet again, from our senior pros). And he clearly gets poor players to play way above their level. All done with not a pot to piss in.

No brainer.

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

So who would you want to actually stay? on 22:15 - Mar 7 with 3363 viewsSpruceMoose

So who would you want to actually stay? on 22:14 - Mar 7 by DinnernotTea

For me it's Joey Barton. As a character he wouldn't have allowed what we've served up this season (especially, yet again, from our senior pros). And he clearly gets poor players to play way above their level. All done with not a pot to piss in.

No brainer.

If JB is ever associated with ITFC then the ITFC I know and have loved will be well and truly dead and buried.

We don't need the stain of another violent thug being our manager on top of every else.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2020 22:19]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

So who would you want to actually stay? on 22:20 - Mar 7 with 3311 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

So who would you want to actually stay? on 22:15 - Mar 7 by SpruceMoose

If JB is ever associated with ITFC then the ITFC I know and have loved will be well and truly dead and buried.

We don't need the stain of another violent thug being our manager on top of every else.

I think "snowflake" is the contemporary response to this.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

So who would you want to actually stay? on 22:21 - Mar 7 with 3306 viewsStokieBlue

So who would you want to actually stay? on 22:08 - Mar 7 by SpruceMoose

Anyone under the age of 24 can stay. The rest... GTFO.

Jackson?

He's been probably our best player. 26 is close to 24 so can we sneak him inside a laundry basket or something?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

So who would you want to actually stay? on 22:25 - Mar 7 with 3272 viewsNthsuffolkblue

No brainer.

I think there are candidates who can command respect far better than the way he appears to have done.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Login to get fewer ads

So who would you want to actually stay? on 22:29 - Mar 7 with 3254 viewsstrikalite

Can't argue with your list...

Nathan Jones will fill in the gaps..
So who would you want to actually stay? on 22:30 - Mar 7 with 3239 viewsSpruceMoose

So who would you want to actually stay? on 22:21 - Mar 7 by StokieBlue

Jackson?

He's been probably our best player. 26 is close to 24 so can we sneak him inside a laundry basket or something?

SB

I will allow it.

So who would you want to actually stay? on 22:34 - Mar 7 with 3223 viewsIllinoisblue

So who would you want to actually stay? on 22:15 - Mar 7 by SpruceMoose

I’d have him here in a heartbeat. He has a winning mentality. As for tarnishing our image, that ship has sailed. As soon as Evans took over the Ipswich of old was dead and gone.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

So who would you want to actually stay? on 22:41 - Mar 7 with 3187 viewsSpruceMoose

So who would you want to actually stay? on 22:34 - Mar 7 by Illinoisblue

I’d have him here in a heartbeat. He has a winning mentality. As for tarnishing our image, that ship has sailed. As soon as Evans took over the Ipswich of old was dead and gone.

You say that now but when he's stubbing a cigar out on Klug's eyelid...

So who would you want to actually stay? on 22:46 - Mar 7 with 3152 viewsVaughan8

I thought that list was the ones you wanted to stay haha.

Can’t disagree with any of them.
So who would you want to actually stay? on 22:49 - Mar 7 with 3150 viewspositivity

No brainer.

so you want a hard taskmaster?
someone who has a go at the senior pros?
gets poor players to play well above their level?
works on a tight budget?

what about paul hurst, worked wonders at the shrews?

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

So who would you want to actually stay? on 00:27 - Mar 8 with 2994 viewsBlueBadger

No brainer.

Well, he IS very famous and good at interviews.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

So who would you want to actually stay? on 00:35 - Mar 8 with 2981 viewspointofblue

No brainer.

There was another manager with this kind of record called Paul Hurst. Anyone remember what happened with him?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

So who would you want to actually stay? on 02:05 - Mar 8 with 2924 viewseddiespearitt03

Ya can add another 6 players to that list.
So who would you want to actually stay? on 03:07 - Mar 8 with 2884 viewsbournemouthblue

Chambers - I can't imagine he's going any where, he'll probably get a coaching role? I'd be happy for him to go if we had a decent senior replacement

Skuse - I'm lead to believe when he does eventually retire, Brizzle are keen for him to get involved in coaching over there? The same as Chambers for me

I have heard rumours that Chambers and Skuse still have a lot of influence over things and this could actually be counter productive

Judge either needs to become a central midfielder or we should release him imho, he just doesn't do it in that number 10 role despite all his effort

Keane is worth persisting with whilst still in League One

Nolan - tough one, he's rarely played regularly enough to make a judgement. It's still a mystery what his position is?

Kenlock - I seem to be a rare fan of Kenlock but Lambert and many others don't seem to rate him

Donacien - Seems solid enough if unspectular. Given our preference for 352, could he become a centre back who gets forward on attacks? I'd like to see him play on the right side of the three before totally casting him adrift

Nsiala is surely gone, I don't believe he has settled in the area which may have contributed to some of his puzzling performances. He'll probably go somewhere else and suddenly look good.

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

So who would you want to actually stay? on 03:09 - Mar 8 with 2882 viewsIllinoisblue

So who would you want to actually stay? on 22:41 - Mar 7 by SpruceMoose

You say that now but when he's stubbing a cigar out on Klug's eyelid...

Barton v Ham and Watson. You’d love to see it

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

So who would you want to actually stay? on 03:22 - Mar 8 with 2863 viewsDoctor_Earman

Only 1 of those players you mention are out of contract at the end of the season (Skuse). As for the rest, we will most likely be stuck with them as no one else will take them off our hands. There will be no rebuild. It will be more of the same with the same old chronic underperformers out on the pitch.
So who would you want to actually stay? on 06:29 - Mar 8 with 2753 viewsChurchman

No brainer.

I’d hate to see Barton anywhere near the club. Aside from what he is, he just seems a poor fit
So who would you want to actually stay? on 06:50 - Mar 8 with 2723 viewsstopmoaning

So who would you want to actually stay? on 06:29 - Mar 8 by Churchman

I’d hate to see Barton anywhere near the club. Aside from what he is, he just seems a poor fit

I cannot fathom why anyone would ever suggest he manages town.

To be honest though, I am at a loss as to why anyone would let Norwood go too like suggested above.
So who would you want to actually stay? on 06:51 - Mar 8 with 2724 viewsNo9

To be candid that list shows a horrible ££ burden on the payroll.
With the exception of the skipper the others should have been released at the end of last season.
Chambers would have been retained for his leadership which has now evaporated.
So who would you want to actually stay? on 09:37 - Mar 8 with 2551 viewsBiGDonnie

They are all w@nk.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

So who would you want to actually stay? on 09:41 - Mar 8 with 2544 viewsAce_High1

Move on the lot, lets do a Bolton and start again.

A number of the players people are saying let's hold onto have been part of the worst town squad ever (last 5 years) which has continually failed, played awful football and makes constant mistakes.

Not one player would be missed.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024