Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brett McGavin 07:13 - Mar 8 with 2764 viewsurbanblue

So what was the story there then? Selected to start on Tuesday ... hooked at half time and then not even in the squad yesterday!!

Another one who's confidence will probably have taken a big hit.

It's all wrong eh!
Brett McGavin on 07:16 - Mar 8 with 2740 viewslazyblue

Not really, Bishop and Skuse fit again so he would understand situation.
Brett McGavin on 07:26 - Mar 8 with 2694 viewsurbanblue

Brett McGavin on 07:16 - Mar 8 by lazyblue

Not really, Bishop and Skuse fit again so he would understand situation.

I thought of that but he was selected ahead of Bishop, Edwards, Sears and Woolfenden on Tuesday. I appreciate formation is a factor but there really is no rhyme and reason to Lambert's selection policy. No consistency at all. You may say McGavin will understand the situation but I would suggest he may be massively disappointed that it was seen by Lambert that he didn't grab his chance.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2020 7:36]
Brett McGavin on 07:33 - Mar 8 with 2625 viewsBluefish

Shambert is clueless with picking a team so probably chose a youth player PR stunt for midweek

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Brett McGavin on 07:33 - Mar 8 with 2635 viewsChrisd

It was a selection by PL of a desperate man. That’s not a reflection on McGavin by the way. I thought Tuesday night was it for our manager, based on the team. His selections and processes he goes through in making those decisions are incredibly bizarre and getting stranger by the game.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Brett McGavin on 09:35 - Mar 8 with 2335 viewsWickets

Brett McGavin on 07:33 - Mar 8 by Chrisd

It was a selection by PL of a desperate man. That’s not a reflection on McGavin by the way. I thought Tuesday night was it for our manager, based on the team. His selections and processes he goes through in making those decisions are incredibly bizarre and getting stranger by the game.

Was PL thinking process we have 3 holding midfield players at the club Downes ,Skuse and young McGavin one unavailable one injured so i will play the third one ?
Brett McGavin on 09:38 - Mar 8 with 2311 viewsPinewoodblue

Brett McGavin on 07:26 - Mar 8 by urbanblue

I thought of that but he was selected ahead of Bishop, Edwards, Sears and Woolfenden on Tuesday. I appreciate formation is a factor but there really is no rhyme and reason to Lambert's selection policy. No consistency at all. You may say McGavin will understand the situation but I would suggest he may be massively disappointed that it was seen by Lambert that he didn't grab his chance.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2020 7:36]

“I appreciate formation is a factor” Not sure Lambert knows what formation he wants to use from one half to the next.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Brett McGavin on 09:55 - Mar 8 with 2254 viewsChrisd

Brett McGavin on 09:35 - Mar 8 by Wickets

Was PL thinking process we have 3 holding midfield players at the club Downes ,Skuse and young McGavin one unavailable one injured so i will play the third one ?

In a ‘must win’ game play your best available and experienced players and if it means slightly adjusting formation, so be it. Honestly, Donacien as a wing back, he can’t play that role sadly. Why not go 4-4-2? Earl and Garbutt on the left and Donacien and Edwards on the right. Just find his selections baffling, there’s no rhyme or reason to them.

Brett McGavin on 10:05 - Mar 8 with 2193 viewsTractorCam

Lambert is a clown.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Login to get fewer ads

Brett McGavin on 10:13 - Mar 8 with 2153 viewspointofblue

Brett McGavin on 09:55 - Mar 8 by Chrisd

In a ‘must win’ game play your best available and experienced players and if it means slightly adjusting formation, so be it. Honestly, Donacien as a wing back, he can’t play that role sadly. Why not go 4-4-2? Earl and Garbutt on the left and Donacien and Edwards on the right. Just find his selections baffling, there’s no rhyme or reason to them.

I assume he felt he needed three in the middle as the only players available in the middle were either light-weight, inexperienced or both. The trouble is it resulted in other players being played out of position; why Donacien ahead of Edwards anyway as the latter has proved himself more accomplished at right wing-back?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Brett McGavin on 10:15 - Mar 8 with 2137 viewsWickets

Brett McGavin on 09:55 - Mar 8 by Chrisd

I dont disagree with you as he does seem to be struggling at the moment but the whole club is struggling ,you said his selection of Brett was bizarre and maybe it was i was just trying to show what i thought his thinking process,right or wrong, might have been ,nothing more .
Brett McGavin on 10:31 - Mar 8 with 2087 viewsBlueBadger

It was a Hurst Gambit. Manager knows he's under pressure so he starts a promising youngster as a distraction from the fact that he's doing a terrible job and, optionally, makes a fuss about doing so.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Brett McGavin on 21:17 - Mar 8 with 1871 viewsChrisd

Brett McGavin on 10:13 - Mar 8 by pointofblue

I assume he felt he needed three in the middle as the only players available in the middle were either light-weight, inexperienced or both. The trouble is it resulted in other players being played out of position; why Donacien ahead of Edwards anyway as the latter has proved himself more accomplished at right wing-back?

Certainly a strange one.

Brett McGavin on 22:03 - Mar 8 with 1774 viewsitfcjoe

I think too much read into it, sure he’s have preferred not to go off at half time but sure it was handled correctly and McG happy with getting some league minutes this season bearing in mind he started the year on loan at Concord Rangers

He should be rightly proud about making a league debut for us

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Brett McGavin on 22:40 - Mar 8 with 1700 viewshave_a_word_with_him

Brett McGavin on 22:03 - Mar 8 by itfcjoe

I think too much read into it, sure he’s have preferred not to go off at half time but sure it was handled correctly and McG happy with getting some league minutes this season bearing in mind he started the year on loan at Concord Rangers

He should be rightly proud about making a league debut for us

I very much doubt he'd have been fine with being hauled off at half-time and just happy to get some minutes, you've never played the game yourself have you? I'd fully understand if he was royally f'd off with the situation. Well done Lambert.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024