Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Better performance, poor result. Stop blaming the players 07:39 - Mar 8 with 842 viewsSouperJim

Just came on to read the meltdown and thought I'd throw in my 2p as there is so little balance on here right now.

I thought we did fairly well and were unlucky not to take at least a point. Very few chances in the game but Coventry put away their best chance and Nolan squandered ours.

In no way should we be content with losing to Coventry at home, but they are top and we are crap. It takes time to turn it around and this was a small step in the right direction.

I didn't think anyone had a poor game, other than Garbutt. His performances tell the story of our season. Natural replacement for Leighton Baines? He has next to no interest in defending and has lost all confidence going forward. Right now he looks a poor player in the third tier.

We're finished, there is no way we'll make the playoffs and we might yet finish in the bottom half. Lambert clearly has to go and I think he will as soon as Evans can do it. Until then, the criticism is going to be deafening, but people going off about Judge for example seems pointless.

Yes Judge has had a rubbish season by his own standards and admission, but he gave everything yesterday and had a good game. You can say he was ineffective but the whole team is ineffective right now. He was everywhere, busting a gut for 90 minutes. Chambers is another one. Yes he's made mistakes this season, but he gives it everything every week and is clearly hurting. Wolfie aside, we have nobody better, so what are you going to do? I repeatedly see fans judging our league one players (because that's what they all now are) with championship eyes. It's pointless. We're not going to become a top 6 championship side overnight with the same personnel and the quicker we come to terms with that as a fanbase the better.

What we need is a manager who can coach these players to become more than the sum of their parts. Doubtless some of our more promising youngsters will be picked off this summer, but there is no reason why the right manager can't get us promoted with what's left next season. There is still a hell of a lot of quality in this squad for league one, with more youngsters coming through or returning from injury.

Until then, yes I'm thoroughly fed up with Lambert, yes Evans needs to know how pissed off we are, but give the players a break. I don't think the majority could give much more than they did yesterday and "you're not fit to wear the shirt" etc is only going to make it worse. Direct your bile at Evans and Lambert. Anybody saying the players aren't trying hard enough, don't care etc is talking rubbish in my eyes.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2020 7:53]

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Better performance, poor result. Stop blaming the players on 07:47 - Mar 8 with 778 viewsSamWhiteUK

The trouble is mate, we said Burton was a step in the right direction as well. We've had too many false starts.
Better performance, poor result. Stop blaming the players on 07:48 - Mar 8 with 774 viewsWeWereZombies

'Yes Judge has had a rubbish season by his own standards and omission'

I think you mean admission rather than omission at that final word.

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Better performance, poor result. Stop blaming the players on 07:53 - Mar 8 with 750 viewsSouperJim

Better performance, poor result. Stop blaming the players on 07:48 - Mar 8 by WeWereZombies

'Yes Judge has had a rubbish season by his own standards and omission'

I think you mean admission rather than omission at that final word.

Brain farted

Better performance, poor result. Stop blaming the players on 07:55 - Mar 8 with 731 viewsSouperJim

Better performance, poor result. Stop blaming the players on 07:47 - Mar 8 by SamWhiteUK

The trouble is mate, we said Burton was a step in the right direction as well. We've had too many false starts.

I agree completely. In fact we've had 12 years of them. Getting kind of boring now.

Better performance, poor result. Stop blaming the players on 08:02 - Mar 8 with 694 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I think most people criticise the players based on lack of ability.

To be fair, Lambert gives 100% too, he's just not very good either.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Better performance, poor result. Stop blaming the players on 09:16 - Mar 8 with 538 viewsjas0999

We lost - seven defeats in nine. Only one win in that time - Burton. That can was the exception to the rule.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024