Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stockpiling hand sanitizers 08:17 - Mar 8 with 3261 viewsFixed_It

People are stupid aren't they! Report in our local paper says people have been ripping the dispensers off the walls at the General Hospital. Don't these people realise that washing your hands, and preventing other people from doing so, isn't going to stop you from getting coronavirus - in fact it is increasing the risk. Dullards!
[Post edited 8 Mar 2020 8:18]

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Stockpiling hand sanitizers on 08:24 - Mar 8 with 3200 viewsBrixtonBlue

The shortage of items that people are trying to stockpile is because people are trying to stockpile them. Utter idiots.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Stockpiling hand sanitizers on 08:30 - Mar 8 with 3169 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Brass Eye tastic.....decades of pushing selfishness as a virtue is coming home to roost.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Stockpiling hand sanitizers on 10:33 - Mar 8 with 2982 viewsr2d2

The toilet roll thing is plain ridiculous. It doesnt give you the sh!ts!
Stockpiling hand sanitizers on 10:40 - Mar 8 with 2972 viewsjeera

"..ripping the dispensers off the walls at the General Hospital"

You've got to be kidding.

FFS I hate some people!

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Stockpiling hand sanitizers on 10:44 - Mar 8 with 2959 viewsGuthrum

Stockpiling hand sanitizers on 10:33 - Mar 8 by r2d2

The toilet roll thing is plain ridiculous. It doesnt give you the sh!ts!

It originated with an urban myth that all toilet paper is made in China (in some versions, specifically Wuhan) and that the Covid-19 lockdown in that region would result in a shortage of supplies. This is, obviously, not true - but spread rapidly via social media.

Again, hand sanitiser is anti-bacterial, it has no effect upon viruses (unless it has a very high alcohol content), other than the usual benefits of being clean. Ordinary soap is just as effective.

Panic buying then leads to criminals cashing in. There was an armed robbery of a loo roll delivery truck in China a few days ago. Profiteers are selling hand sanitiser for vastly inflated prices online.

The one which annoys me most directly is the hoovering up of paracetamol. I get migraine-type headaches and need the stuff to deal with that. All gone from my local Tesco yesterday (along with every shred of bogroll).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Stockpiling hand sanitizers on 10:46 - Mar 8 with 2947 viewsNthQldITFC

Just hope they were wearing gloves when they did that, those things are gonna be covered in germs and such.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Stockpiling hand sanitizers on 10:51 - Mar 8 with 2931 viewssundaze

I have a friend in Dusseldorf who told me people are nicking surgical masks from the local hospital.
Stockpiling hand sanitizers on 11:04 - Mar 8 with 2892 viewsRyorry

Stockpiling hand sanitizers on 10:44 - Mar 8 by Guthrum

It originated with an urban myth that all toilet paper is made in China (in some versions, specifically Wuhan) and that the Covid-19 lockdown in that region would result in a shortage of supplies. This is, obviously, not true - but spread rapidly via social media.

Again, hand sanitiser is anti-bacterial, it has no effect upon viruses (unless it has a very high alcohol content), other than the usual benefits of being clean. Ordinary soap is just as effective.

Panic buying then leads to criminals cashing in. There was an armed robbery of a loo roll delivery truck in China a few days ago. Profiteers are selling hand sanitiser for vastly inflated prices online.

The one which annoys me most directly is the hoovering up of paracetamol. I get migraine-type headaches and need the stuff to deal with that. All gone from my local Tesco yesterday (along with every shred of bogroll).

Me too re paracetamol, as it's the only painkiller/cold remedy I can actually take (I'm allergic to all others).

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Login to get fewer ads

Stockpiling hand sanitizers on 11:07 - Mar 8 with 2876 viewsRyorry

"Don't these people realise that washing your hands, and preventing other people from doing so, isn't going to stop you from getting coronavirus - in fact it is increasing the risk"

Washing your hands is increasing the risk? Don't think you meant it to read like that?

Stockpiling hand sanitizers on 11:09 - Mar 8 with 2865 viewsjeera

Stockpiling hand sanitizers on 11:07 - Mar 8 by Ryorry

"Don't these people realise that washing your hands, and preventing other people from doing so, isn't going to stop you from getting coronavirus - in fact it is increasing the risk"

Washing your hands is increasing the risk? Don't think you meant it to read like that?

'Whilst'.

Stockpiling hand sanitizers on 11:16 - Mar 8 with 2846 viewsvapour_trail

Stockpiling hand sanitizers on 10:44 - Mar 8 by Guthrum

In all honesty, a shred of bogroll isn’t really going to be of much use.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Stockpiling hand sanitizers on 11:16 - Mar 8 with 2846 viewsRyorry

Stockpiling hand sanitizers on 11:09 - Mar 8 by jeera

'Whilst'.

?

Stockpiling hand sanitizers on 11:19 - Mar 8 with 2832 viewsjeera

Stockpiling hand sanitizers on 11:16 - Mar 8 by Ryorry

?

"Don't these people realise that washing your hands, [whilst] preventing other people from doing so, isn't going to stop you from getting coronavirus - in fact it is increasing the risk"

He is right to be fair.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2020 11:19]

Stockpiling hand sanitizers on 11:24 - Mar 8 with 2814 viewsRyorry

Stockpiling hand sanitizers on 11:19 - Mar 8 by jeera

"Don't these people realise that washing your hands, [whilst] preventing other people from doing so, isn't going to stop you from getting coronavirus - in fact it is increasing the risk"

He is right to be fair.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2020 11:19]

Yeah, I get what he must have meant, but am an English language perfectionist pedant!

Stockpiling hand sanitizers on 11:26 - Mar 8 with 2795 viewsjeera

Stockpiling hand sanitizers on 11:24 - Mar 8 by Ryorry

Yeah, I get what he must have meant, but am an English language perfectionist pedant!

So I typed that and admitted that Fixers was right about something, all for nothing.

Stockpiling hand sanitizers on 11:27 - Mar 8 with 2790 viewsGuthrum

Stockpiling hand sanitizers on 10:51 - Mar 8 by sundaze

I have a friend in Dusseldorf who told me people are nicking surgical masks from the local hospital.

There was a big sign on the pharmacy counter at Tesco yesterday sayin "No face masks or hand sanitiser", yet people were still going up to ask if they had any.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Stockpiling hand sanitizers on 11:28 - Mar 8 with 2772 viewsRyorry

Stockpiling hand sanitizers on 11:26 - Mar 8 by jeera

So I typed that and admitted that Fixers was right about something, all for nothing.

Soz :(

Have an uppie as compensation

Stockpiling hand sanitizers on 11:29 - Mar 8 with 2765 viewsfooters

Stockpiling hand sanitizers on 11:24 - Mar 8 by Ryorry

*pendant

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024