Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The ref yesterday 11:14 - Mar 8 with 1369 viewsartsbossbeard

Twice he got in the way of play and had the ball hit him BUT didn't stop things for the obligatory one sided drop ball ruling.

I'm writing to UEFA and That's Life to see if we can get the score overturned.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

The ref yesterday on 11:17 - Mar 8 with 1347 viewsLankHenners

Respect though to the linesman on the Cobbold Stand side. Takes guts to not pay attention to anything going on and just guess every single decision.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

The ref yesterday on 11:19 - Mar 8 with 1324 viewsartsbossbeard

The ref yesterday on 11:17 - Mar 8 by LankHenners

Respect though to the linesman on the Cobbold Stand side. Takes guts to not pay attention to anything going on and just guess every single decision.

That's your modern day linesman for you.

"I've seen what's happened but I'll just wait for the ref to call it..oh, he's seen it differently..oh well, play on".

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

The ref yesterday on 11:21 - Mar 8 with 1310 viewsjas0999

The standard of refereeing in League One is atrocious. Across the board.
The ref yesterday on 11:25 - Mar 8 with 1272 viewsmonytowbray

The ref yesterday on 11:21 - Mar 8 by jas0999

The standard of refereeing in League One is atrocious. Across the board.

It is so bad I can’t quite believe it at times.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

The ref yesterday on 11:28 - Mar 8 with 1257 viewsEastTownBlue

The ref yesterday on 11:17 - Mar 8 by LankHenners

Always a good sign after 30 seconds that he was indecisive over a throw in.
The ref yesterday on 11:29 - Mar 8 with 1257 viewsDarth_Koont

I rarely criticise officials as their job is ripe for interpretation and human error but ref was very poor yesterday.

It almost felt as if he lost control of a game that was pretty mild in terms of challenges. Maybe it was the mildness that somehow forced him to become judgmental and inconsistent?

Pronouns: He/Him

The ref yesterday on 11:32 - Mar 8 with 1219 viewsGuthrum

The ref yesterday on 11:19 - Mar 8 by artsbossbeard

That's your modern day linesman for you.

"I've seen what's happened but I'll just wait for the ref to call it..oh, he's seen it differently..oh well, play on".

Probably a function of them being demoted to "Referee's Assistant" from "Linesman" (having actual authority over something).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

The ref yesterday on 11:44 - Mar 8 with 1192 viewsbluewhite

The ref yesterday on 11:29 - Mar 8 by Darth_Koont

I rarely criticise officials as their job is ripe for interpretation and human error but ref was very poor yesterday.

It almost felt as if he lost control of a game that was pretty mild in terms of challenges. Maybe it was the mildness that somehow forced him to become judgmental and inconsistent?

Are you telling me you'd never heard of Trevor Kettle before yesterday?

Google him...
Login to get fewer ads

The ref yesterday on 11:48 - Mar 8 with 1171 viewsSWGF

Didn't team that was in possession of the ball at the time also have the ball *after* it hit him, so he isn't required to stop it? Or have I just fabricated a law of the game?

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

The ref yesterday on 12:01 - Mar 8 with 1117 viewsbluejacko

The ref yesterday on 11:48 - Mar 8 by SWGF

Didn't team that was in possession of the ball at the time also have the ball *after* it hit him, so he isn't required to stop it? Or have I just fabricated a law of the game?

That was the only way I saw it.
The ref yesterday on 12:08 - Mar 8 with 1105 viewslongtimefan

The ref yesterday on 11:48 - Mar 8 by SWGF

You are correct. The simple action of the ball hitting the referee is in its self not a requirement to stop play. The actual rule is:

If the ball touches the referee (or another match official) and goes into the goal, team possession changes or a promising attack starts, a dropped ball is awarded.
The ref yesterday on 12:30 - Mar 8 with 1061 viewsurbanblue

The ref yesterday on 11:44 - Mar 8 by bluewhite

Are you telling me you'd never heard of Trevor Kettle before yesterday?

Google him...

Ha Ha

https://www.change.org/p/fa-and-efl-the-removal-of-trevor-kettle-from-refereeing
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024