Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Weird commutes this morning 08:20 - Mar 9 with 3221 viewsCoastalblue

London feels like the week between Christmas and new year, tubes are far from busy and it looks like a number of schools are possibly closed.

I can only see it getting quieter as the week goes on, and as someone who nowadays relies mostly on London tourism for my income it's going to be a very tough time coming up I think.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Weird commutes this morning on 08:36 - Mar 9 with 3148 viewsStokieBlue

Really?

I wish I had cycled today. Bus is totally rammed.

Don't think the school's are closed yet

You're right though, a companies up their WFH infrastructure it'll get quieter. Many aren't ready to have hundreds and hundreds of people connecting at the same time at the moment.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Weird commutes this morning on 08:37 - Mar 9 with 3148 viewsSteve_M

I went up to Birmingham yesterday - via Marylebone as the Euston line was bug gered - and that all looked relatively normal.

Think we're due a BCP test this week though, half the office to be notified to work from home on one day. Once that happens then suspect we'll be quieter in office as people will use the flexibility afterwards as they have in Singapore.

Good luck anyway, hope it doesn't affect you too much.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Weird commutes this morning on 08:51 - Mar 9 with 3088 viewsCoastalblue

Weird commutes this morning on 08:36 - Mar 9 by StokieBlue

Really?

You're right though, a companies up their WFH infrastructure it'll get quieter. Many aren't ready to have hundreds and hundreds of people connecting at the same time at the moment.

SB

Overground from Wapping heading toward H&I was almost empty this morning, it's never bursting at the seams admittedly but it's normally a hell of a lot busier than it was.

I have to head through Bank shortly, I'm sure that will make me re-evaluate if things are indeed nearly as busy as normal.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.

Weird commutes this morning on 08:55 - Mar 9 with 3076 viewsStokieBlue

Weird commutes this morning on 08:51 - Mar 9 by Coastalblue

Overground from Wapping heading toward H&I was almost empty this morning, it's never bursting at the seams admittedly but it's normally a hell of a lot busier than it was.

I have to head through Bank shortly, I'm sure that will make me re-evaluate if things are indeed nearly as busy as normal.

I'm actually in Shadwell now and you're right, the DLR isn't busy. I'm a bit late but even so.

I think a lot of people are WFH.

SB

Weird commutes this morning on 08:59 - Mar 9 with 3055 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Weird commutes this morning on 08:55 - Mar 9 by StokieBlue

I'm actually in Shadwell now and you're right, the DLR isn't busy. I'm a bit late but even so.

I think a lot of people are WFH.

SB

Crack on Stokie those offices won't clean themselves!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Weird commutes this morning on 09:09 - Mar 9 with 3010 viewsBlueStreak

Commute in from Ipswich was a little quiet this morning. Our firm have us all geared up to work from home now and expect the trigger to be pulled over the next week really.
Weird commutes this morning on 10:02 - Mar 9 with 2889 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Weird commutes this morning on 08:36 - Mar 9 by StokieBlue

Really?

SB

Noticeably quieter in Canary Wharf this morning.
Weird commutes this morning on 10:35 - Mar 9 with 2834 viewsmonytowbray

I’m working remotely from my parents today but it felt much less busy at the end of last week. Got the tube home around 5pm on Thursday and there were empty seats. Never happens.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Login to get fewer ads

Weird commutes this morning on 10:38 - Mar 9 with 2826 viewsWD19

Yeah, from what I can tell the risk from Covid-19 definitely peaks on a Monday and Friday.
Weird commutes this morning on 10:58 - Mar 9 with 2780 viewsBlueBadger

I noticed on my three shifts last week that A&E has been significantly less fraught than usual at [redacted] hospital, possibly due to the usual 'worried well' malingerers deciding that their painful stubbed toe can probably wait after all rather than take their chances spending hours sitting in a hot building full of sick people.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Weird commutes this morning on 11:08 - Mar 9 with 2746 viewsLord_Lucan

My commute from my bed to my study was without issue however I annoyingly had to get dressed and further commute to the butchers as I have a craving for a plate of fried liver this evening.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Weird commutes this morning on 11:18 - Mar 9 with 2701 viewsLord_Lucan

Weird commutes this morning on 10:58 - Mar 9 by BlueBadger

I noticed on my three shifts last week that A&E has been significantly less fraught than usual at [redacted] hospital, possibly due to the usual 'worried well' malingerers deciding that their painful stubbed toe can probably wait after all rather than take their chances spending hours sitting in a hot building full of sick people.

You inadvertently raise an issue that has long troubled me. Can't A&E have some kind of screening process where la de da hypochondriacs can be sent on their way.

Also, shouldn't more effort be put into advertising the services offered by pharmacys in an attempt to unblock the GP's waiting rooms? Lady Lucan had a walk in diabetic test done last week by the pharmacy free of charge - in the time it took me to pop into the bakers to buy a tiger loaf.

And don't get me on people with colds!

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Weird commutes this morning on 11:21 - Mar 9 with 2689 viewshampstead_blue

Weird commutes this morning on 11:08 - Mar 9 by Lord_Lucan

My commute from my bed to my study was without issue however I annoyingly had to get dressed and further commute to the butchers as I have a craving for a plate of fried liver this evening.

Onion gravy and a bold claret I hope.......

My commute was the same but with the school run - now off for a gym session. Not much on today.

I am getting bugged by the cat to go and play in the garden!

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Weird commutes this morning on 11:29 - Mar 9 with 2664 viewsLord_Lucan

Weird commutes this morning on 11:21 - Mar 9 by hampstead_blue

Onion gravy and a bold claret I hope.......

My commute was the same but with the school run - now off for a gym session. Not much on today.

I am getting bugged by the cat to go and play in the garden!

No gravy, just a full on plate of fried liver coated in flour with a mound of burnt onions.

Weird commutes this morning on 11:45 - Mar 9 with 2621 viewsCoastalblue

Weird commutes this morning on 11:29 - Mar 9 by Lord_Lucan

No gravy, just a full on plate of fried liver coated in flour with a mound of burnt onions.

Now look what you've done, I'm going to have to both divert to the butchers on the way home and then manage to cook and eat an enormous pile before my veggie better half arrives home.*

*Actually she has no objection to me cooking or eating meat in the home but I generally choose not to.

Weird commutes this morning on 11:49 - Mar 9 with 2611 viewsBlueStreak

This is excellent.

Liver and bacon in onion gravy is one of my absolute favorites.
Weird commutes this morning on 12:03 - Mar 9 with 2578 viewsStokieBlue

That sounds very nice.

Liver is also excellent in a risotto but you need to make the risotto with red wine rather than white and add chives. Lovely.

I think some exceedingly buttery mash would add a nice element to your currently planned dinner though.

SB

Weird commutes this morning on 12:08 - Mar 9 with 2544 viewsjeera

Pig? Cow? Sheep?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Weird commutes this morning on 12:13 - Mar 9 with 2506 viewsLord_Lucan

Weird commutes this morning on 12:03 - Mar 9 by StokieBlue

That sounds very nice.

Liver is also excellent in a risotto but you need to make the risotto with red wine rather than white and add chives. Lovely.

I think some exceedingly buttery mash would add a nice element to your currently planned dinner though.

SB

The risotto sounds divine - maybe with a touch of paprika.

I have made the mistake of trying to add veg to my liver plate before but the veg never gets eaten, once the first fork of liver hits the stomach everything else just seems superfluous.

I have though also purchased a mound of chipolatas from Micklesons (magical things) but I won't cook them unless I eat the liver and remain a bit peckish - in which case I will fry them on their own in all the burnt grit left over in the pan.

Weird commutes this morning on 12:15 - Mar 9 with 2500 viewsLord_Lucan

Weird commutes this morning on 12:08 - Mar 9 by jeera

Pig? Cow? Sheep?

Pig

Weird commutes this morning on 13:49 - Mar 9 with 2341 viewsPendejo

From my commute this morning; the roads of Sarf Lahndahn were as per usual [though maybe a Tuesday / Wednesday type traffic], but once across the river SW/W post codes were definitely easier to navigate thru... did find myself briefly wondering if it was a school holiday, even though 5Live had mention "The Virus" once or maybe twice...

Used public transport 3 times last week and it was interesting seeing people trying not to touch "things" - hand rail on escalators, buses and trains. I even observed a nifty technique of using the knee to hit a button to open electronic doors. Sadly I didn't observe anyone wearing gas masks or clear plastic boxes on their heads, as for face masks, no more than you'd usually see really.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Weird commutes this morning on 18:17 - Mar 9 with 2164 viewsOxford_Blue

Yes Baker Street was quieter this morning and tubes on met line and circle line into the city were less than their usual hustling selves
Weird commutes this morning on 18:46 - Mar 9 with 2091 viewsslump

I returned from India yesterday and have been prevented by a large corporate from attending a meeting in Peterborough tomorrow. And am waiting to see if I have to self contain/WFH for however many days.

I'm self employed so will lose out on a considerable amount of income if I can't go to the office until the week after next ......

UTT

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024