Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Evans will sack Lambert before the 6th April then 13:01 - Mar 9 with 3481 viewsSitfcB

He won’t want to have to pay out even more! Haba

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Evans will sack Lambert before the 6th April then on 13:07 - Mar 9 with 3351 viewsBeckets

He could sack him on 4 April just after we’ve lost 1-0 to Southend at home
Evans will sack Lambert before the 6th April then on 13:24 - Mar 9 with 3224 viewsitfcjoe

From how I understood it, it was the other way round - if you sack BEFORE April 6th it will cost you a lot more, not after

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Evans will sack Lambert before the 6th April then on 13:41 - Mar 9 with 3095 viewsKeaneish

Evans will sack Lambert before the 6th April then on 13:07 - Mar 9 by Beckets

He could sack him on 4 April just after we’ve lost 1-0 to Southend at home

If we lost at home to Southend, I could well be the idiot who runs on the pitch!

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Evans will sack Lambert before the 6th April then on 13:53 - Mar 9 with 3010 viewsBeckets

Evans will sack Lambert before the 6th April then on 13:24 - Mar 9 by itfcjoe

From how I understood it, it was the other way round - if you sack BEFORE April 6th it will cost you a lot more, not after

No it will cost you less before 6 April. In financial terms it would best suit Evans if we cannot mathematically get into the top 6 before 6 April. Lose the next couple of games and it could be a possibility.
Evans will sack Lambert before the 6th April then on 15:08 - Mar 9 with 2760 viewsJ2BLUE

He will be sacked as season ticket renewals come out.

Anyone expecting him to be gone before then are going to be disappointed.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Evans will sack Lambert before the 6th April then on 15:11 - Mar 9 with 2734 viewsitfcjoe

Evans will sack Lambert before the 6th April then on 15:08 - Mar 9 by J2BLUE

Season ticket renewals don't come out on a set date, they (try) and time them to come out at a good time - so your point is a little spurious in that regard

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Evans will sack Lambert before the 6th April then on 15:12 - Mar 9 with 2722 viewsBeckets

Agreed. No chance the renewals are going out this month. Week after Easter is my bet but will Evans be able to say who Lambert’s successor is then? Unless it’s Jones I very much doubt it.
Evans will sack Lambert before the 6th April then on 15:14 - Mar 9 with 2696 viewsJ2BLUE

Evans will sack Lambert before the 6th April then on 15:11 - Mar 9 by itfcjoe

Season ticket renewals don't come out on a set date, they (try) and time them to come out at a good time - so your point is a little spurious in that regard

Fair enough.

I thought they used to come out in late April.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

Evans will sack Lambert before the 6th April then on 15:16 - Mar 9 with 2674 viewsPJH

Evans will sack Lambert before the 6th April then on 15:14 - Mar 9 by J2BLUE

Fair enough.

I thought they used to come out in late April.

Just checked on the archives on here, announced on 17th April last year.
Evans will sack Lambert before the 6th April then on 15:21 - Mar 9 with 2643 viewsBeckets

Evans will sack Lambert before the 6th April then on 15:16 - Mar 9 by PJH

Just checked on the archives on here, announced on 17th April last year.

Yes so that would tie in with the week after Easter pretty much. I don’t see how they can go out with Lambert in charge though.
Evans will sack Lambert before the 6th April then on 15:24 - Mar 9 with 2622 viewsBeckets

Evans will sack Lambert before the 6th April then on 15:21 - Mar 9 by Beckets

Yes so that would tie in with the week after Easter pretty much. I don’t see how they can go out with Lambert in charge though.

I think they’re pushed into a corner on price too having said they’d be held at the same price in 20/21 if we’re in the Championship! Just an all round shambles.
Evans will sack Lambert before the 6th April then on 16:37 - Mar 9 with 2437 viewsBlueBadger

That's my personal theory as well.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Evans will sack Lambert before the 6th April then on 17:46 - Mar 9 with 2260 viewsOxford_Blue

Lambert isn’t being made redundant though, he would be sacked. In which case this issue doesn’t arise.

The role would still exist. Lambert would just have his contract terminated.
Evans will sack Lambert before the 6th April then on 17:51 - Mar 9 with 2227 viewsBeckets

Evans will sack Lambert before the 6th April then on 17:46 - Mar 9 by Oxford_Blue

Lambert isn’t being made redundant though, he would be sacked. In which case this issue doesn’t arise.

The role would still exist. Lambert would just have his contract terminated.

The change relates to 'termination payments' so Evans would be liable for the NI hit after 6 April.
Evans will sack Lambert before the 6th April then on 17:55 - Mar 9 with 2185 viewsOxford_Blue

Evans will sack Lambert before the 6th April then on 17:51 - Mar 9 by Beckets

The change relates to 'termination payments' so Evans would be liable for the NI hit after 6 April.

Ok, but the quote mentions redundancy twice.
Evans will sack Lambert before the 6th April then on 17:59 - Mar 9 with 2153 viewsCokeIsKey

Maby Evans will sack him, it just depends whether it would be cheaper to do it earlier and avoid the tax but pay the full payoff, or do it later and pay the tax, but save money due to the break clause that the contract must have.

Poll: Should Lambert continue as the Ipswich Town manager?

Evans will sack Lambert before the 6th April then on 18:09 - Mar 9 with 2095 viewsmonty_radio

I think that date would come too early with too many points still up for grabs to write off the play-offs mathematically, even if all results up till then went against us, excepting, of course, when those above us were playing one another.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Evans will sack Lambert before the 6th April then on 18:12 - Mar 9 with 2074 viewsOxford_Blue

Evans will sack Lambert before the 6th April then on 17:59 - Mar 9 by CokeIsKey

Maby Evans will sack him, it just depends whether it would be cheaper to do it earlier and avoid the tax but pay the full payoff, or do it later and pay the tax, but save money due to the break clause that the contract must have.

I doubt tax will be relevant. It’s only a relatively small sum.
Evans will sack Lambert before the 6th April then on 23:09 - Mar 9 with 1664 viewsFelstow1978

Evans will sack Lambert before the 6th April then on 18:12 - Mar 9 by Oxford_Blue

I doubt tax will be relevant. It’s only a relatively small sum.

Do Clinton's do a "thanks for all your efforts now fck off back to Glasgow" card?

Poll: Isn't it time that HRH Shesgotmyballsinherhand stops feeling the need to preach?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024