Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Someone at work is convinced we will make the playoffs 13:59 - Mar 9 with 996 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

What do you do with these people? Do they need to be sectioned? Avoided? Are they safe to be left unattended?

We have to make up 7 points and potentially goal difference on 3 different teams. We have 8 games left and they have 10.

They are all on 59 points from 34 games. 1.7 points per game. This is their season form. All three have better recent form. So even on their form over the season, they are on target to reach 76 points in total.

That leaves us needing to get 24 points from a possible 24, to make up goal difference and hope not one of these three teams has a better than average run! We also need Doncaster to do slightly worse than us, which to be fair would likely be the case at least if we suddenly won eight in row! lol.

If we lose our next three games then we could be as many as 16 off the playoffs with 15 left to play. Earliest the idiot will go then is after 4 April.

That involves losing to Southend and one of the teams just above us winning all three. We then play Bolton, where we should struggle to lose a fourth consecutive game. So likeliness is that Lambert goes with 3-4 games left. In which case is there even much point!

Out of interest how many points to people think we will get?

I'm going for 2 wins, 3 draws and 3 defeats. 9 points which will probably see us finish 11th!

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Someone at work is convinced we will make the playoffs on 14:02 - Mar 9 with 975 viewsLankHenners

Seems like the thing to do in that scenario is to make a post on here stating the obvious over and over in an attempt to fish for upvotes.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Someone at work is convinced we will make the playoffs on 14:05 - Mar 9 with 943 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Someone at work is convinced we will make the playoffs on 14:02 - Mar 9 by LankHenners

Seems like the thing to do in that scenario is to make a post on here stating the obvious over and over in an attempt to fish for upvotes.

So are you a troll then?

Do you post stuff that you want people to actively disagree with?

I post what I post. Until up votes converts into real currency that you can withdraw I couldn't give a toss if people like it or not.

Someone at work is convinced we will make the playoffs on 14:12 - Mar 9 with 905 viewsitfcjoe

I said a couple of games back that 21 points from the fnal 11 games would probably just about do it, it still probably would but it is now 21 points from 8 games (i.e. win 7 out of our last 8!)

Play off chances as per sportsclubstats

24 points - 8W - 7% chance of automatic, 92% chance of POs, 1% chance of missing out.
22 points - 7W 1D - 71% chance
21 points - 7W 1L - 59% chance
20 points - 6W 2D - 37% chance
19 points - 6W 1D 1L - 16% chance
18 points - 6W 2L or 5W 3D - 10% chance
17 points - 5W 2D 1L - 1% chance

None of those scenarios are likely based on recent form, but just look how difficult it is now - 6 wins and 2 draws and it's about a 1 in 3 chance of just getting in the top 6!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Someone at work is convinced we will make the playoffs on 14:14 - Mar 9 with 874 viewsDarth_Koont

They're mad to be convinced obviously.

It's a longshot but with Coventry seemingly uncatchable by us there are 7 sides still way ahead of us but playing for 5 places.

It's not inconceivable that 3 of them choke over the next 10 games. And it's not inconceivable that we fluke a run over our 8 games.

It's almost certainly not going to happen but I think it's important anyway that we start winning. Really don't want us having to go through an entire Summer with absolutely zero confidence as I suspect that'll have long-term consequences we could well do without. Like season ticket sales falling through the floor and better players looking to leave. Stuff like that won't help us sort out the off-field situation nor help whoever's managing us next season.

Pronouns: He/Him

Someone at work is convinced we will make the playoffs on 14:19 - Mar 9 with 829 viewsParisBlue

Someone at work is convinced we will make the playoffs on 14:14 - Mar 9 by Darth_Koont

They're mad to be convinced obviously.

It's a longshot but with Coventry seemingly uncatchable by us there are 7 sides still way ahead of us but playing for 5 places.

It's not inconceivable that 3 of them choke over the next 10 games. And it's not inconceivable that we fluke a run over our 8 games.

It's almost certainly not going to happen but I think it's important anyway that we start winning. Really don't want us having to go through an entire Summer with absolutely zero confidence as I suspect that'll have long-term consequences we could well do without. Like season ticket sales falling through the floor and better players looking to leave. Stuff like that won't help us sort out the off-field situation nor help whoever's managing us next season.

At the beginning of the season when we were 'flying' and 'dead certs' we won 5 out of the first 8 with 3 draws. Match that and we get 18 points and 70 in total. Nowhere near enough.

What a mess we've made of it....

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Someone at work is convinced we will make the playoffs on 14:30 - Mar 9 with 786 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Someone at work is convinced we will make the playoffs on 14:12 - Mar 9 by itfcjoe

I said a couple of games back that 21 points from the fnal 11 games would probably just about do it, it still probably would but it is now 21 points from 8 games (i.e. win 7 out of our last 8!)

Play off chances as per sportsclubstats

24 points - 8W - 7% chance of automatic, 92% chance of POs, 1% chance of missing out.
22 points - 7W 1D - 71% chance
21 points - 7W 1L - 59% chance
20 points - 6W 2D - 37% chance
19 points - 6W 1D 1L - 16% chance
18 points - 6W 2L or 5W 3D - 10% chance
17 points - 5W 2D 1L - 1% chance

None of those scenarios are likely based on recent form, but just look how difficult it is now - 6 wins and 2 draws and it's about a 1 in 3 chance of just getting in the top 6!

You can but laugh.

In a season where we started with 5 wins and 3 draws to race to the top of the table, we can now match that table topping form over the last 8 games of the season and we will still only have a 10% chance of just making the playoffs!

If we win 7 matches from 8 then it's a coin toss for the playoffs! Lol

What an absolute balls up.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2020 14:32]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024