Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Drugs, some sense at last 17:11 - Mar 9 with 2526 viewsHARRY10

"A community activist will risk arrest to set up a safe injecting facility in the back of a van for addicts in Glasgow....................It will offer clean water, needles and swabs, as well as supplies of naloxone, the potentially life-saving drug that reverses the effects of opioid overdose, as a means of combating the soaring drug deaths and HIV infection rates across the city............People who use drugs like heroin are injecting in squalid conditions in alleyways and parks, there’s a risk to public with injecting equipment strewn everywhere, and an ongoing HIV outbreak amongst addicts. We are trying to provide a safe place for people to come, but also give them an opportunity to engage with outreach workers, who can give wound care, harm reduction advice or referrals to other services.”

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/mar/09/glasgow-activist-risks-arrest-t

please note this is in reference to addicts NOT those using what are regarded as recreational drugs
Drugs, some sense at last on 17:21 - Mar 9 with 2495 viewsnoggin

Should be available in every town and city. These addicts are victims, not criminals.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Drugs, some sense at last on 17:34 - Mar 9 with 2468 viewsHARRY10

Drugs, some sense at last on 17:21 - Mar 9 by noggin

Should be available in every town and city. These addicts are victims, not criminals.

'victims'

more so those who have suffered from the crimes needed to fund addiction - buglary, mugging, shoplifting, bike theft etc

take away police time used up to deal with these crimes and I wonder how many extra coppers that would equate to, as with prison staff

more imperative with the current virus threat, is who is checking this huge underworld of potential carriers ?

treat this as a medical, not a criminal problem and we could save a huge amount in resources, never mind lives

but hey, some man has drawn a cartoon mocking a couple of lying politicians so lets concentrate on that instead
Drugs, some sense at last on 18:18 - Mar 9 with 2431 viewsMattinLondon

Drugs, some sense at last on 17:21 - Mar 9 by noggin

Victims? Unless they were injected forcibly against their will then they are not victims. Yes they need help but they are certainly not victims.
Drugs, some sense at last on 19:29 - Mar 9 with 2354 viewsBlueBadger

Drugs, some sense at last on 18:18 - Mar 9 by MattinLondon

Victims? Unless they were injected forcibly against their will then they are not victims. Yes they need help but they are certainly not victims.

I've met very, very few IV drug users who had happy lives BEFORE they stay using IV drugs..

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Drugs, some sense at last on 20:12 - Mar 9 with 2324 viewsTrequartista

Seems totally immoral to me.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Drugs, some sense at last on 20:18 - Mar 9 with 2316 viewsHARRY10

Drugs, some sense at last on 20:12 - Mar 9 by Trequartista

yep, far better they continue causing problems through cost of their crimes - and pose a health risk to society

perhaps you are a Tory as you don't seem too bright
Drugs, some sense at last on 20:20 - Mar 9 with 2308 viewsBloomBlue

While other victims are recovering from being mugged, burgled, attacked, robbed by drug takers to pay for their habit.
Drugs, some sense at last on 20:23 - Mar 9 with 2307 viewsTrequartista

Drugs, some sense at last on 20:18 - Mar 9 by HARRY10

yep, far better they continue causing problems through cost of their crimes - and pose a health risk to society

perhaps you are a Tory as you don't seem too bright

in a debate, you have an opinion and argue against those you disagree with, you don't just think you are right and insult anyone who disagrees. you keep falling at the first hurdle.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Login to get fewer ads

Drugs, some sense at last on 20:26 - Mar 9 with 2294 viewsHARRY10

Drugs, some sense at last on 20:20 - Mar 9 by BloomBlue

While other victims are recovering from being mugged, burgled, attacked, robbed by drug takers to pay for their habit.

so if there was no need for those crimes .......
Drugs, some sense at last on 20:29 - Mar 9 with 2285 viewsHARRY10

Drugs, some sense at last on 20:23 - Mar 9 by Trequartista

in a debate, you have an opinion and argue against those you disagree with, you don't just think you are right and insult anyone who disagrees. you keep falling at the first hurdle.

it would be odd if you did not think you were right but still put up your thoughts

however limited they are

(see your post previous, which does not smack of any in depth argument)
Drugs, some sense at last on 20:30 - Mar 9 with 2282 viewsjeera

".. an opportunity to engage with outreach workers, who can give wound care, harm reduction advice or referrals to other services.”

An opportunity to put a stop to that.

What's your problem? You think by not offering assistance that those people will stop committing crimes? No, of course not, because that doesn't make sense.

So what's your point?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Drugs, some sense at last on 20:33 - Mar 9 with 2277 viewsBloomBlue

Drugs, some sense at last on 20:26 - Mar 9 by HARRY10

so if there was no need for those crimes .......

There always will while you have drug takers.
I always liked Ferrari cars and kept pinching them what your saying is the tax payer should have given me a free ferrari to stop pinching them. I have a friend who likes your house and will keep breaking in, so he should be given your house for free to stop him breaking into it.
Drugs, some sense at last on 20:33 - Mar 9 with 2277 viewsnoggin

How about you blame the men who import the sh1t that these disturbed people find comfort in?

Drugs, some sense at last on 20:37 - Mar 9 with 2269 viewsjeera

Drugs, some sense at last on 20:33 - Mar 9 by BloomBlue

I always liked Ferrari cars and kept pinching them what your saying is the tax payer should have given me a free ferrari to stop pinching them. I have a friend who likes your house and will keep breaking in, so he should be given your house for free to stop him breaking into it.

That doesn't even make sense ffs. How the feck does that equate?

You're so desperate to be a prick about everything.

I hate thieves I can tell you, but you've already made an assumption that all troubled people are thieves. Has it even occured to you that some of these people would have come from abusive backgrounds and found themselves with these problems that no one should have to bear?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Drugs, some sense at last on 20:40 - Mar 9 with 2261 viewsnoggin

Drugs, some sense at last on 20:37 - Mar 9 by jeera

That doesn't even make sense ffs. How the feck does that equate?

You're so desperate to be a prick about everything.

I hate thieves I can tell you, but you've already made an assumption that all troubled people are thieves. Has it even occured to you that some of these people would have come from abusive backgrounds and found themselves with these problems that no one should have to bear?

99.9% of them have grown up with psychological and/or physical abuse.

Drugs, some sense at last on 20:45 - Mar 9 with 2249 viewsbrogansnose

Drugs, some sense at last on 20:30 - Mar 9 by jeera

".. an opportunity to engage with outreach workers, who can give wound care, harm reduction advice or referrals to other services.”

An opportunity to put a stop to that.

What's your problem? You think by not offering assistance that those people will stop committing crimes? No, of course not, because that doesn't make sense.

So what's your point?

I was going to post something similiar along your lines but you've said it for me. Most addicts fuel their consumption by either selling drugs to other users or by selling their bodies. Like Badger says above, there are deep underlying reasons why people become addicted and have problems previous to their drug use which is quite often self medicated by drug use.

Naturally this doesn't mean that family members and the general public living in areas of drug dependency don't deserve sympathy but not reaching out to users doesn't help the general public either.
Drugs, some sense at last on 20:50 - Mar 9 with 2237 viewsHARRY10

Just as there would be huge amounts of crime and theft if the government stopped 'giving' benefit to those who require it to feed themselves and children - they have a need, for food.

If you are addicted to heroin you have a need for heroin. Just as with tobacco. Only that is permitted to be purchased legally, Heroin is not.

If we followed your rightie nonsense we would save a fortune in not paying benefit as people would happily starve rather than take food where ever it could be got irrespective on the crime committed or the consequences.

But why stop there ?

How much could be saved by ending housing benefit, as well ?

A true righties paradise where only the strong survive and society collapses into some Mad Max dystopia.
Drugs, some sense at last on 22:45 - Mar 9 with 2192 viewsMelford

Drugs, some sense at last on 17:34 - Mar 9 by HARRY10

'victims'

more so those who have suffered from the crimes needed to fund addiction - buglary, mugging, shoplifting, bike theft etc

take away police time used up to deal with these crimes and I wonder how many extra coppers that would equate to, as with prison staff

more imperative with the current virus threat, is who is checking this huge underworld of potential carriers ?

treat this as a medical, not a criminal problem and we could save a huge amount in resources, never mind lives

but hey, some man has drawn a cartoon mocking a couple of lying politicians so lets concentrate on that instead

When you're addicted to anything it's a ***king horrible life. Step One is “We admitted we were powerless over alcohol and that our lives had become unmanageable", that is what your life is like. I've dabbled in the hard stuff but I've always had the sense to know when to jump off before I became a smack/crack/cokehead, when the scene starts getting a bit heavy I've got out.
I've lived in shared places where a Friday night thing becomes a 3 nights thing, then 4,5,6 nights then it's going on all the time and your house become a flop house/party house with loads of weird types turning up any time of day or night, stuff starts going missing, starts off with food in the fridge, then that little pile of pound coins you had in your bedroom disappears. I had a guitar and amp and £200 in cash nicked from me in one place, up in my bedroom when I was at work to find what he could sell.
You see people get drawn into it and you try to get them to calm down, you know from experience where it's going but they won't be told when they're so locked into it. There's only so much you can do if they don't think it's a problem and won't listen to anything you say. Sometimes you have to wait until they crash and burn and reality kicks in again and they decide themselves need to change after reaching rock bottom, then you can help.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Drugs, some sense at last on 22:58 - Mar 9 with 2176 viewsmonytowbray

How many people commit crimes when they drink? I imagine they’d commit even more if it were also illegal to drink and you had to pay black market prices.

As Russell Brand once said; “the problem with addicts is it’s hard to feel sorry for them or help them when a lot of them are dicks because they’re addicts”

It’s a cycle created by a cycle. Break it by looking realistic at our current drug laws.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Drugs, some sense at last on 23:01 - Mar 9 with 2169 viewsmonytowbray

They’re not trying to rob your car or your house though. They don’t want that. They want what they’re addicted to and your property just so happens to cost money and is a gateway to get it. Because a lot of addictive drugs are expensive on the black market as there’s no regulation. If you made cigarettes illegal tomorrow you’d have a load of nicotine craving monsters robbing you up to buy fags.

You need to think about the wider issue and cutting the tree out from the roots.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Drugs, some sense at last on 01:50 - Mar 10 with 2121 viewsSpruceMoose

Drugs, some sense at last on 20:12 - Mar 9 by Trequartista

That alone gives it the Spruce Seal of Approval.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Drugs, some sense at last on 10:35 - Mar 10 with 2020 viewsHARRY10

Drugs, some sense at last on 23:01 - Mar 9 by monytowbray

They’re not trying to rob your car or your house though. They don’t want that. They want what they’re addicted to and your property just so happens to cost money and is a gateway to get it. Because a lot of addictive drugs are expensive on the black market as there’s no regulation. If you made cigarettes illegal tomorrow you’d have a load of nicotine craving monsters robbing you up to buy fags.

You need to think about the wider issue and cutting the tree out from the roots.

you need to amend your post

by removing all after 'think' in the last sentence
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024