Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trevor Phillips then, the daft 'racist'. 19:17 - Mar 9 with 5991 viewsTrequartista

Ingsoc, er sorry Labour, have suspended him for daring to debate islamaphobia. Trevor Phillips! And Corbynistas are doubling down on it. Thoughts?

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Trevor Phillips then, the daft 'racist'. on 19:24 - Mar 9 with 2605 viewslowhouseblue

so trevor phillips, former head of the equalities and human rights commission and former chair of the commission for racial equality, on the one hand, and a gang of mad trots with a grudge on the other, ... hmmm.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Trevor Phillips then, the daft 'racist'. on 19:28 - Mar 9 with 2582 viewsDarth_Koont

Fill your boots. You might want to check out what the complaints are against Phillips first. And then have a think about why those famous anti-racists like Katie Hopkins and Lowhouse are rallying around to support him.

Oborne nails it again by Darth_Koont 7 Mar 2020 13:19
https://www.middleeasteye.net/opinion/british-tories-are-morphing-party-bigots

And so does O’Brien who might be starting to feel a little duped ...

https://twitter.com/mrjamesob/status/1235923926141874176

The lack of mainstream coverage or comment on this and other stuff like the ruling against the JC for making up allegations of bullying against Louise Ellman (who also did nothing to correct this as far as I can see) suggest we have a media that is entirely compromised as a seeker of truth and balance. They are an intrinsic part of the problem in UK politics.

[Post edited 9 Mar 2020 19:31]

Pronouns: He/Him

Trevor Phillips then, the daft 'racist'. on 19:32 - Mar 9 with 2555 viewsDarth_Koont

Trevor Phillips then, the daft 'racist'. on 19:28 - Mar 9 by Darth_Koont

Fill your boots. You might want to check out what the complaints are against Phillips first. And then have a think about why those famous anti-racists like Katie Hopkins and Lowhouse are rallying around to support him.

The lack of mainstream coverage or comment on this and other stuff like the ruling against the JC for making up allegations of bullying against Louise Ellman (who also did nothing to correct this as far as I can see) suggest we have a media that is entirely compromised as a seeker of truth and balance. They are an intrinsic part of the problem in UK politics.

Thanks for reminding me Lowers. Now edited.

Trevor Phillips then, the daft 'racist'. on 19:39 - Mar 9 with 2539 viewslowhouseblue

Trevor Phillips then, the daft 'racist'. on 19:32 - Mar 9 by Darth_Koont

Thanks for reminding me Lowers. Now edited.

your constant repetitive posting to deny the extent of anti-semitism in the labour party is one of the weirdest and nastiest obsessions i've encountered. seek help.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Trevor Phillips then, the daft 'racist'. on 19:43 - Mar 9 with 2514 viewsTrequartista

Trevor Phillips then, the daft 'racist'. on 19:28 - Mar 9 by Darth_Koont

I believe, amonst other things, he said that islamophobia, a phonomenom he knows exists because he actually invented the word, is not racism because people from different races such as Malcolm X and Mohammed Ali are muslims. Whether you agree or not, they have shut down the debate. And I have no interest whatsoever with who agrees with who, i am interested in truth, not consensus.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2020 19:44]

Trevor Phillips then, the daft 'racist'. on 19:49 - Mar 9 with 2483 viewsDarth_Koont

Trevor Phillips then, the daft 'racist'. on 19:39 - Mar 9 by lowhouseblue

your constant repetitive posting to deny the extent of anti-semitism in the labour party is one of the weirdest and nastiest obsessions i've encountered. seek help.

I've never denied the extent of antisemitism. I think I've been pretty solid at actually confirming it.

You on the other hand have been a slimy sh!tweasel at exaggerating and lying about it.

Trevor Phillips then, the daft 'racist'. on 19:50 - Mar 9 with 2482 viewslowhouseblue

Trevor Phillips then, the daft 'racist'. on 19:49 - Mar 9 by Darth_Koont

I've never denied the extent of antisemitism. I think I've been pretty solid at actually confirming it.

You on the other hand have been a slimy sh!tweasel at exaggerating and lying about it.

and on and on it goes. seek help.

Trevor Phillips then, the daft 'racist'. on 19:52 - Mar 9 with 2469 viewsDarth_Koont

Trevor Phillips then, the daft 'racist'. on 19:43 - Mar 9 by Trequartista

I believe, amonst other things, he said that islamophobia, a phonomenom he knows exists because he actually invented the word, is not racism because people from different races such as Malcolm X and Mohammed Ali are muslims. Whether you agree or not, they have shut down the debate. And I have no interest whatsoever with who agrees with who, i am interested in truth, not consensus.

He didn't invent the term and yes, it is covered by racism.

Login to get fewer ads

Trevor Phillips then, the daft 'racist'. on 19:53 - Mar 9 with 2462 viewsfooters

Trevor Phillips then, the daft 'racist'. on 19:43 - Mar 9 by Trequartista

Think you need to update your definition of racism if that's what you believe.

It's nuts.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Trevor Phillips then, the daft 'racist'. on 19:54 - Mar 9 with 2455 viewsDarth_Koont

Trevor Phillips then, the daft 'racist'. on 19:50 - Mar 9 by lowhouseblue

and on and on it goes. seek help.

I'm alright thanks. Your and others' inability to deal with evidence is a bigger problem than me thinking that facts are, you know, kind of important.

Trevor Phillips then, the daft 'racist'. on 20:01 - Mar 9 with 2429 viewsTrequartista

Trevor Phillips then, the daft 'racist'. on 19:53 - Mar 9 by footers

It's nuts.

I deliberately didn't offer an opinion to emphasise that whether it is or isn't is not the point.

Trevor Phillips then, the daft 'racist'. on 20:03 - Mar 9 with 2417 viewsGaryCooper

Trevor Phillips then, the daft 'racist'. on 19:53 - Mar 9 by footers

It's nuts.

What a strange world where indoctrinated white boys define what racism is and is not.
Trevor Phillips then, the daft 'racist'. on 20:05 - Mar 9 with 2405 viewsfooters

Trevor Phillips then, the daft 'racist'. on 20:03 - Mar 9 by GaryCooper

What a strange world where indoctrinated white boys define what racism is and is not.

You clearly being one of them. I'm not sure whether you were this swivel-eyed before but it's been quite funny this time around. Keep it up.

Trevor Phillips then, the daft 'racist'. on 20:09 - Mar 9 with 2391 viewsDarth_Koont

Trevor Phillips then, the daft 'racist'. on 20:05 - Mar 9 by footers

You clearly being one of them. I'm not sure whether you were this swivel-eyed before but it's been quite funny this time around. Keep it up.

Hmmmm. This new breed of antiracists seem very similar to those who have taken a sudden interest in gender politics and equality in order to defend men's rights.

It's not suspicious at all.

Trevor Phillips then, the daft 'racist'. on 20:09 - Mar 9 with 2387 viewsGaryCooper

Trevor Phillips then, the daft 'racist'. on 20:05 - Mar 9 by footers

The insults mean very little coming from such an unreliable witness.
Trevor Phillips then, the daft 'racist'. on 20:11 - Mar 9 with 2372 viewsGaryCooper

Trevor Phillips then, the daft 'racist'. on 20:09 - Mar 9 by Darth_Koont

Hmmmm. This new breed of antiracists seem very similar to those who have taken a sudden interest in gender politics and equality in order to defend men's rights.

What the hell are you on about? That high horse is made of straw and your open support of racism is sickening.

You are rotten.
Trevor Phillips then, the daft 'racist'. on 20:12 - Mar 9 with 2361 viewsfooters

Trevor Phillips then, the daft 'racist'. on 20:09 - Mar 9 by Darth_Koont

I was interested in the bit about Islamophobia not being racism because Malcom X and Muhammad Ali were black. Fascinating stuff.

Trevor Phillips then, the daft 'racist'. on 20:12 - Mar 9 with 2355 viewsDarth_Koont

Trevor Phillips then, the daft 'racist'. on 20:11 - Mar 9 by GaryCooper

What the hell are you on about? That high horse is made of straw and your open support of racism is sickening.

You are rotten.

Yeah, you're one of the ones I was thinking about.

Trevor Phillips then, the daft 'racist'. on 20:13 - Mar 9 with 2352 viewsfooters

Trevor Phillips then, the daft 'racist'. on 20:09 - Mar 9 by GaryCooper

The insults mean very little coming from such an unreliable witness.

Oh OK then. Sorry to trouble you. Look forward to hearing more of your very interesting views in the near future.

Trevor Phillips then, the daft 'racist'. on 20:16 - Mar 9 with 2333 viewsBloomBlue

Well Livingstone got another 2 years in the Labour party even after his anti-Semitism comments and was never banned it will be an interesting comparison.
Trevor Phillips then, the daft 'racist'. on 20:21 - Mar 9 with 2314 viewsjaykay

Trevor Phillips then, the daft 'racist'. on 20:12 - Mar 9 by footers

I was interested in the bit about Islamophobia not being racism because Malcom X and Muhammad Ali were black. Fascinating stuff.

i expect he doesnt know about black jews.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Trevor Phillips then, the daft 'racist'. on 20:24 - Mar 9 with 2287 viewsDarth_Koont

Trevor Phillips then, the daft 'racist'. on 20:16 - Mar 9 by BloomBlue

Well Livingstone got another 2 years in the Labour party even after his anti-Semitism comments and was never banned it will be an interesting comparison.

To be fair Livingstone never said anything as prejudicial against Jews as Phillips has said against Muslims. And I believe his challenge of the suspension was what kept him around more than anything else.

Livingstone's statements were crass and offensive but not antisemitic per se. He was right to be expelled for being a knob about it.

But nice to see so many people actually backing up Phillip's comments. FFS.

Trevor Phillips then, the daft 'racist'. on 20:45 - Mar 9 with 2243 viewsDarth_Koont

Trevor Phillips then, the daft 'racist'. on 20:24 - Mar 9 by Darth_Koont

To be fair Livingstone never said anything as prejudicial against Jews as Phillips has said against Muslims. And I believe his challenge of the suspension was what kept him around more than anything else.

Livingstone's statements were crass and offensive but not antisemitic per se. He was right to be expelled for being a knob about it.

But nice to see so many people actually backing up Phillip's comments. FFS.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/mar/09/labour-suspends-former-head-of-

Warsi must be sick at being constantly ignored over this. It puts our mainstream media (and a seemingly mainstream view on here let's be honest) to shame.

The politics in all of it seems very scummy.

Trevor Phillips then, the daft 'racist'. on 21:25 - Mar 9 with 2196 viewsWeWereZombies

Trevor Phillips then, the daft 'racist'. on 20:12 - Mar 9 by footers

That is not what Trevor Phillips said. He was defining Islam as a faith open to all races, therefore attacks on Islam were attacks on a belief system and not on any one race in particular.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Trevor Phillips then, the daft 'racist'. on 21:33 - Mar 9 with 2158 viewsfooters

Trevor Phillips then, the daft 'racist'. on 21:25 - Mar 9 by WeWereZombies

That is not what Trevor Phillips said. He was defining Islam as a faith open to all races, therefore attacks on Islam were attacks on a belief system and not on any one race in particular.

I was merely critiquing Trequartista's unsurprisingly simplistic interpretation of the position, old bean.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024