Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country 20:48 - Mar 9 with 13736 viewsElderGrizzly

F*cking hell

Plus Israelis about to quarantine everyone entering the country from Thursday

[Post edited 9 Mar 2020 20:49]
Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 20:50 - Mar 9 with 3446 viewsgordon

All that angst and pain we went through to stop freedom of movement, and it was going to happen anyway..

Yeah, Israel won't mess around. Up to yesterday at least, people coming off flights from Milan to UK airports were just allowed to walk through passport control with no advice, no screening, no quarantine, no nothing.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2020 20:51]
Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 20:52 - Mar 9 with 3410 viewsbluelagos

Still dont understand how other countries temp test arrivals from overseas yet we dont...

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 20:53 - Mar 9 with 3408 viewsHARRY10

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 20:50 - Mar 9 by gordon

All that angst and pain we went through to stop freedom of movement, and it was going to happen anyway..

Yeah, Israel won't mess around. Up to yesterday at least, people coming off flights from Milan to UK airports were just allowed to walk through passport control with no advice, no screening, no quarantine, no nothing.

Perhaps it will end people stock piling pasta - and maybe lead to pizza being banned.
Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 20:54 - Mar 9 with 3391 viewsbluelagos

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 20:50 - Mar 9 by gordon

Yet 2 weeks ago, Nigeria was screening all arrivals and even internal flights too.

We do seem to be behind in this respect.

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 20:57 - Mar 9 with 3371 viewsDripFedFred

Well done them. Why the f*** aren't the UK moving on to the delay phase? It's inevitable I don't see the point in procrastinating. Just do it.
Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 21:00 - Mar 9 with 3335 viewsDripFedFred

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 20:57 - Mar 9 by DripFedFred

Well done them. Why the f*** aren't the UK moving on to the delay phase? It's inevitable I don't see the point in procrastinating. Just do it.

With a vaccine over a year away the main hope seems to be the virus burning itself out. That's not going to happen while they still allow gatherings of tens of thousands of people in a confined area. A miniscule chance of catching it by walking past someone on the street but standing within a few metres of someone for a while, such as at a sporting event, makes the risk exponentially higher.
Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 21:05 - Mar 9 with 3298 viewsbluelagos

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 21:00 - Mar 9 by DripFedFred

With a vaccine over a year away the main hope seems to be the virus burning itself out. That's not going to happen while they still allow gatherings of tens of thousands of people in a confined area. A miniscule chance of catching it by walking past someone on the street but standing within a few metres of someone for a while, such as at a sporting event, makes the risk exponentially higher.

On the radio earlier, they gave the scenario were you go the footie, and you are at risk from the persons next to you.

Behind closed doors footie, we go to the pub to watch it and probably interact with a dozen or so potential virus carriers.

So not as simple as it seems.

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 21:06 - Mar 9 with 3279 viewsGlasgowBlue

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 20:54 - Mar 9 by bluelagos

Yet 2 weeks ago, Nigeria was screening all arrivals and even internal flights too.

Everyone has a choice. We can listen to the Government's health experts or we can listen to people speculating on TWTD. Each to their own, but I know which route I'm going down.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Login to get fewer ads

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 21:06 - Mar 9 with 3279 viewsDanTheMan

I have a feeling I may not be going to Italy ins a couple of weeks.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 21:06 - Mar 9 with 3272 viewsElderGrizzly

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 20:54 - Mar 9 by bluelagos

I agree. I enjoyed my scan in Lagos :)
Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 21:08 - Mar 9 with 3247 viewsGlasgowBlue

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 21:06 - Mar 9 by ElderGrizzly

I agree. I enjoyed my scan in Lagos :)

How will airport checks help detect a virus with a 14 day incubation period?

Iron Lion Zion

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 21:08 - Mar 9 with 3247 viewsfooters

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 21:06 - Mar 9 by DanTheMan

Depends how much leave you're after :)

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 21:08 - Mar 9 with 3250 viewsGuthrum

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 20:57 - Mar 9 by DripFedFred

Italy is a major hotspot fior the disease.

Besides which, most of their economy is based in the worst-hit areas of the north, so it isn't going to do much more damage to that.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 21:08 - Mar 9 with 3245 viewsElderGrizzly

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 21:06 - Mar 9 by GlasgowBlue

Everyone has a choice. We can listen to the Government's health experts or we can listen to people speculating on TWTD. Each to their own, but I know which route I'm going down.

No speculation from me. Just reporting what the equivalent person in Italy has done.

View inside FCO is we are getting this wrong
Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 21:08 - Mar 9 with 3240 viewssparks

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 21:06 - Mar 9 by GlasgowBlue

Indeed- you follow the scientific advice.

Though if other countries have diffferent advice, its fair to question. its also fair to question whether this Government actually follows the advice, and whether it would be honest about whether it is doing so or not.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 21:09 - Mar 9 with 3232 viewsStokieBlue

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 20:52 - Mar 9 by bluelagos

Still dont understand how other countries temp test arrivals from overseas yet we dont...

To be fair it's a very poor method of screening anything. From reviewed studies it seems to be between 7% and 12% effective at picking out people with fevers.

People without a fever can be contagious for 14+ days so it's also not going to stop many carriers.

SB
[Post edited 9 Mar 2020 21:10]

Avatar - IC484 - Horsehead and Flame Nebulae

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 21:09 - Mar 9 with 3226 viewsGuthrum

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 21:00 - Mar 9 by DripFedFred

Why would a vaccine be over a year away? They're not going to go through the whole extended process of clinical trials with this.

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 21:10 - Mar 9 with 3218 viewsfooters

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 21:09 - Mar 9 by StokieBlue

To be fair it's a very poor method of screening anything. From reviewed studies it seems to be between 7% and 12% effective at picking out people with fevers.

People without a fever can be contagious for 14+ days so it's also not going to stop many carriers.

SB
[Post edited 9 Mar 2020 21:10]

Even obvious fevers, such as ones picked up by being touched or held tight.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 21:10 - Mar 9 with 3218 viewsGuthrum

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 21:05 - Mar 9 by bluelagos

On the radio earlier, they gave the scenario were you go the footie, and you are at risk from the persons next to you.

Behind closed doors footie, we go to the pub to watch it and probably interact with a dozen or so potential virus carriers.

In the first scenario, at least you're in the open air, not a tightly-packed room.

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 21:11 - Mar 9 with 3212 viewsStokieBlue

I think it was inevitable once they did it to the North.

In reality they have no idea how many cases there are in Italy. Not enough testing kits and 2 weeks without symptoms make it very difficult. This is probably the safest way to try and stop it now.

Crap for those who can't move around obviously.

SB

Avatar - IC484 - Horsehead and Flame Nebulae

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 21:11 - Mar 9 with 3205 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 21:06 - Mar 9 by DanTheMan

Presumably they have closed the borders then and banned private jets for taking off?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 21:12 - Mar 9 with 3206 viewsDripFedFred

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 21:05 - Mar 9 by bluelagos

Well there is some Chinese data to suggest that you are not just at risk from standing next to someone but at up to 5m away. And it's not just who you sit next to. Thousands go to the bar and for food before the game and at half-time.

The fact people might go to the pub and watch it isn't really a counter to restricting events of tens of thousands.
Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 21:13 - Mar 9 with 3185 viewsGuthrum

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 21:08 - Mar 9 by sparks

Indeed- you follow the scientific advice.

Though if other countries have diffferent advice, its fair to question. its also fair to question whether this Government actually follows the advice, and whether it would be honest about whether it is doing so or not.

The senior scientists are still onside, so I doubt the government are completely ignoring their advice. When they break ranks, that's the time to worry.

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 21:13 - Mar 9 with 3178 viewsGlasgowBlue

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 21:10 - Mar 9 by Guthrum

In the first scenario, at least you're in the open air, not a tightly-packed room.

The sensible and responsible thing to do would be watch the games at home until this has blown over.

Iron Lion Zion

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 21:15 - Mar 9 with 3154 viewsDripFedFred

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 21:09 - Mar 9 by Guthrum

Why would a vaccine be over a year away? They're not going to go through the whole extended process of clinical trials with this.

I'm just going on what the pharma companies and experts say. First they need to find an effective vaccine, then it needs extensive testing first on animals and then on humans. They might be able to find a vaccine relatively quickly but they're not going to release it until there has been extensive testing, which is the time-consuming part.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024