Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stuart Taylor 07:49 - Mar 10 with 4563 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at the owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Stuart Taylor on 07:56 - Mar 10 with 4116 viewsBluefish

Anyone but Lambo. Lucky to have him

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Stuart Taylor on 08:16 - Mar 10 with 4066 viewshadleighboyblue

He seems to spend most of the time during the match complaining to the 4th official . I agree , we seem to be poor tactically , which questions the quality of the coaching .
Stuart Taylor on 08:22 - Mar 10 with 4028 viewscarlisleaway

When was the last decent coach at Ipswich....no bus jokes.
Stuart Taylor on 08:27 - Mar 10 with 4021 viewshatch

He did seem a little more focused on LinkedIn videos of our celebrations than tactics in the first few months of the season.

I like the guy but if Lambert is Mr Motivator (or meant to be), then that leaves Taylor as Head of Tactics, which we seem to be bereft of.
Stuart Taylor on 08:52 - Mar 10 with 3948 viewsBryanPlug

Stuart Taylor on 08:27 - Mar 10 by hatch

He did seem a little more focused on LinkedIn videos of our celebrations than tactics in the first few months of the season.

I like the guy but if Lambert is Mr Motivator (or meant to be), then that leaves Taylor as Head of Tactics, which we seem to be bereft of.

[content removed at owner's request]

Stuart Taylor on 08:57 - Mar 10 with 3905 viewsBluefish

Stuart Taylor on 08:52 - Mar 10 by BryanPlug

Or just sack PRP and get someone that can do the job properly

The level of fight and motivation last season and this season tells me he might need someone to fo that for him as well

Get someone in to do the coaching, someone for team selections, someone for tactics, someone for motivation and management but keep Lambo as manager to focus on PR stunts??

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Stuart Taylor on 09:07 - Mar 10 with 3879 viewsBent_double

Not saying that the players should turn into 'supergrasses' or anything, but if there really are problems in the way things are done, why don't one or two of the senior players approach LON or go straight to ME and tell them so?

Maybe they don't care, maybe they see this situation as the best way to be rid of PL and his team, maybe they believe it's all down to money, and they know there isn't any, or maybe they don't want to take the responsibility.

Assuming PL gets the boot now/end of season, we get a new guy in and we're flying at the top of the league next season (lol!), you just know that players will start coming out with stories about how bad it was under PL and his team this season, happens all the time.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Stuart Taylor on 09:15 - Mar 10 with 3836 viewsBlueBadger

Stuart Taylor on 08:27 - Mar 10 by hatch

The very idea that a member of Lambert's team is more interested in crass self-promotion than actually coaching and improving footballers seems beyond credibility to me.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2020 9:41]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

Stuart Taylor on 09:19 - Mar 10 with 3811 viewsBlueBadger

Stuart Taylor on 08:57 - Mar 10 by Bluefish

Or just sack PRP and get someone that can do the job properly

The level of fight and motivation last season and this season tells me he might need someone to fo that for him as well

Get someone in to do the coaching, someone for team selections, someone for tactics, someone for motivation and management but keep Lambo as manager to focus on PR stunts??

We could kill two birds with one stone here and move Lambert upstairs to become marketing director, meaning we don't have to pay him off and then hope that Evans actually employs a competent manager this time.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Stuart Taylor on 09:20 - Mar 10 with 3807 viewsSteve_M

If anyone looked at Dale Robert's CV as a player and coach would they have seen what he offered Burley?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Stuart Taylor (n/t) on 09:21 - Mar 10 with 3804 viewsmonty_radio

Stuart Taylor on 09:07 - Mar 10 by Bent_double

Not saying that the players should turn into 'supergrasses' or anything, but if there really are problems in the way things are done, why don't one or two of the senior players approach LON or go straight to ME and tell them so?

Maybe they don't care, maybe they see this situation as the best way to be rid of PL and his team, maybe they believe it's all down to money, and they know there isn't any, or maybe they don't want to take the responsibility.

Assuming PL gets the boot now/end of season, we get a new guy in and we're flying at the top of the league next season (lol!), you just know that players will start coming out with stories about how bad it was under PL and his team this season, happens all the time.

I don't think that most of the players would want rid of P.L. They would recognise him as an old pro (who's played at a high level - yes, I know!) and he seems a regular guy and players are usually quite conservative young men who like what they know. Hurst was clearly not the answer, but they reportedly withdrew their support at an early stage. They'll like the next guy if he likes them.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2020 9:25]

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Stuart Taylor on 09:22 - Mar 10 with 3793 viewsitfcjoe

Then that is Lambert's fault

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Stuart Taylor on 09:54 - Mar 10 with 3708 viewsitfc48

There is definitely a problem with the coaching, in particular, our strikers. Their movement and anticipation is very average at this level and the number of daft offsides is ridiculous.

We definitely don't play off the shoulder enough. Sears should have spent the entirety of the Cov game trying to get in behind their big two lumps. Instead, he pulls out wide leaving us nothing through the middle.
Stuart Taylor on 10:07 - Mar 10 with 3660 viewsElephantintheRoom

Interesting that professional coaches cannot solve the obvious problems - but everyone on here can.

Reminds me of the old adage that football is a game played by 22 amateurs watched by 22,000 professional. Might have to add a 0 to allow for all the internet expertise.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Stuart Taylor on 10:32 - Mar 10 with 3558 viewsGlasgowBlue

Stuart Taylor on 09:54 - Mar 10 by itfc48

There is definitely a problem with the coaching, in particular, our strikers. Their movement and anticipation is very average at this level and the number of daft offsides is ridiculous.

We definitely don't play off the shoulder enough. Sears should have spent the entirety of the Cov game trying to get in behind their big two lumps. Instead, he pulls out wide leaving us nothing through the middle.

If a seasoned pro like Freddie Sears needs to be coached on decision making then I’d suggest that it isn’t the coaching that’s the problem

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Stuart Taylor on 10:51 - Mar 10 with 3500 viewsWD19

Stuart Taylor on 09:20 - Mar 10 by Steve_M

If anyone looked at Dale Robert's CV as a player and coach would they have seen what he offered Burley?

Fortunately there were actual football results to help with the whole 'demonstrating value' thing. I'm no football expert, but it seems to me that the results bit might be more important than some people realise.
Stuart Taylor on 11:27 - Mar 10 with 3440 viewsGarv

Stuart Taylor on 09:54 - Mar 10 by itfc48

He did in fairness. He was offside loads.

Norwood shows good movement I'd say, which suggests it's down to individual players.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2020 11:28]

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Stuart Taylor on 11:36 - Mar 10 with 3409 viewsSteve_M

Stuart Taylor on 10:51 - Mar 10 by WD19

Fortunately there were actual football results to help with the whole 'demonstrating value' thing. I'm no football expert, but it seems to me that the results bit might be more important than some people realise.

There were but, as I think everyone agrees now, the lack of results is the responsibility of Lambert. Instead we get 50 theories a day with random explanations as to why we aren't very good.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Stuart Taylor on 13:46 - Mar 10 with 3236 viewsBryanPlug

Stuart Taylor on 09:20 - Mar 10 by Steve_M

Stuart Taylor on 13:49 - Mar 10 with 3221 viewsBryanPlug

Stuart Taylor on 10:07 - Mar 10 by ElephantintheRoom

Interesting that professional coaches cannot solve the obvious problems - but everyone on here can.

Reminds me of the old adage that football is a game played by 22 amateurs watched by 22,000 professional. Might have to add a 0 to allow for all the internet expertise.

Stuart Taylor on 15:50 - Mar 10 with 3070 viewsJ4ck22

he's most likely a problem, but definitely not THE problem.
He's part of the problem... on 17:19 - Mar 10 with 2941 viewsunstableblue

.... but the problem runs through chairman, non playing side management, football leadership structure, football manager, first team coach.

Its been Marcus' blind spot. Badly advised from day one, and thinking you could put limited talent into the clubs wider management team, and rely on a single manager to make everything right.

His criteria should be dynamic club CEO to drive the business side, someone who understands how to run a successful stadium and non-playing business; a technical director / director of football to link the strategy (the 5 point plan or whatever are the objectives) across academy, recruitment, manager selection, loans, etc. A football manager who buys into an ethos of entertainment, progressive and technical football techniques who can develop players and get more from a team of mid level footballers through effective systems of play - pass and move. If they are up and coming, supported by an experienced first team coach.

Clegg, Milne.... joke.

O'Neill.... weak

Keane, Jewell, McCarthy, Hurst, Lambert.. Connor, Taylor.... not progressive, not technical, wrong fit for this club.

Robinson from Oxford or Robins from Coventry with the right team behind them... proper CEO.... make it happen Marcus. Our stadium and fan base is a big plus,we are a project... we have great youth potential.

MAKE IT SO

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

Stuart Taylor on 17:22 - Mar 10 with 2935 viewsChocorange

Stuart Taylor on 08:22 - Mar 10 by carlisleaway

Willie Donachie , long time ago now .
TC did OK with improving Murphys finishing ....
Stuart Taylor on 17:29 - Mar 10 with 2909 viewshappybeingblue

i wonder why kieron dyer alan lee chris hogg etc have all left the club recently
Stuart Taylor on 17:33 - Mar 10 with 2897 viewsRadlett_blue

Stuart Taylor on 08:22 - Mar 10 by carlisleaway

John Gorman?
Someone I knew & had played against ran rings around Gorman when he was playing for Spurs reserves Mind you, Gorman had been crippled by Jimmy Case a couple of years before & I don't think he played for the first team subsequently.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024