Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Training rides starting today for Lands End JoG ride 09:09 - Mar 11 with 2895 viewsbluelagos

Seeing as how I will be tapping you lot for some sponsorship, figured I'd keep a log of all the hard work going into it :-)

Heading off to Brightlingsea then Colchester - reckon will be close to 45 miles - but will record it and post up later.

If you see a knackered bright yellow jacketed rider holding you up (still on MTB) - be gentle :-)

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Training rides starting today for Lands End JoG ride on 09:22 - Mar 11 with 2863 viewsTractorWood

I commuted in today on my proper summer bike. Beautiful morning. Good luck with Ride across Britain.

I have UK Ironman later in July but reckon it will get cancelled.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Training rides starting today for Lands End JoG ride on 15:54 - Mar 11 with 2795 viewsbluelagos

50.2 miles
4 Hr 51 mins saddle time.
Sore arse (out of 10) 7.4

BL

Training rides starting today for Lands End JoG ride on 19:14 - Mar 11 with 2763 viewsTractorWood

Training rides starting today for Lands End JoG ride on 15:54 - Mar 11 by bluelagos

50.2 miles

BL

Is saddle soreness an issue for you? Might be worth getting a bike fit if so or some amazing bib shorts?

Training rides starting today for Lands End JoG ride on 19:34 - Mar 11 with 2746 viewsazuremerlangus

Training rides starting today for Lands End JoG ride on 15:54 - Mar 11 by bluelagos

50.2 miles

BL

Good effort.

Don't worry - your "sit bones" will acclimatise as you clock up the hours in the saddle.

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

Training rides starting today for Lands End JoG ride on 19:37 - Mar 11 with 2740 viewsgordon

Training rides starting today for Lands End JoG ride on 19:34 - Mar 11 by azuremerlangus

Good effort.

Don't worry - your "sit bones" will acclimatise as you clock up the hours in the saddle.

Get a decent Brooks saddle. After that, you will never have problems.
Training rides starting today for Lands End JoG ride on 21:01 - Mar 11 with 2716 viewshampstead_blue

Mammil?

We've loads in Wilts.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Training rides starting today for Lands End JoG ride on 12:42 - Mar 13 with 2628 viewsbluelagos

31.5 miles.
3 hr 21 mins
Shotley and back.
Pub was shut, no burger van, so super slow before I got to Stutton community shop for a couple of bananas at 27 miles.
Wet n windy in parts.

Arse ache (out of ten) 6.2

Training rides starting today for Lands End JoG ride on 14:40 - Mar 17 with 2563 viewsbluelagos

Dedham, Stutton loop.

25miles. 2hrs 23 mins saddle time.

Sore arse 6.6 out of 10.

Login to get fewer ads

Training rides starting today for Lands End JoG ride on 13:44 - Mar 21 with 2505 viewsbluelagos

25 today. Forgot to turn the timer off when I stopped midway - usual time I reckon.

Sore arse - 7.1 out of 10.

Training rides starting today for Lands End JoG ride on 14:25 - Mar 21 with 2481 viewsazuremerlangus

Training rides starting today for Lands End JoG ride on 13:44 - Mar 21 by bluelagos

25 today. Forgot to turn the timer off when I stopped midway - usual time I reckon.

Sore arse - 7.1 out of 10.

Good effort - should be getting easier now (or as quoted by a famous cyclist "It doesn't get any easier - you just go faster")

Training rides starting today for Lands End JoG ride on 14:27 - Mar 21 with 2480 viewsbluelagos

Training rides starting today for Lands End JoG ride on 14:25 - Mar 21 by azuremerlangus

Good effort - should be getting easier now (or as quoted by a famous cyclist "It doesn't get any easier - you just go faster")

Sort of. The bit I am not very good at is fueling. Will be harder too seeing as how most cafes are now closed :-(

Training rides starting today for Lands End JoG ride on 14:39 - Mar 21 with 2472 viewsazuremerlangus

Training rides starting today for Lands End JoG ride on 14:27 - Mar 21 by bluelagos

Sort of. The bit I am not very good at is fueling. Will be harder too seeing as how most cafes are now closed :-(

2 waters bottles + muesli/flapjacks/bananas for me if I'm not stopping at a cafe. Also take a couple of gels for emergency energy if I've over done it.

Whatever you prefer really - as long as it has a little bit of salt in to stop cramping. Mars bar, bag of ready salted crisps and plenty of water is the cheap version of all the nutritional stuff you can buy!

Training rides starting today for Lands End JoG ride on 16:08 - Mar 21 with 2456 viewsLeoMuff

Training rides starting today for Lands End JoG ride on 14:40 - Mar 17 by bluelagos

Dedham, Stutton loop.

25miles. 2hrs 23 mins saddle time.

Sore arse 6.6 out of 10.

Go find some hills, the lands end to okehampton leg has some serious climbing..

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Training rides starting today for Lands End JoG ride on 13:47 - Mar 22 with 2416 viewsbluelagos

26.3 miles today, consequtive day too so happy with that.

Forgot to stop timer when stopping for a coffee, suitably distanced of course.

Some proper knobs on the roads today, you can tell people are driving with less consideration for others. 3 coffee grinders in 26 miles, usually it would be 1 max.

Training rides starting today for Lands End JoG ride on 15:49 - Mar 24 with 2372 viewsbluelagos

30.2 miles in 3 Hr 9mins.

Arse ok. Much quieter roads today which makes for a lovely ride, shame the cafes are pretty much all closed.

Training rides starting today for Lands End JoG ride on 16:43 - Mar 24 with 2352 viewsTractorWood

Training rides starting today for Lands End JoG ride on 15:49 - Mar 24 by bluelagos

30.2 miles in 3 Hr 9mins.

Arse ok. Much quieter roads today which makes for a lovely ride, shame the cafes are pretty much all closed.

Did 77 miles on Sunday in 5 hours. First long ride this year and a cycling cafe was sort of open for takeaway coffees and a sausage roll along the route.

Roads were unbelievably quiet Sunday but went for a quick spin at lunch and they were pretty busy!

Training rides starting today for Lands End JoG ride on 17:27 - Mar 24 with 2330 viewsbluelagos

Training rides starting today for Lands End JoG ride on 16:43 - Mar 24 by TractorWood

Did 77 miles on Sunday in 5 hours. First long ride this year and a cycling cafe was sort of open for takeaway coffees and a sausage roll along the route.

Roads were unbelievably quiet Sunday but went for a quick spin at lunch and they were pretty busy!

Saw your post on that one. Been there before on the motorbike. Nice place for sure. Sticking to within 10 miles of home cos just cos it saves a load of hassle if encountering an arsy copper.

Going to try and do 4 maybe 5 25 milers a week for a while before stepping up. Thats the plan anyhow,

Training rides starting today for Lands End JoG ride on 14:33 - Mar 25 with 2298 viewsbluelagos

28.2 miles
2hr 53 mins saddle time

Arse ache 6.4 out of 10

Road users much more polite today - think the stresses of the past week are settling a little.

BL

Training rides starting today for Lands End JoG ride on 13:30 - Mar 26 with 2250 viewsbluelagos

28.9 miles

3 hrs 11 mins saddle time.

First time I've done 3 consecutive long rides - feeling ok too.

Arse ache - started at 8 but went down to 6 as my arse got used to different shorts - more sculpted - ride up yer arse crack types.

Training rides starting today for Lands End JoG ride on 13:07 - Mar 27 with 2222 viewsbluelagos

Given the increasing hysteria from some posters I think I'll update once the restrictions are all over. Shame but dont wish to upset posters who might be struggling anxiety.

Training rides starting today for Lands End JoG ride on 12:30 - Apr 23 with 1935 viewsbluelagos

Bit of personal goal hit today.

Managed to cycle a marathon faster than the running world record. That is 40 mins quicker than the first time I cycled 26 miles on a MTB.

26 miles
1 hr 53.

Today, on the road bike, which am still getting used to, so reckon there's 5 mins coming off that.

Still on the sharp seat - which you kind of get used too. Going to stick with it for a little while.

Good morning on the lanes :-)
BL
[Post edited 23 Apr 2020 13:02]

Training rides starting today for Lands End JoG ride on 21:33 - Apr 23 with 1890 viewsCrawfordsboot

Training rides starting today for Lands End JoG ride on 12:30 - Apr 23 by bluelagos

Bit of personal goal hit today.

Managed to cycle a marathon faster than the running world record. That is 40 mins quicker than the first time I cycled 26 miles on a MTB.

26 miles
1 hr 53.

Today, on the road bike, which am still getting used to, so reckon there's 5 mins coming off that.

Still on the sharp seat - which you kind of get used too. Going to stick with it for a little while.

Good morning on the lanes :-)
BL
[Post edited 23 Apr 2020 13:02]

Hi BL
I got in 50k along the Rhône valley towards Sion today with 3 mates. Stunning scenery and weather. The trick is to clock up at least 35 minutes on the quiet days, taking one day a week off. After two to three weeks of it everything gets easier but having just passed 70 and at 104kg the climbs are a b****r so I try to keep to the valley floor. Senior management now has an e bike so takes the Michael passing me on the hills.
Training rides starting today for Lands End JoG ride on 21:38 - Apr 23 with 1881 viewsbluelagos

Training rides starting today for Lands End JoG ride on 21:33 - Apr 23 by Crawfordsboot

Hi BL
I got in 50k along the Rhône valley towards Sion today with 3 mates. Stunning scenery and weather. The trick is to clock up at least 35 minutes on the quiet days, taking one day a week off. After two to three weeks of it everything gets easier but having just passed 70 and at 104kg the climbs are a b****r so I try to keep to the valley floor. Senior management now has an e bike so takes the Michael passing me on the hills.

Tbf, the hills are bit bigger in the Alps.

Done 2 weeks of 200+ miles so well happy with progress. Pushed it hard today and dont seem to be aching now which is another good sign. :-)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024