Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dyer 11:50 - Mar 11 with 3593 viewstractorboy1978

Other than sentiment - can someone sell him to me as our next manager?
Dyer on 11:52 - Mar 11 with 3088 viewsPecker

£50 sounds reasonable. PM me.
Dyer on 11:55 - Mar 11 with 3061 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

None of us really know whether he would be good or bad.

Bowyer did well at Charlton, not sure I would have predicted that.

When we appointed Lambert, his recent CV was awful.

Whilst Dyer has no track record to speak of, it could be argued thats better than having a terrible track record over the past few years.

Everyone needs an opportunity to prove themselves.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Dyer on 11:56 - Mar 11 with 3068 viewsclive_baker

There isn't a cat in hell's chance Dyer is going to be our next manager.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Dyer on 12:02 - Mar 11 with 3014 viewstractorboy1978

Dyer on 11:56 - Mar 11 by clive_baker

There isn't a cat in hell's chance Dyer is going to be our next manager.

I'm just interested as a few on here and Twitter have said they'd give it to him or like to see him get it, including Joe.

I know Magilton stepped straight into it but he always felt like a future manager to me, Dyer doesn't.
Dyer on 12:05 - Mar 11 with 3007 viewsSwansea_Blue

Brendan Rodgers had no more experience when he took his first job at Watford (on the face of it anyway). Just youth coach and and reserves for a few years. He turned out ok.

I'm clutching at straws there, and Rodger's situation isn't relevant to Dyer's of course. But it shows the jump can be made. It all comes down to character, intelligence, willingness to develop, and natural talent. I've no idea if Dyer has all that. and suspect the only reason he's mentioned is because of the sentiment.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Dyer on 12:05 - Mar 11 with 2990 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Dyer on 12:02 - Mar 11 by tractorboy1978

I'm just interested as a few on here and Twitter have said they'd give it to him or like to see him get it, including Joe.

I know Magilton stepped straight into it but he always felt like a future manager to me, Dyer doesn't.

Dyer seems bright, ambitious and knowledgeable, and has been a coach.

I guess as a former captain Magic was already a leader of the team.

But Dyer is as qualified (probably more so) as Jim.

As we know only too well, any appointment is a gamble.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Dyer on 12:09 - Mar 11 with 2986 viewsSouperJim

He didn't sound like a complete numptard on radio suffolk at the weekend, therefore he is a shoo in?

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Dyer on 12:12 - Mar 11 with 2975 viewshype313

We've done the tried and tested over the past 10 years to no avail.

Might aswell give Kieron a try.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Login to get fewer ads

Dyer on 12:23 - Mar 11 with 2916 viewsIwasthere

Dyer on 12:12 - Mar 11 by hype313

We've done the tried and tested over the past 10 years to no avail.

Might aswell give Kieron a try.

With Terry Butcher who has had management experience albeit not overly successful.
Dyer on 12:26 - Mar 11 with 2899 viewsWD19

He is infinitely more capable than the past two.

As is bluey.
Dyer on 12:44 - Mar 11 with 2820 viewshype313

Dyer on 12:23 - Mar 11 by Iwasthere

With Terry Butcher who has had management experience albeit not overly successful.

I'd actually prefer Burley to be on hand to help/advise, I know he's been out of the game for a while, but from a man management perspective he has a solid pedigree.

Also, from Marcus's point of view, Kieron would be incredibly cheap, given he would be offering him quite plum job given his lack of experience.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2020 12:45]

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Dyer on 12:50 - Mar 11 with 2789 viewsBrixtonBlue

If he's been schooled under Warnock for a bit, that certainly wouldn't hurt his case.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Dyer on 12:51 - Mar 11 with 2781 viewsHullblue

Dyer on 12:05 - Mar 11 by Marshalls_Mullet

Dyer seems bright, ambitious and knowledgeable, and has been a coach.

I guess as a former captain Magic was already a leader of the team.

But Dyer is as qualified (probably more so) as Jim.

As we know only too well, any appointment is a gamble.

I love his attitude and his openness - he’s definitely grown up a lot and he’s one of us.

However, I don’t think his comments were anything other than stating the obvious, to be honest. Showed bottle but no great level of insight.

I’d love to be wrong but I haven’t seen or heard anything to convince me he’s our next manager yet.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

Dyer on 12:56 - Mar 11 with 2765 viewsitfcjoe

A few bits on below thread

Not saying he’d be my first choice, but if we were looking to someone to link the academy and first team, whilst having good contacts in loan market and having the ego to take it on I think he’d be a good choice

No track record at all to speak off, but I can’t see any promotion from within getting the respect required - bar potentially Chambers and Skuse as a managerial team whixh would be more like the Jim appointment - but I’d prefer Dyer to them

If you were to go down the ex-player route, trying to link to the academy by itfcjoe 10 Mar 2020 11:22
Like Chelsea seem to have done with Frank Lampard - are there any obvious names that stick out?

Dyer seems to be the one of that profile who wants the job, has he done his coaching badges? He'd presumably be paired up with a Nash (or previously Hogg) who both have had success in the academy and hold their Pro Licences.

There was talk in the Athletic article about almost a cartel of academy guys who run the club, is it to be assumed that these guys are in that - and if so should they be given their opportunity if running the club anyway?

It will be interesting times when Lambert does inevitably get the boot, but can't help but feel that Evans will go down the experienced manager to try and get us straight back up route.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Dyer on 13:00 - Mar 11 with 2724 viewsGirthyguy

I would take Dyer in a heartbeat if I'm honest. But I'm not sure if Dyer would manage us under Evans.
Dyer on 13:03 - Mar 11 with 2703 viewsDinnernotTea

Hold on a minute, Hurst won 6% of his games here. Lambert has won 26%.

Why the hell do you need "selling" on someone to be better than that?

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

Dyer on 13:08 - Mar 11 with 2676 viewstractorboy1978

Dyer on 13:03 - Mar 11 by DinnernotTea

Hold on a minute, Hurst won 6% of his games here. Lambert has won 26%.

Why the hell do you need "selling" on someone to be better than that?

Yes because Dyer, Hurst and Lambert are the only options aren't they...

I was just trying to understand people's thought processes. I am not against Dyer as such, he's just never struck me as the type to be a manager.

But some good points have been made on this thread.
Dyer on 13:09 - Mar 11 with 2667 viewsKropotkin123

The Next Manager Is… by Kropotkin123 29 Mar 2018 19:50
Yep, you guessed it... Kieron Dyer. And here’s why

1. Budget: Kieron has proved he can work on a shoe string budget. In the academy Kieron has had to rely on his own wits to get his team playing football. He doesn’t buy in the best talent, he coaches them to be the best.

2. The Highest Level: You don’t get much better than international football for the national team. This kind of experience will be crucial in pushing people to be the best they can be.

3. “The Ipswich Way” aka entertainment: Kieron gets his team playing great football. He knows what the fans want, as he played here before with that attacking intent.

4. Experience: Kieron has learnt from the best. Sir Bobby Robson and George Burley have both imparted their wisdom. Not to mention the high calibre international managers. He seems like he’s taken that on-board with the wisdom he recently imparted.

5. The Rooney Rule: Kieron was against this, as he knows he is the best, and doesn’t need a rule to help him. Give him a chance and he will prove he is great - again.

Insight from 29th March 2018...

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Dyer on 13:11 - Mar 11 with 2657 viewsDinnernotTea

Dyer on 13:08 - Mar 11 by tractorboy1978

Yes because Dyer, Hurst and Lambert are the only options aren't they...

I was just trying to understand people's thought processes. I am not against Dyer as such, he's just never struck me as the type to be a manager.

But some good points have been made on this thread.

You're not understanding. Where did I say they're the only options? Whoever is Evans' and Chambers' next victim here then they have to follow 6% & 26% records. Point is I wouldn't boohoo anyone with those 2 clowns setting standards.

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

Dyer on 14:00 - Mar 11 with 2493 viewsreusersfreekicks

Is pretty much sentiment tbh
Dyer on 14:23 - Mar 11 with 2448 viewsjeera

Dyer on 12:09 - Mar 11 by SouperJim

He didn't sound like a complete numptard on radio suffolk at the weekend, therefore he is a shoo in?

You gotta be honest, it is a selling point.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Dyer on 14:50 - Mar 11 with 2402 viewsr2d2

Warnock /Dyer is being mentioned.
Dyer on 14:51 - Mar 11 with 2404 viewsSharkey

I don't know about manager, but I was very impressed with KD's podcast when he interviewed KVY. Articulate and modest and actually listening to Kane's answers.

As I may have before, to me the best qualified person actually living in the parish right now would be be Geraint Williams. If you want to chuck in a local hero as number 2, another candidate would be Herman Hreydarsson.
Dyer on 16:25 - Mar 11 with 2285 viewsGeoffSentence

No Idea, but it's time to rewatch some Kieron videos

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Dyer on 16:55 - Mar 11 with 2215 viewsBluearmy71

If he only turns out to have half the talent he had when playing when it comes to being a manager.........OK I know it rarely works that way but "IF" it does we could be in for a treat!

He has invested in the club at some level out of his own pocket

It will be a cheapish appointment but I would like to see him working under a mentor like a George Burley or maybe the much touted Warnock.

He's one of our own and lives and breathes Ipswich Town F.C

And as I spoke of in a thread a few days ago, if we are staying in this division its an ideal place for him to cut his cloth as our manager!

And even if the worst should happen you could never say his heart was never in it!

And lets face it, isn't it everyone's dream to play for then go onto managing the club they love?

Finally....don't be bleedin ridiculous man........you simply can't post about KD becoming manager without sentiment attached!! ;)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024