Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) 14:04 - Mar 11 with 13789 viewsMaySixth

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 14:08 - Mar 11 with 6280 viewsSteve_M

Same as for the Bury home game.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 14:13 - Mar 11 with 6252 viewsBrightonBlue

To be honest, it might be doing us a favour. Just think, we don't have to sit through five more games like Fleetwood. Still scarred by that.
How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 14:15 - Mar 11 with 6243 viewsReuser_is_God

You don't get one & rightly so.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 14:18 - Mar 11 with 6220 viewsSwansea_Blue

I would have thought you've already received more than value for money with all these improved performances

#beatingbadgertoit

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 14:28 - Mar 11 with 6197 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Hopefully football fans just accept it for what it is. Not sure if there is a force majeure clause within ST terms and conditions but there should be.

12,000 of us x 5 games equates to 60,000. Even if we've only effectively paid £15 a match (which is what mine was and one of the cheapest from what I recall, balanced against more expensive seats and kids seats), that's almost a million quid.

I'd much rather I got to watch the last five games for free on the app and the club kept my money than we effectively remove any transfer budget we might have had next year.

Arguably I'll probably have as much fun not going than actually going of late and nobody is asking for a refund for three consecutive 1-0 home defeats. It's no different to the match happening and being one to forget.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2020 14:33]

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 14:31 - Mar 11 with 6179 viewsSomethingBlue

Just see it as a sunk cost.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 14:41 - Mar 11 with 6139 viewsSharkey

https://en.as.com/en/2020/03/10/football/1583862663_146813.html

Nice
How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 14:45 - Mar 11 with 6126 viewsFixed_It

If you want to damage the Club demand it or cancel your Direct Debit. Otherwise, suck it up and look forward to our resurgence next season.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Login to get fewer ads

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 15:23 - Mar 11 with 6050 viewsTractorCam

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 14:15 - Mar 11 by Reuser_is_God

You don't get one & rightly so.

Bet he moans at Evans not investing enough though.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 15:27 - Mar 11 with 6022 viewsElephantintheRoom

Already you cheapskates with cut price season tickets are doing the club enormous harm

At last you can see the benefit of pay as you go

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 15:41 - Mar 11 with 5956 viewsSWGF

There'll be as much entertainment as there was in the previous 5 home games. Did you get a refund for those?

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 16:03 - Mar 11 with 5893 viewsSouperJim

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 14:28 - Mar 11 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Hopefully football fans just accept it for what it is. Not sure if there is a force majeure clause within ST terms and conditions but there should be.

12,000 of us x 5 games equates to 60,000. Even if we've only effectively paid £15 a match (which is what mine was and one of the cheapest from what I recall, balanced against more expensive seats and kids seats), that's almost a million quid.

I'd much rather I got to watch the last five games for free on the app and the club kept my money than we effectively remove any transfer budget we might have had next year.

Arguably I'll probably have as much fun not going than actually going of late and nobody is asking for a refund for three consecutive 1-0 home defeats. It's no different to the match happening and being one to forget.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2020 14:33]

If it does happen and we all get to watch games on the app instead, I do wonder what effect that might have on season ticket sales. It's not beyond the realms of possibility that some people will realise that missing the football isn't the end of the world after all...

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 16:08 - Mar 11 with 5876 viewstextbackup

cancel DD payment with the bank if you are that fussed

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 16:24 - Mar 11 with 5813 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 16:03 - Mar 11 by SouperJim

If it does happen and we all get to watch games on the app instead, I do wonder what effect that might have on season ticket sales. It's not beyond the realms of possibility that some people will realise that missing the football isn't the end of the world after all...

I think we are one of the clubs that might suffer the most from that side of things.

Plenty of smaller clubs will be absolutely screwed by this crisis. Goes without saying that football is way down the list of things that are important in life, but obviously people are employed by these clubs and they could see their livelihoods at risks.

There must be a lot of smaller clubs who have a large number of fans that pay on the gate. Especially non-league clubs. I wonder how it plays out for someone like Coventry who presumably didn't sell many season tickets and on the back of a great season probably have a large percentage of their fans who didn't commit to ST's.

With us the risk is very real. 12,000 ST holders and how many of them go out of habit and would realise with 5 games off that they actually don't miss the football. I know a few people who went for years and stopped going for a temporary period through illness, work. finances and just never came back.

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 16:27 - Mar 11 with 5805 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

What does the small print say? Id be surprised if you are due a refund.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 16:41 - Mar 11 with 5751 viewsSouperJim

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 16:24 - Mar 11 by WarkTheWarkITFC

I think we are one of the clubs that might suffer the most from that side of things.

Plenty of smaller clubs will be absolutely screwed by this crisis. Goes without saying that football is way down the list of things that are important in life, but obviously people are employed by these clubs and they could see their livelihoods at risks.

There must be a lot of smaller clubs who have a large number of fans that pay on the gate. Especially non-league clubs. I wonder how it plays out for someone like Coventry who presumably didn't sell many season tickets and on the back of a great season probably have a large percentage of their fans who didn't commit to ST's.

With us the risk is very real. 12,000 ST holders and how many of them go out of habit and would realise with 5 games off that they actually don't miss the football. I know a few people who went for years and stopped going for a temporary period through illness, work. finances and just never came back.

What should probably happen is a chunk of money from further up the pyramid should trickle down to mitigate the damage. But we all know how likely that is.

A prime example of how, while his decision making has left a lot to be desired, we are lucky to have someone like Evans putting money in.

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 16:42 - Mar 11 with 5748 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Unpopular devils advocate opinion alert...

Us fans saying to suck it up and take the hit is very noble... but if it was the other way around and Evans came out saying we wouldn't get any money back due to club running costs, there would be absolute outrage.

For what its worth, I'd agree that we shouldn't expect a refund - perhaps just free access to watch the last games online and maybe a 'Free' match on next years ST as a goodwill gesture.
How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 16:42 - Mar 11 with 5748 viewsSouperJim

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 16:27 - Mar 11 by Marshalls_Mullet

What does the small print say? Id be surprised if you are due a refund.

Simon Clegg will be along with his magnifying glass any time now.

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 16:52 - Mar 11 with 5716 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 16:42 - Mar 11 by Matt_Netherlands

Unpopular devils advocate opinion alert...

Us fans saying to suck it up and take the hit is very noble... but if it was the other way around and Evans came out saying we wouldn't get any money back due to club running costs, there would be absolute outrage.

For what its worth, I'd agree that we shouldn't expect a refund - perhaps just free access to watch the last games online and maybe a 'Free' match on next years ST as a goodwill gesture.

Ultimately, as a consumer I don't think you should get any refund from any entity you do business with if something is genuinely and unquestionably outside of their control.

For bigger things like houses and holidays and cars there is insurance and so there should be. You cannot have people losing vast sums of money for factors equally not of their doing.

But for stuff like this, why should we pay and why should the club give the money back? Neither we or the club are responsible and so I think if it's paid you don't get it back and likewise the club can't do anything about the revenue they have lost from sales on the gate.

We will both lose out, which is about fair in the circumstances.

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 17:42 - Mar 11 with 5632 viewsbluejacko

Sure I heard somewhere that the season could be extended to cover this virus thingy.
(Natalie Sawyer & Simon Jordan, talk sport.)
[Post edited 11 Mar 2020 17:46]
How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 17:53 - Mar 11 with 5584 viewsRadlett_blue

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 17:42 - Mar 11 by bluejacko

Sure I heard somewhere that the season could be extended to cover this virus thingy.
(Natalie Sawyer & Simon Jordan, talk sport.)
[Post edited 11 Mar 2020 17:46]

There's lots of talk about seasons being extended in football, rugby etc. But how can this remotely be practical given that football pretty much goes on for 12 months of the year, Euros to come (if they aren't cancelled) etc. Sports administrators seem to have their heads in the sand, none more than the FA who are insisting that England friendly matches against Italy (!!!) and Denmark will go ahead.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 23:03 - Mar 11 with 5380 viewsScuzzer

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 16:08 - Mar 11 by textbackup

cancel DD payment with the bank if you are that fussed

Unless you paid up front.

Established 1968

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 00:57 - Mar 12 with 5306 viewsFifeITFC

I would imagine it's too early to say as this type of occurrence is surely unprecedented?

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 01:10 - Mar 12 with 5295 viewsBLUEBEAT

If we all agree to write-off any cancelled/unplayed games, maybe Marcus Evans could write-off the Money ITFC owes him too?

#unitedwefall

Poll: W or W

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 01:12 - Mar 12 with 5291 viewsJ2BLUE

The Premier League by Basuco 6 Mar 2020 19:28
Their most recent accounts show cash in bank at over £1.5 billion "cash at bank and in hand", and still they starve the EFL of a fair distribution of TV income. Premier League greed just get greater and greater. Source Keiran Maguire price of football, well worth following on twitter.

It would be a wonderful gesture from Premier League to cover any lost revenue from the final games. I would imagine they could bail out the Chanpionship down to the national league north and south and still get change from £50m. Obviously they have no obligation to do so but it would be a nice football solidarity story.

With that said I am not expecting a refund and won’t be asking for one either.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024